“my vacation was saved”
Review of Crystal Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Crystal Point Inn
Reviewed 16 August 2013

my family and I are from Staten Island, we had a bit of a debacle from the girl at the front desk concerning our room arrangements, all of that changed when we met Brenda. She was so down to earth and informative on everything going on in the entire area. My parents and all of our crazy kids were treated so nice from this lady.Its hard enough going on vacation with your entire family,and then being treated with a dismissive attitude from the motel staff. She made us feel not only welcome but the kids felt safe. I cannot tell you how many overcrowded lousey noisy motels are in this area, and we felt welcomed here. The bay beach was an awesome suprise and wristband day at Jenkinsons boardwalk was cool. My parents especially appreciated her info on Frankies resteraunt and the awesome burgers at Riverrock. She is cool and we will definately come back, maybe even for a sneakaway, Such a nice experience, and thanx for the extras!!!!!LOL what rain?????

Room Tip: Poolside groundfloor..for sure!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank noelle c
There are newer reviews for Crystal Point Inn

Reviewed 11 August 2013

After changing my vacation a few times, as I read some horrible reviews... I was pleasantly surprised with my choice! Crystal Point Inn was very clean, cozy, and peaceful! Very reasonably priced! Staff was friendly, continental breakfast was nice, not cheesy at all! Pool was great, as was the views. A short five-minute drive over the bridge to Point Pleasant Beach & Jenkinson's boardwalk! Also a great little river beach about a mile down the road. Overall, very happy with our stay this August 2013, and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gmp31026
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently stayed with my husband and was the onsite babysitter for a few guests attending a wedding as well as my own. The tall Lady at the front desk was extremely accomodating and patient with all of our ruckus. She helped the kids with the ice machine and even let them watch tv for a while in the office. She gave them cheerios and calmed them down. Our Tv wasnt working and she came right over and fixed the fuzziness and gave us extra fluffy pillows for the kids. We are grateful for her help. Would definately consider coming back for the Summer, The Pool is Huge and the rooms were comfortable. Lots of info inside the office on where to go, attractions etc. The Lady told us all about the aquarium and boardwalk , rides food etc., we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I were displaced by the Superstorm Sandy. There were no motels available as 1000's of people were homeless. Motels were charging excessive amounts to take advantage of the shortage of rooms so they could make an unfair profit. This was not the case at the Crystal Point. The manager David gave the victims of Sandy a discounted rate rather than taking advantage of their misfortune. He addressed my every request even allowing me to fax insurance items from his office. He made sure the breakfast in the morning was five star better than I would expect at the best hotels.The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. Sitting on the balcony you could enjoy lovely views of the river. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor with the balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed in the off-season for 6 nights. For $60-$70 a night, it was a bare-bones experience that was garden-variety except for the poor attitudes in management.

Nothing was especially great, but the folks I interacted with alienated me with their dismissive tone. Check-in felt like an annoyance to the older gentleman who had me fill out check-in forms. An internet issue at 9pm was met with a defensive, dismissive response and ended with a dull instruction that I should "complain to the manager about it, I guess"

Outside of that, the maid service was very polite & helpful.

If you're self-reliant, this should be a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: If it's amenities you want, go elsewhere. You'll find only a bed, toilet & shower here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeteK440
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel was clean and located about 10 minutes from the point pleasant board walk. It was reasonibly priced for labor day weekend. The pool was much larger than expected and was kept very clean with a life gaurd on duty. (in season). I heard from other people that the lady at the front desk was not friendly and was rude to a few people, but i cannot say bc i did not encounter the woman at the front desk. This hotel also has a catering hall on site seperate from the hotel part that is used for weddings. I would recommend this hotel to others and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mattbader
Reviewed 24 August 2012

this was our second time staying at the inn.....you can't beat the price for a shore motel/hotel whatever it is you want to call it. During the week is under 100 bucks. As I stated in my first review of this location, the pool was exceptional, the life guards on duty are fantastic, always helpful, and some great banter between the guests and themselves. We had the same exact room we had our first time there at our request, it was closest to the pool and away from the parking lot which is fantastic for our 2 toddler children..some grass for them to play on as well....The staff is excellent, friendly and most accommodating...within in minutes of checking in, our 3 year old locked us out of the room and when I went to the front desk the girl behind the desk chuckled saying she has kids and knows the feeling. The breakfast choices again were superb, an assortment of donuts, cereals, muffins, bagels, oj, coffee, tea.....great way to start the day. The cleanliness of our room is like no other I have seen at the jersey shore. We will absolutely go back again next summer, this has become our place to go....hope you all have as great as an experience as we have had

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family