“This places isn't bad, here's a list of the good and the bad in our room..”

Pelican Point Motel
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The place wasn't bad. I'm not gonna say it was a horrible place or that I loved it but it was okay.

I waited until last minute to book my vacation so this was the last place that had vacancy. I'm gonna just list the bad and the good.

I will start with the good...

The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfy, it wasn't too far from the beach (about 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk and traffic), parking was free, and they had a mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

Now that bad..

The toilet paper holder was broken so the toilet paper was on the floor(that's like a $10 fix? And they're already charging a lot), it was expensive, you could hear everything in the rooms next to you, our blinds were broken, one of our windows wouldn't open, the doors on the shower would fall off as soon as we moved them, and parking was difficult.

I would recommend this place if you're just staying a night or two but no longer than that.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MeganLea366

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed for four nights in August. Requested one of the newly renovated rooms downstairs. Rooms are as clean as can be, and beds are fairly comfortable. Motel is conveniently close to the beach. Owner is very accommodating, letting us keep our car in the parking lot to go to the boardwalk after checkout, and also giving my son a boogie board to use on the beach when we couldn't find one to buy on the boardwalk. The pool is also very clean and well kept. We were amazed at how the motel looks as good as it does after looking at the post-Sandy pictures in the office. Would definitely stay here in the future.

1  Thank JohnG490OS
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were looking for a room for just one night, over a weekend, and no hotel/motel would have us, without booking 2+ more nights :-( Then I called the Pelican Point Motel and they said, "Come on over, we'll take you!"

We were three people, 2 adults and a child, we stayed in room 11 (back of the building, first floor with 2 double beds).

We wanted something walking distance to the beach and Jenkinson's, and this location was perfect. It is only 2 blocks from the beach, they are loooong blocks, but if my 4 yr old son didn't complain......than it was alright with me :-)

The day we checked out we also went to the beach. AJ (at the front desk) told us it would be no problem for us to come back to the motel and jump in the pool to wash the sand off us before our drive home. What other hotel would let you use their facilities after checking out? Not many I've stayed at. They also have beach chairs and umbrellas to rent at a reasonable price so that you don't have to bring yours from home.
The pool was exceptionally clean and the water was wet.....what more could you ask for?!

I only have 3 tiny issues:
1) no wireless internet !!
2) no restaurant/café on the premises. If we were staying longer than 1 or 2 nights this would have been a problem. We'd have to get into the car to eat every meal)
3) please move the bathroom shelf in room 11. When you stand up from the potty, we ALWAYS bumped out heads......weird place for a shelf.

That being said, we will definitely stay at this motel again Teresa and AJ were very helpful, and were very good with the "small details". Thank you for making our mini vacation hassle free :-)

Room Tip: All first floor rooms have been remodeled (due to Sandy), upper floors have not. All first floor ro...
1  Thank Ramsey M
thebigmoose, Owner at Pelican Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Pelican Point motel. Please be advises that we do have wireless Internet at no charge to our customers. Also as far as the shelf in the bathroom goes that issue has been addressed. Thank you for that. Also as far as restaurants there are many within walking distance and many that deliver directly to the motel.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed in room 19 with 2 kids. It's a motel--not a hotel so not much space or amenities which I expected. But since a beach motel, would've been great to have more hooks in the rooms to hang wet bathing suits and towels. Either that or have a line dryer set up outdoors. Most people hung their stuff on the chair/table provided outside the room. Got discounted beach passes at the front desk and they gave us a free one for my 12 year-old. Pool was nice. Walking distance to the beach and entrance in the middle of games/rides. It is a long 2 blocks though so if you've got a lot to carry bring a beach cart like we did. Would stay there again mostly due to location and that room was very clean and beds surprisingly comfortable.

1  Thank RodFamTvls
Reviewed 14 August 2013

for almost $400/night we have got a 2 tandem room "suite", close to the beach ($9/pp a day), with OK beds.
Cons:
-bathroom that was last updated in the 70th: pink tile, very old tub and rusted vanity, no place to place toothbrushes
-missing outlet covers
-holes in walls
-broken table lamp
-shoe box size fridge
-closet with no doors and 2 hangers
-tiny, old, and very dirty window A/C unit in the front room. When we tried to turn it on the smell was unbearable so we had no air conditioning for that area.

5  Thank Andy94
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay at Pelican Point Motel. My friends and I stayed in one of the renovated rooms (11). Room was clean and there was plenty of space for 3 people. Shelf in the bathroom was low and both my friends hit their head on it (being 5'1", I didn't need to worry about it). There is a pool at the motel, but we did not use it. This is a GREAT location as it is only 2 blocks away from the beach. Beach costs $9, but if you go to the front desk you can get passes for $5. Staff was very helpful and AJ was able to suggest great places to eat. We went to Perks for breakfast one day and the Bagelry on the second day, Seabreeze Dining and Europa South for dinner (all very good and portions were huge!). This place is very family oriented. Martel's is a great spot for drinks and there was a live band when we went. The Aquarium is also cool. We checked out the shark feeding one night. This place is definitely worth the money and I hope to return again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at the pelican point with my friend over 4th of July weekend. Great place and room. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms and it was beautifuly decorated and very clean. The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend it to any one wanting to stay in point pleasant and we would definitely go back again!!

Thanks so much

Hewitt Wellington
Hewitt Wellington
#1 of 7 in Spring Lake
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#11 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Amethyst Beach Motel
Amethyst Beach Motel
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Pelican Point Motel? Share your experiences!