“Empty , but nice”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed recently for two nights in the oceanside portion of the property. Due to the time of year it was exceptionally quiet. Other than some minor cosmetic repairs that were needed, our room was very clean and accommodating. The wifi was super fast ! The restaurants on the property were both good as well, but empty. All in all it was a good stay and convenient to the boardwalk, etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEDNO
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please return soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the white sands with my family in July 2013. the only obstacle I had was when we booked the room with the breakfast package we were told one price and then later the hotel rep. called and stated that we were given the wrong price. we were not charged for one of the kids. so I was a little pissed about that. but the price was still a good deal. so once we checked in the whole experience was great. I loved the private beach that they have. and our room was right by the pool so that was convenient. and considering they had to repair everything from storm sandy it was great. i would definitely stay here again. and the food was great also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank c m

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again this season!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

First person to greet us was a very unhappy (I hate my job) valet gentleman. Next, our room had a king bed and pullout sofa, never wanted sofabed. They were unable to oblige. We were tired,so we took the room. Room large,but old. TV also old and blurry. No flat screen here! Place had 2 weddings and 1 sweet sixteen going on. People knocked on our room during the night by mistake,none the less woke us up. The dinner restaurant was closed (this was 7pm on Saturday night). This place is absolutely horrible. Nothing good to say at all. Would never recommend or go again (not even in the summer).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Denise B
Christina Chiai... R, General Manager at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hearing from our guest is always valuable feedback!
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. Please contact me to discuss the issues. We always strive to please all our guests.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Christina Ranuro
GM

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The three of us stayed in a double king room on a warm September weekday and had a great time! It was not at all crowded at that time, but even at the height of the season, I would go back to White Sands. It was clean, comfortable, with great beds, enough room, a little balcony, three pools and a hot tub. The hotel has their own beach, so you save on the beach tag, the parking fees and it is more roomy. The beach is also a bit narrower than the public beach, so there is less of a walk back a forth to bathrooms etc. We had the hot tub and the pools to ourselves, which made the indoor pool a lovely place to relax and hang out. Looked like they were finishing up the construction on the ocean front building post-sandy. The main hotel building, where we stayed, is across the street so construction noise was not an issue. Couldn't even tell they had had damage there - the place looked great. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TurkeyTravelingGirl

I look forward to hearing from you.
Christina Ranuro
GM

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon deal and had a favorable experience. The place is directly across the street from the entrance to the beach ( they actually own 5 different buildings all within a 2 block area) It had all amenities needed, both an indoor and outdoor pool if you wanted to use it, their own Italian restaurant on the premises, a breakfast place which was closed on Tuesday, and a restaurant to purchase lunch and light snacks. The room was very clean. The bathroom was a good size with a sink vanity on the outside. The front desk was very helpful and answered the many questions we had including where to go for a good breakfast since their restaurant was closed that day. Go to Mariner's Cove in Brielle for a fantastic breakfast with over 200 types of omlets and breakfast specials offered! The Italian restaurant Finista(sp?) on the premises of the White Sands was excellent. We loved that they offered all items on the menu for either 2 or 4 people (and the portion size was still huge for my husband and me!) I will definately recommend this hotel to anyone. It was just perfect for our short little getaway! Perfect for a summer vacation for a family of any size!

Room Tip: Try to book a front room to have ocean view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arlene S

Thank you! I hope to see you again this coming season!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have stayed at the White Sands for 13 yrs. Then Sandy hit last year. My children WHERE crying and so upset that THEIR White sands was destroyed. My daughter now 16 and son now 9 were so happy to be able to stay again this year. (Our 15th summer). Unbelievable to see people complain about the construction and what a bother it was to them. We were so happy to be there and be apart of our White Sands being rebuilt! We too were there in Aug. 2013, yes there was truck noise but who could complain? God bless them for rebuilding and keeping the Shore alive!!!!!!!

We will always recommend this wonderful family hotel. Clean, fun and close to everything.

My sincere gratitude.......L. Dox

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jenks31

We Love you too! Your children are so sweet to commiserate with us. But we have survived and we are restored. I look forward to seeing you this season!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at the White Sands for a long weekend with my family. My husband and I stayed in room 405 with our 4 young children my parents stayed in room 401, and my sister and her partner stayed in the 100 building. The 400 building was great! Our room was on the first floor, and literally a few feet away from the newly re-done pool. The room had a front room with 2 queen beds and a back room with a king. Our room was very clean with the exception of the tile floors that were sandy all the time. The cleaning staff was wonderful and the room smelled like bleach and was wonderfully maintained. We had more than enough room for our 1,3,6,and 8 year old. The room had a small fridge, microwave, iron, and blow dryer. The bathroom was small but very clean. My parents room was also very clean and spacious, however, they were next door to some kind of utility room, and a boiler, or some machinery came on periodically throughout the night. I did not visit the 100 building. The pool was great for little kids with several tiered steps and a shallow end that was 1ft - 3ft. The hotel supplies you with beach towels and room towels. The staff at the White Sands was wonderful. They were beyond helpful. Everyone I spoke to was willing to go the extra mile to be accommodating, whether it be to get us more beach towels, or have ice brought to my parents' room. We stopped into the lobby to get restaurant recommendations and the man behind the desk not only suggested a couple family friendly places to dine, but also took out a map and drew the route I should take to get there. The White Sands is close enough to Jenkinson's that we could walk to the boardwalk or aquarium, but far enough away that there was more privacy than some of the other hotels. We went in what is considered the "off season" and I believe we got a very good value for the price. In the summer months when the price almost doubles I probably would not feel as satisfied. I would definitely go back this time next year. For the price and proximity to the ocean, we can probably not do any better.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with little kids, room 405 is great. The back room has a king size bed and the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassie C

I am so happy you all enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again this season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Point Pleasant Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!