“Nice and Friendly”
Review of Crystal Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Crystal Point Inn
NJ
“Nice and Friendly”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend as part of a wedding block of rooms. Us (and about 20 other rooms) were full of friends and family of the bride and groom. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was also a pool that had plenty of guests enjoying the sun. The staff was very friendly allowing us an early check in. Cont breakfast next day was full of bagels, muffins, etc. The best part is at the end of the night after the wedding, we just walked across the lot back to our room. You can't beat the convenience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NJ777pp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NEW YORK
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to the beautiful Crystal Inn Yacht Club, where we attended a wedding reception. We needed to be close so we could care for our young grandson later in the evening while his parents attended the reception.

The hotel is like something out of the 50s. There are outside entrances and people sit outside their rooms and smoke. It's hard to get past the smoke when you walk outside, and eventually it filters to your room.

When the wedding reception ended around midnight and everyone started coming back to their rooms (some of them VERY drunk) we could hear everyone.

The linens are frayed and old. The comforters need to be replaced as they are dingy. The beds were OK. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked very nice. I didn't eat the continental breakfast, but it didn't look too bad. They had cereal, muffins, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I can say that the coffee actually wasn't bad.

I would never have chosen to stay here if I didn't need to be so close to the reception. They can charge whatever they like because of the location and because it was the middle of the summer, but it is so overpriced for what you get. It is nothing special. It wasn't dirty, I can say that. Our room seemed clean enough.

Stay here if you really have to, like I did, but if not, there's a really great Hilton Garden Inn a few minutes up the road for about the same price! Stay THERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank GRAMMY911NewYork

Travellers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Bayville, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at Crystal Point after attending a beautiful wedding there! The room smelled so fresh and clean and the the location was nice! right by the marina and recently re-done bridge! The staff were so accommodating, responsive and friendly. You can stay in chain hotels, yes... and get the fake "butt-kissing".. but the staff here were so genuinely friendly and went out of their way to to make sure our stay was great!!
I would definitely recommend this place... it is not in the 'touristy" part of town, but only a minutes drive. We will definitely return in the summer!! thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I was at the Crystal Point Inn Sat nite, Nov 6, 2010. I was attending my 30th high school class reunion with the event taking place at the Crystal Point Yacht Club. Definitely a plus to walk across the parking lot and be right there! The hotel room was clean, the king size bed comfortable, and all in all a nice place to stay. The room did not have a refrig or microwave which would have been nice had we stayed longer. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. A nice assortment of bagels, muffins and donuts were available.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We came here to stay because we were going to a wedding that night and needed somewhere to sleep for the night. The place is two floors across from the yacht/boat club. The yacht boat club looked very nice from the pictures but there wasn't much about the motel. We walked in and the whole room smelled of moist dampness. The inside furnishings were from the early 80's and you could hear every movement from the people upstairs and next door.

The bathroom light was awful and I took a shower with my flip flops on.

What struck me as so strange was that the yacht club was very nice inside, all new and the food was great. I'm not sure why they wouldn't re-do the crappy motel attached for their guests?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Real_Travel_Gatos
Nanuet,ny
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Our family had a last minute opportunity to get away to Pt Pleasant. The beach front hotels were booked or priced out of this world, and the price here was great. I knew the area and had passed this motel many time. It is at least 15 minutes from the beach, but located on a river next to a yatch club, very nice setting. The service (check in/out )very pleasant. Room was ok, bed comfotrtable, clean. The two rooms we rented were decorated nicely, new wall paper and several prints on the walls. The ac was a wall unit, kept the room very cool. Bathrooms showed their age but were nicely appointed and very clean with plenty of towels, and ammenities and plenty of hot water. Pool was large and deep, only complaint was that it required a lifegurard and he did not start until 11:00 am, check out time. We were there on a week night and it was very quiet, no road noise at all. Continental breakfast was good/standard fare, plenty ot eat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Belvidere, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My husband and me stayed there one Saturday night May 2010 after attending a wedding reception at the adjacent yacht club. This was not yet summer high season, and while we understand revelry, the partying was right outside our door and went on until 2 a.m. unencumbered. I was pretty sure someone would call management but alas no. The next morning, the staff was unapologetic.
I am in the travel industry. Many people are unaware that the star ratings of a hotel/motel are to indicated the level of amenities ONLY. IN my opinion, being a motel does not excuse poor housekeeping. The establishment is visibly a little ragged; one of the table lamps could not be turned off without pulling out the extension cord, clearly there had been no thorough vacuuming as one of our beds had a sanitary napkin wrapper under it, nor had the bathtub been cleaned properly. I'm not saying this was the worst place I've ever stayed in but I would avoid it in the future.
On the plus side, the morning complimentary breakfast offering was plentiful and the coffee remarkably good.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple