“Last minute surprise.”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We booked this weekend trip last minute due to the prevailing weather reports. We were put into a ocean view room the first night and a partial ocean view the second. Private beach was wonderful and a lifeguard was on duty (something you don't often see on private beaches). The outdoor pool was clean and perfect for a cool dip. The snack bar served incredible breakfast sandwiches which, we enjoyed on the balcony of our room. We found the owners to be friendly and accessible. The hotel is not the newest or the cleanest (if you're compulsive) but, certainly perfect for a trip to the NJ shore.
The hotel seemed to be a good fit for families, groups and couples looking for a visit to the beach. I have stayed in the town many times and would easily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are wonderful and well-worth the higher price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Albert F Z

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Usually I don't go to many motels in point pleasant but the driftwood was incredible! Love that it is on the beach so didn't need to go the boardwalk to enjoy the beach. The snack shack they have was great! also the staff and management was extremely nice and helpful from helping me book my room for the weekend to checking out :) I strongly suggest this place to anyone looking to stay for a week or weekend. thank you again to the driftwood for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Call in and talk to the front desk. they will help you book a great room and they are very helpful
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Louis C
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We rented 4 rooms for three days, most of the staff bent over backward to help any way they could, the rooms were older but very clean, small TV but who goes to the beach to watch TV? The rooms were not cheap but what room at the shore is? Nice location on the beach, small parking area. Would I stay here again? yes we would!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gdecker1963
Reviewed 16 August 2013

About a mile walk to the Boardwalk. ! car per room but free street parking a block away to drag your luggage. I like the private beach area, small but nice. Pool was really clean and basically warm. I didn't go in but a few kids were swimming. Room had a mini fridge, decent tv, lots of channels, wall mounted a/c and heat. Other than that the room was your typically small hotel room, tiny bathroom, mattresses were clearly rather old as were the cheap pillows. I actually slept good but I did bring my own pillow. The sheets felt clean but the comforter felt nasty. I dared walking on the carpet barefoot it felt like a risk.
Overall your paying jersey shore prices a true rip off but every hotel is the same way. Overpriced in prime season. My suggestion is if this hotel has the audacity to charge $200 per night this better have a decent mattress, pillows and continental breakfast, none of which it offered.
Stay here if nothing else cheaper is available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank haringdr27
Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a location right on a private beach . Walk out of your room, your at the pool..few more steps your on the beach!
Perfect for family of all ages like mine. Last year we rented 5 rooms this year 4 rooms All kinds of room size's .Were a big family, here there is something for all, and you can walk to the boardwalk. We will be going to the Driftwood Motel for many years to come. We found our place on the beach.
Snack shack perfect for breakfast, or lunch! My 2 year old loved his egg sandwich before hitting the beach .My 7 year old never wants to leave.We really have a great time here !
Just one more reason this place is so great the people who run it- Paul, Sam, Teddy, Lori , Lou, They can't do enough for you to enjoy your stay.... Excellent service :-)

3  Thank PPEJV
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was looking for a place for a last minute getaway w/ my family and could not find anything. We fortunately were able to get the last room at the Driftwood sight unseen and were very pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and what a great location...right on a private beach and a short walk to the boardwalk...we really had a great time...BTW the cheese steaks at the the Driftwood snack shack were better than on the boardwalk :-)

Room Tip: FYI they close the outside showers @ 4 ... should really stay open later
2  Thank brandcr
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I chose this hotel based on TA reviews. It was everything and more. It is in a nice residential area far enough away from the boardwalk that you can enjoy the beautiful beach. I took my daughter and her friends and felt very safe. It is a private beach with it's own lifeguard. You can still walk to boardwalk if you want. The motel is simple with very basic ammenities but clean. We had a room with 2 doubles and one single. I was very surprised at the nice size. Also had a decent sized frig. Everyone is extremely friendly. We arrived early on check in day and left late on check out and they were able to use the beach. I plan on going back before the summer is over.

2  Thank jbhclh