Point Beach Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
See available hotels
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Windswept Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Amethyst Beach Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
  • Pool
Pelican Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
  • Pool
Driftwood Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Dunes Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Boardwalk Beach Inn(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Surfside Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
The Atlantic Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssun deckamusement parkacross the streetbest kept secretupper levelcleaning ladiesthe jersey shorenice poolgreat weekendperfect locationa great staymotelbeachocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The hotel was in a nice location and was generally clean with comfortable beds. The windows wouldn't lock. In addition, we left an electronic item in the room by accident when we left but when we called back, the hotel said that the cleaning crew didn't find it. My son feels horrible because it was his iPod touch, and while we shouldn't have left it, I am disappointed that they didn't turn it in and give it back to us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jmeck2000
Reviewed 19 September 2012

i stayed there for a few nights based on the reviews of cleanliness and location.
i definitely did not feel the rooms were as clean as the other reviews mentioned. the carpet seemed dirty and the room had a really weird smell. the location was great, however i do not think i would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Let me just preface this by stating that I am a frequent traveller and have stayed at campsites, cheap hostels, motels, inns, B&Bs, home rentals, and hotels (including 5 stars) all over the world. I'm not a hotel snob. As long as the room is clean and the amenities offered in the room are functional, I'm okay. I don't require a TV, phone, air conditioning, or even a comfy bed. What matters the most to me is CLEANLINESS. It's also probably worth mentioning that this is my first written review here at tripadvisor. Although I have been a lurker for years, I have never felt compelled to write a review as the reviews by users here have always been fairly accurate... until now.

I booked a 2-night stay at Point Beach Motel with a total of 4 adults who shared the room at an average cost of $170 a night (a steep price to pay for what's to come). I arrived with absolutely no expectations as the reviews for this hotel were fairly mixed. I understood that this was a no-frills motel. The room I received was #108. It has 2 double beds, one bathroom with a shower-in-tub and two sinks (one in the bathroom and one outside - a great feature). Amenities included a flat screen tv, phone, air-conditioning, mini-fridge, one small closet, a dresser drawer, a small table with 2 chairs, towels, and hand soap. The room does not include any toiletries, iron, hairdryer, safe, water bottles, letter sets, or coffeemaker. Like I said, this is a no-frills motel.

UPON ARRIVAL: Once I walked in, I was hit with an overwhelming musty stench. The room was dank and the humidity in the room never seemed to dissipate in the 2 nights we were there even though we had left the A/C on at 68 degrees throughout the entire length of our stay. When I took of my shoes and felt the carpet with my bare feet, I immediately put my shoes back on. The carpet felt sticky, damp, and almost rubbery (if you could imagine that). None of my other 3 roomies took their shoes off either throughout our entire stay. Flip flops are a must if you plan on staying here!

STATE OF THE BEDS: The first thing I noticed were the big brown stains on the comforter on one of the beds. Everyone knows that the those comforters are cesspools for lord-knows-what. As I peeled that top comforter off, I noticed a number of stains (yellow, brown, and red) on the underside of the cover. I had to shut my eyes as I was doing this to prevent myself from blowing chunks. Thank goodness the sheets underneath were totally white and spotless and topped with an old blue felt-like blanket that was probably used since the 70s. The bed itself was not very comfortable as the mattress is probably as old as the blue felt blankets: you can feel the springs. If comfort of beds matter to you, seek shelter somewhere else.

THE BATHROOM: At first glance, the bathroom looked clean. However, upon closer inspection you will find rust on every metal surface, mold behind the shower curtain, and possible leftover vomit behind the toilet. Again, as long as you divert your eyes, you'll find that it is "clean enough". The bathroom has no windows and, unfortunately for us, the knob for the ventilation was BROKEN. There were 4 adults who shared the bathroom in the morning which meant that there were 4 consecutive steamy showers. This resulted in a lot of condensation on the ceiling which meant that we were practically getting rained on. Perhaps this humidity was the cause of the dank, musty condition of our room? I think if you are a single traveller or hate to take showers, you can get away with having no ventilation.

SERVICE: The man who worked at the reception desk was young and was very cordial. The only interaction I had was at Check-In and Check-Out which was a painless process. Despite all the problems we had, I didn't feel the need to make a complaint. The entire motel was booked full so it wasn't like they could've moved us into another room and judging from the reviews of other patrons, it didn't sound like they would've made any efforts to appease the situation. This isn't a national motel chain like the Motel 6 or Travelodge but a small, mom-and-pop, no-frills motel.

LOCATION: This was the saving grace of our stay. The motel is located across the street from Jenkinson's amusement park and just steps away from the beach and boardwalk. We were in town for a wedding located in Brick so we didn't really take advantage of the fact that we were so close to the beach. This motel is very easy to find so it made it easy for cabs and carpools to find us.

OTHER AMENITIES/OBSERVATONS: We didn't use the pool so I cannot comment on that. Neither did we use the ice machine nor the cleaning lady service as we were in the room when they knocked on our door. It is also worth noting that the keys to the doors are actual keys and not card keys. This is a concern for safety as anyone can make copies of the keys and enter your rooms without you knowing it.

Yes, $170 a night is a steep price to pay for such low quality rooms. However, this price was the cheapest I could find in the area. To be fair, this motel was not our first choice but our third (The Hilton Garden Inn was booked full and our first choice motel had a strict "2 adults per room" policy). Honestly, I don't really understand why this motel was rated so high here on tripadvisor. If I were to come back to Point Pleasant, I would definitely book elsewhere and pay more for cleanliness, comfort, and peace of mind.

Room Tip: This room is based on room 108. AVOID IT!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank quimbymouse
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Best kept secret on the Jersey Shore. 1st week in Sept is the best time to go to NJ Shore, nice weather, no crowds and the cost of the hotel is a fraction of peak season.
This hotel was great. Clean, comfortable and 1/2 block from the beach and boardwalk. Room has a mini fridge, flat screen tv with channels enough for my 2 year old, ice machine in lobby and the pool. Well the pool was the perfect temperature, like a warm bath. The pool was salt water type and this was my favorite feature of this hotel next to location and cost. I would definetely recommend this hotel will surely stay her again.
I rarely give excellant reviews and only a Hiton or Hyatt would be worthy but this was excellant hotel in its class.
Do stay and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

I took our 3 kids here, and it met our needs. Although some guests weren't respectful of families...not motels fault. Parking was tight, but they were helpful. Staff was great as far as providing extra towels and very nice. I loved that we were on the south side of the boardwalk! Free beach passes were awesome! All in all a good stay and clean rooms - water pressure was an issue, but not their fault- more of a city problem.
I used to love to stay at a motel on Arnold, but switched owners and not the same - this was a great alternative!

• Stayed: July 2012