I would like to begin to tell you that we booked our wedding a year and a half ago with Teresa the previous wedding coordinator. Firefly has since then taken over and Lori and her staff were remarkable but they are completely separate entities to the resort. When my family (we have 3 children) and I arrived a few days before our wedding on July 4th 2014, before checking in, one of the owners Christina Chiai wanted to pull me aside to "talk" to me. She continued to thank me for our business and then went on to tell me that the honeyroom suite is not meant for children and to make sure we "watch" them. She also went on to explain to me that the previous wedding coordinator, who booked our wedding, costed them a ton of money and we are basically getting our wedding for free. She said that they are not even meeting their cost and our guests and ourselves are getting a huge discount on these rooms, especially when the guests are mostly staying one night for the price of $198.00. She said that they are honoring our contract but just wanted to make me aware of all of the money that they lost because of the previous wedding coordinator, and that we are getting a huge discount.Let me tell you we spent every extra dime we had on this wedding along with paying bills, kids, etc. It was by far anything but cheap or a huge discount. The room quality was ok for a honeymoon suite, the refrigerator was broken and the air conditioner only worked on low setting. Thankfully they replaced the refrigerator before the wedding. Along with that there was a one particular front desk woman who was just nasty to us. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, the wedding was beautiful thanks to Firefly catering but none of my family or friends all said they would never stay here again as well as my husband and myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking or a vacation from the everyday? Dreaming of a perfect beachfront wedding? Hosting a business conference and need to impress? Let The White Sands assure your success with our outstanding culinary performance, expert party planners, and exceptional guest service with onsite amenities. Our venue is located inside the main building of The White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa offering more convenience and comfort for your overnight guests. The Sea Spa and Salon is equipped to relax, refresh and renew in preparation for your event. The Seabase Lounge is the central hub of the hotel, a place to meet, greet, drink and eat; and the perfect location for pre and post party gatherings. We are here to provide you the ultimate destination for all your vacation or party planning needs. Start making everlasting memories with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Oceanfront Hotel Point Pleasant Beach
- White Sands Oceanfront Resort And Spa
- White Sands Hotel Point Pleasant Nj