“Refreshed, revived, re-visiting!”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Jackson, NJ
“Refreshed, revived, re-visiting!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My trip was a last minute, mid week, impromptu stay with my children aged 7 and 17...and the white sands pleased us all! Aside from the immaculate rooms, courteous service, and amenities galore, we each had our favorite parts. My 7 year old spent every moment she could muster in the heated beachfront pool which was fine by me as I read my book, took an occasional dip, and had firefly deliver our lunches to our pool lounge. My teenage son swam at the private beach, tossed a football around, and swam in the unheated outdoor pool after his boardwalk run. A teenage boy has to stay in shape after all. ~:-). Then the final night of our stay, 3 out-of-state family friends met us at beachside firefly for a sunset meal, which had an impromptu ending of poolside wine service while the kiddies watched the boardwalk fireworks from the kiddie pool.....all of us gleefully chatting as we snacked on our late night, delivered, uncle Louis G's ice cream (also on premises). There was staff everywhere, seeming to anticipate our every need and incredibly helpful when I had questions. I just never imagined that 2 short days anywhere could leave me feeling so refreshed and revived! I can't wait to go back....

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tiane2
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Tiane2! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and got the much needed rest you needed! Package goods delivery, from our Firefly Lounge at the hotel, is a new service this year. Delivery is now offered to our registered guests. I am glad that the delivery worked out in your favor. Both of your children were a delight! We will most definitely look forward to see you and your family again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Oxford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights. We were comfortable. All staff we encountered were very nice & helpful. The pool area & the pool were very nice & clean. The beach was very nice & clean. We only had lunch at the restaurant but it was great,reasonably priced,service was great. The area around the hotel was very nice & the boardwalk was close by along with several restaurants. Great family motel! One huge problem ....there was no wifi!

1 Thank GLove53
Christina Chiai... R, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi there! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the White Sands! We strive to create the perfect jersey shore experience. We do offer Hi Speed wifi. Only, in order to provide a quality service that does not drop out on our guests, we brought in an outside company. Therefore, there is a small fee to use. On the upside, we have not received one complaint regarding our substandard wifi service this season. :) We hope to see you here again soon.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Friendly service. The rooms were very clean. We loved that it was kid friendly with a kid pool. The restaurant was very good and we also loved the private beach. Easy to lug all the kids sand toys without walking a mile to the beach.

• Stayed July 2014
Loved this review! It makes our day when we have met our guests expectations. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I hope to see you again soon!
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had a good time staying at White Sands. Nice rooms, plenty of pools, and located right on the beach/boardwalk. Close enough to boardwalk activities (shops, arcades, etc) to walk and far enough away that there isn't much noise. And considering the location, it was pretty reasonably priced. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for making my morning! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We will look forward to seeing you again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First let me say the room was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. I found though that the staff did not go out of their way to accomodate you. The place was still under renovation which I know is not their fault but it kind of took away from the experience. It was not cheap. I know this area is on the expensive side but I did not feel it was worth what we paid. We were here for a friend's daughter's wedding. A couple of people had problems with check in. They only had coffee in the rooms and we had a few tea drinkers in our group. One of my friends went down to ask for tea and they handed her a couple of tea bags and said that is all they had in the place. This is minor but in my estimation for what we paid they should have had someone run out and grab a box of tea bags. Overall I have stayed at nicer places for less.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Meeting our guests expectations is very important to us. I will see about adding tea bags to the guest rooms for future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I would like to begin to tell you that we booked our wedding a year and a half ago with Teresa the previous wedding coordinator. Firefly has since then taken over and Lori and her staff were remarkable but they are completely separate entities to the resort. When my family (we have 3 children) and I arrived a few days before our wedding on July 4th 2014, before checking in, one of the owners Christina Chiai wanted to pull me aside to "talk" to me. She continued to thank me for our business and then went on to tell me that the honeyroom suite is not meant for children and to make sure we "watch" them. She also went on to explain to me that the previous wedding coordinator, who booked our wedding, costed them a ton of money and we are basically getting our wedding for free. She said that they are not even meeting their cost and our guests and ourselves are getting a huge discount on these rooms, especially when the guests are mostly staying one night for the price of $198.00. She said that they are honoring our contract but just wanted to make me aware of all of the money that they lost because of the previous wedding coordinator, and that we are getting a huge discount.Let me tell you we spent every extra dime we had on this wedding along with paying bills, kids, etc. It was by far anything but cheap or a huge discount. The room quality was ok for a honeymoon suite, the refrigerator was broken and the air conditioner only worked on low setting. Thankfully they replaced the refrigerator before the wedding. Along with that there was a one particular front desk woman who was just nasty to us. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, the wedding was beautiful thanks to Firefly catering but none of my family or friends all said they would never stay here again as well as my husband and myself.

8 Thank Lori S
Respectfully, that is not at all how our conversation went. I, too, am extremely disappointed. I simply could not do enough for this guest.

Travellers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

On the good side, most people were helpful when asking questions, when we had any issues and called the office the staff responded immediately to help solve the problem. The no smoking policy is very good for people such as us who appreciate the safety of this. Also the enforced rules about noise, or unruly behaviors is very comforting because you don't have to worry about being disturbed when you are trying to sleep or just relax. There is also a nice workout facility. The pools are lovely and the private beach is also a great feature. Also the hotel dining is great overlooking the ocean and the food menu is looked really interesting although on the down side dinner is not open on Monday night and that is when we were there so we couldn't experience it. Also on the down side we got a room for 300.00 with the tax and for the price the room was quite small. We also had some trouble with the TV Converter working it and toilet flushing which was both taken care of immediately with a phone call to office and the staff came with a smile and very good attitude. I think though all these things should be checked before we arrive because the only other thing is this hotel is a little pricey for having such a small room-Booking is also hard for people who want to come spur of the moment because this place has bookings way ahead of time.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms for size and price. The rooms in the lower price range are quite small.