“Wonderful place to stay!”
Review of Crystal Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Crystal Point Inn
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I was at the Crystal Point Inn Sat nite, Nov 6, 2010. I was attending my 30th high school class reunion with the event taking place at the Crystal Point Yacht Club. Definitely a plus to walk across the parking lot and be right there! The hotel room was clean, the king size bed comfortable, and all in all a nice place to stay. The room did not have a refrig or microwave which would have been nice had we stayed longer. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. A nice assortment of bagels, muffins and donuts were available.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We came here to stay because we were going to a wedding that night and needed somewhere to sleep for the night. The place is two floors across from the yacht/boat club. The yacht boat club looked very nice from the pictures but there wasn't much about the motel. We walked in and the whole room smelled of moist dampness. The inside furnishings were from the early 80's and you could hear every movement from the people upstairs and next door.

The bathroom light was awful and I took a shower with my flip flops on.

What struck me as so strange was that the yacht club was very nice inside, all new and the food was great. I'm not sure why they wouldn't re-do the crappy motel attached for their guests?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Real_Travel_Gatos

Travellers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Nanuet,ny
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Our family had a last minute opportunity to get away to Pt Pleasant. The beach front hotels were booked or priced out of this world, and the price here was great. I knew the area and had passed this motel many time. It is at least 15 minutes from the beach, but located on a river next to a yatch club, very nice setting. The service (check in/out )very pleasant. Room was ok, bed comfotrtable, clean. The two rooms we rented were decorated nicely, new wall paper and several prints on the walls. The ac was a wall unit, kept the room very cool. Bathrooms showed their age but were nicely appointed and very clean with plenty of towels, and ammenities and plenty of hot water. Pool was large and deep, only complaint was that it required a lifegurard and he did not start until 11:00 am, check out time. We were there on a week night and it was very quiet, no road noise at all. Continental breakfast was good/standard fare, plenty ot eat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Belvidere, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My husband and me stayed there one Saturday night May 2010 after attending a wedding reception at the adjacent yacht club. This was not yet summer high season, and while we understand revelry, the partying was right outside our door and went on until 2 a.m. unencumbered. I was pretty sure someone would call management but alas no. The next morning, the staff was unapologetic.
I am in the travel industry. Many people are unaware that the star ratings of a hotel/motel are to indicated the level of amenities ONLY. IN my opinion, being a motel does not excuse poor housekeeping. The establishment is visibly a little ragged; one of the table lamps could not be turned off without pulling out the extension cord, clearly there had been no thorough vacuuming as one of our beds had a sanitary napkin wrapper under it, nor had the bathtub been cleaned properly. I'm not saying this was the worst place I've ever stayed in but I would avoid it in the future.
On the plus side, the morning complimentary breakfast offering was plentiful and the coffee remarkably good.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My sister booked this hotel near her house for use because she was having other guests and we could not sleep in her home. The office is closes at 9 pm, so she picked up the 2 keys (2 rooms with 2 full beds each). We needed to take two rooms for 3 people since IMO, 4 people can fit on 2 queens, but not 2 fulls. We arrived after 9 pm and the office was closed.

In each of the rooms (107 and 108) one of the mattresses was OK and the other was terrible. When you laid down on them, you middle section almost the boxspring while our head and feet were at upwards angles.

Since the office was not open we could not get different rooms.

In the morning, I complained to the manager, and his response was “nobody ever complained before.” No apology, no interest in going to look at the mattress. He just turned away form me and walked into he office.

My advice, stay clear of this place! Stick with the chains where you can complain to someone who actually cares.

We were planning to stay there two days, be cancelled the following night. We slept on couches at my sister’s home and slept better!

BTW, in the morning I was given the key to room 106 to see that was better. That room also had one OK mattress and one poor mattress. I guess they replaced one mattress in each room several years ago and mattresses that were not replaced are so old now, they all sink in the center.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank max3796
baltimore md
Reviewed 31 March 2010

OK- so it was very convenient to where we needed to be for one night. It was also very cheap- should have been our first clue.
The smoke free room gagged us with with smell of stale smoke. THere where cigarette holes in the carpet. The pillows where stained and DISGUSTNG!
At 945 pm I realized they had not given me the code to get into the internet. Called the front desk - no answer. Went to the office - note on door with emergency number. Hmmm... not really an emergency - but it was early and I needed to get on to the internet. Called and got a suryly guy who said he would be right there. Waited for him outside and apologized profusely. He proceded to nastily complain about bothering him for something that wasn't an emergency and I should have asked for it when I arrived.
On a lighter note - the continental breakfast was surprisingly good and the office staff - other that the maintenance creep- where very nice.
Spend the money and stay somewhere else.l

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I and my wife had a family affair for the weekend and this was located in a perfect spot for traveling to the events. Generally, we are seasoned travelers and can be picky about a hotel. The rooms are simple and basically it is an older motel on the beach of NJ. The bed was firm but quite squeaky. It was next to a marina and banquet hall so there was noise in the large parking lot in the late evening. The walls are thin and noises were carried quite easily. There is a second floor, but no elevator. We did find it clean and was maintained well each day by the staff. The utilities (water, shower, A/C) worked well. There was a free continental breakfast with cereals, juices, good coffee, muffins, and bagels, etc. These were fresh when we had them. The staff was quite helpful at any time of the day or night. It was relatively fair priced for the area. Overall, we would stay again when we need a room for a night or two in the area, but not for a vacation or any extended time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#2 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#10 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Crystal Point Inn? Share your experiences!