“Perfect first vacation for a couple!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Perfect first vacation for a couple!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Within the first 5 minutes of being on the property, the office staff warmly welcomed and introduced us to the hotel. They were very understanding when we had a slight payment issue at the beginning (which we fixed in a jiff).

The rooms are so nice! We walked into our poolside room and were welcomed by warm beachy decor and a kichenette! it has a nice sized mini-fridge, a microwave, sink, and toaster. The room has great lighting and ocean view.

The best part so far is definetely the staff, they are so welcoming and friendly. They're quick to answer any questions.

A few other pluses are the private beach, snack bar, parking lot, and free wi-fi!

Will definetely be coming back!

-Emily G

Room Tip: Book early and always look at the rates on their website. scroll down to find great deals on their p...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmHeather

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Absolutly the best in Point Pleasant. Beautiful and relaxing paradise. Accomidations are A+++. Owners could not be nicer. Attentive to your every need. Beautiful private beach. Very freindly guests. Thanks so much.

2 Thank phattkenny
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room smelled like smoke and must....the bathroom was not very clean. There was hair matted to the towels and shower curtains. There was a peep hole from our kitchen into one of the other rooms which was strange. We took our 1 year old and left early. When we tried to talk to management about our experience , we never got a call back. The only plus was how close the beach was. We won't be coming back here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mct1013
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We have been coming to the Driftwood for many years for a family/cousins weekend - this past year there were 35 of us in the party. The location couldn't be better for a large group who just want to sit around, talk, laugh, eat and drink. The patio area has several tables with umbrellas for shade, just steps from the pool, which makes it great for the kids. On the other side of the patio is the sand, and a short distance away is the ocean. It really is the best of both worlds. The snack bar is a very convenient ammenity for coffee, breakfast, and lunch items.
The rooms could use some updating - especially the bathrooms, which are very small, and don't have tubs (at least not in the several rooms I've stayed in). The tub issue is not important to me but may be for those with small children. The only real wish I have for the bathroom would be a counter for toiletries. Otherwise, the room and bathroom are spotless, just dated.
All in all, we love this place for the location and the convenience. The owner, Laurie, is a doll. We'll be coming back for years to come, I'm sure!

2 Thank mezz4a
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

The first time I stayed at the Driftwood was last Sept. 2010. They had construction work going on at the time. It was terrible. They parked in spots needed for the customers (right in front of my room to be exact) and they started work loudly at 8 in the a.m. I found the room very small and smelly (not your typical beach smell either). I found the place (for the price, especially in off season) to be old, and beyond need of repair. The outside pool area and the beach were the only nice things about it.
My husband (who had forgotten I'd been there before with a friend and did not like it) made reservations to surprise me. The price was 250. for a one night stay with a room upstairs with a view of the ocean. Nice view, but you share the deck with a room next door. We were lucky, they were quiet. The room was very small and smell faintly of urine. Two very very uncomfortable beds and a not very clean room. Mold in the shower, wall paper peeling....just many things in need of repair. The snack bar (now mind you this is JULY, mid summer) opens at 8 and closes at 3 or 3:30!!!! There is no where really close to get supplies, you do have to drive (or walk, but its a distance). They did not even have plastic utensils when we asked, let alone napkins or paper plates. It did not say on the webpage that you needed to BRING everything. There was a small but in the way fridge on the desk right up against the sliding doors.....dirty inside. The pool (now again mind you this is mid july and one of the hottest days of the year)opened I don't know when (it wasn't opened when we left at 8:00 because we couldn't stand it anymore) and closed at seven o'clock at night! IT CLOSED! The woman (not sure if she is owner or what) pad locked the gate!!! There was a sign saying there was no life guard (none at anytime) on duty, swim at your own risk..etc. etc. We, like all the other unhappy people and they said so, paid full price to use the facilities. So why close the pool down that people were using at seven at night? Its not like we didn't know the risks and its not like the lifeguard was going home. I heard someone ask, she had no answer!!! Rude. The parking is terrible, you can barely get your car in or out. The whole place needs to be torn down and put up a new one. Its just not a good deal for the price or location. I don't give this place even one star.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kadylorraine1
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Being this was a last minute thought to go down to the shore I was a little nervous about the room being acceptable for my 5 and 9 years olds. I opened the door and was so pleased! It was clean, smelled so fresh and the bathroom was squeeky clean. I bring my own cleaners when I stay somewhere I am not familiar with. Needless to say I did not need them. Steps to the beach, perfect for all the beach stuff we lug around. I can not say enough about the place. The only thing that I would say could use to be revamped is the pool. It is small and the deck around it is also limiting. But it is clean. We were all very pleased and will be back. One very pleased family.

4 Thank italianlady44
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

After our last disaterous room in Pt. Pleasant at another hotel, this years selection was 110% better! Rooms were CLEAN. No smelly, no gnats, bathroom was small, but lovely. Staff was friendly. Beach was clean & even the guests were super nice. Beds were comfy. AC worked great. Loved the little sitting/dressing room. My toddler didn't like the beach, so most of our time was spent in the pool-which was also very clean and warm. Even the lounge furniture was nice. Only bad thing was parking, but its very limited in Pt Pleasant no matter where you go!

4 Thank leelee8866