“Extremely Disappointed”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I would like to begin to tell you that we booked our wedding a year and a half ago with Teresa the previous wedding coordinator. Firefly has since then taken over and Lori and her staff were remarkable but they are completely separate entities to the resort. When my family (we have 3 children) and I arrived a few days before our wedding on July 4th 2014, before checking in, one of the owners Christina Chiai wanted to pull me aside to "talk" to me. She continued to thank me for our business and then went on to tell me that the honeyroom suite is not meant for children and to make sure we "watch" them. She also went on to explain to me that the previous wedding coordinator, who booked our wedding, costed them a ton of money and we are basically getting our wedding for free. She said that they are not even meeting their cost and our guests and ourselves are getting a huge discount on these rooms, especially when the guests are mostly staying one night for the price of $198.00. She said that they are honoring our contract but just wanted to make me aware of all of the money that they lost because of the previous wedding coordinator, and that we are getting a huge discount.Let me tell you we spent every extra dime we had on this wedding along with paying bills, kids, etc. It was by far anything but cheap or a huge discount. The room quality was ok for a honeymoon suite, the refrigerator was broken and the air conditioner only worked on low setting. Thankfully they replaced the refrigerator before the wedding. Along with that there was a one particular front desk woman who was just nasty to us. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, the wedding was beautiful thanks to Firefly catering but none of my family or friends all said they would never stay here again as well as my husband and myself.

8  Thank Lori S
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Respectfully, that is not at all how our conversation went. I, too, am extremely disappointed. I simply could not do enough for this guest.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

On the good side, most people were helpful when asking questions, when we had any issues and called the office the staff responded immediately to help solve the problem. The no smoking policy is very good for people such as us who appreciate the safety of this. Also the enforced rules about noise, or unruly behaviors is very comforting because you don't have to worry about being disturbed when you are trying to sleep or just relax. There is also a nice workout facility. The pools are lovely and the private beach is also a great feature. Also the hotel dining is great overlooking the ocean and the food menu is looked really interesting although on the down side dinner is not open on Monday night and that is when we were there so we couldn't experience it. Also on the down side we got a room for 300.00 with the tax and for the price the room was quite small. We also had some trouble with the TV Converter working it and toilet flushing which was both taken care of immediately with a phone call to office and the staff came with a smile and very good attitude. I think though all these things should be checked before we arrive because the only other thing is this hotel is a little pricey for having such a small room-Booking is also hard for people who want to come spur of the moment because this place has bookings way ahead of time.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms for size and price. The rooms in the lower price range are quite small.
1  Thank Shari G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The facility has many room styles and sizes. Perhaps another room style would fit you better in the future. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for one night, on a Thursday. The rate was $285.00, which I found steep for a weeknight. I booked over the phone with a really nice guy named Kevin, who was extremely kind and helpful. The room was just fine...a bit dated, but clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the place must have some thin walls, because anyone walking by or in another room sounded extremely loud!!!! In the morning we went by the restaurant to get coffee and tea. The coffee was awful and they were out of regular tea bags....the tea water tasted like coffee too...which, as you know if you are NOT a coffee drinker is just gross. I wouldn't stay there again, because there are much nicer bed and breakfasts, but for one night it was just fine....albeit overpriced for the quality.

1  Thank 489deniseb
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All comments are treated very seriously as we work very hard. But Average? We offer three pools (one of which is an indoor pool), free access to a private beach, a baby wading pool, a fitness center, and free parking. All our rooms are outfitted in quality linens and towels and there are staff members all over the property to assist with our guests stay. I sure do hope you will try the White Sands again. Perhaps stay in the Main Hotel where the price is the comparable but it is constructed as a Hotel with interior hallways and thicker walls. :)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went to the hotel in June with my 18 month old son and husband....it was wonderful! Pool was great...had baby pool...the staff was fabulous and helpful....there was a woman at the pool ( wish I knew her name)! Who was so nice....even offered to push my stroller around the pool while the baby slept.....affordable and clean....can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do work very hard to provide a great experience. We will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great for families with kids. We have a 4 year old and 2 year old. The beach is just steps from the pools. The kids enjoyed playing at the beach and pools all day. Then the short walk to the boardwalk at night was perfect. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for making my day! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great location, friendly staff can't do enough for guests!!
Stayed on beach side,steps from beach and 2 pools
Kids loved it!!
Firefly Resturant on premises with view of ocean was convenient and delicious.
I was expecting a renovated room with hardwood floors but got old carpet room smelled musty. They need to remove carpet on second floor and I wouldn't have any complaints. Will definatly stay again on first floor

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will take your comments into consideration. We will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room I feel was extremely over priced. The room did not look like those on the website. I stayed here one night with my children and am glad I only booked one night as you can't cancel within 14 days. We were ready to leave right when we checked in. The hotel room is in need of general maintenance. The sink drain took forever to empty, there was paint chipped all over the door jam, plaster marks on the wall and I stepped on a staple in the carpet. One room and the bathroom had the windows painted over so you couldn't see out of them. There were a few switches in the wall that did nothing. Smoking is not allowed which is good but guests were sitting right below our room constantly smoking so we had to go though their smoke to get to our room. Internet is not free but should be when you are paying over $400 a night. I will say that the people working there were nice and the light meal we had in both the beach restaurant and bar was good. This was my first visit to Point Pleasant Beach in over 40 years and will be my last.

1  Thank dbbfl

A review like this is like a knife straight though the heart. I am so sad that we did not meet this guests expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may discuss your experience. Thank you. Christina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Point Pleasant Beach
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Driftwood Motel
Driftwood Motel
#4 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!