“Nice Girls Getaway”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sea Spa & Salon
More attraction details
Owner description: Relax, refresh, and rejuvenate! We welcome you to Sea Spa & Salon at The White Sands Oceanfront Resort. Breathe deeply, relax and leave the rest of the world behind as we take you on a spa journey to restore your mind, body, and spirit. The Sea Spa provides every beauty need from complete hair color and cuts, LCN manicures, spa pedicures, facials, and Fantasy Tan Sunless Tanning to a relaxing massage. We specialize in Brides and Bridal Party Packages too! Use of Fitness Center, Heated Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam room, and Sauna with any Sea Spa service.The Sea Spa & Salon is located on the 2nd floor of The White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, 1205 Ocean Avenue Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey.Please call for gift certificates via US mail, great for all occasions!
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Nice Girls Getaway”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

It started as a celebration for a cousin's 40th birthday and this was the 11th year, with some coming from Connecticut & N.Carolina. We start at my home for brunch and then head to the Spa. The tecnhicians are wonderful, however the treatments are on the pricey side, but the addition of the indoor pool and jacuzzi make it great to hang out all day between treatments. We normally eat at the inhouse restaurant, however this year it was closed so took a short ride into town for some great food. After staying over we complete the trip with a walk on the georgeous Point Pleasant boardwak before heading home.

Visited November 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Great Beach and Boardwalk for kids”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We live in Bucks County, PA an drive to this beach and boardwalk about every two to three weeks for day trips. The beaches are clean and the boardwalk is fun for kids. We don't own a beach house so this 1 ride from our house is so quick. Buy your beach tags and ride tickets early in the season when they run sales. Parking can be a bit much however there are plenty of side streets with free parking. You just need to keep a look out. Last weekend some hotel near the meters was charging 30.00 to park for the day. It was a joke because most of the places were charging 10.00. You just need to drive around and look.

Visited August 2011
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxing and comfortable experience”
Reviewed 3 December 2009

My husband and I both had wonderful massages at the Sea Spa & Salon earlier this year.

Upon arrival we were directed to the treatment area, both our therapists were well trained and professional. This happened to be my husband's first time receiving a massage and the therapist made him feel extremely comfortable and relaxed - we will definitely return!!

1 Thank billka
Mahwah
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Worst spa I've ever been to”
Reviewed 8 May 2009

My friend and I were looking for a few relaxing hours during our girls weekend, so we decided to try the Sea Spa. Not the right choice. My therapist was nasty, as were the facilities. Dirty robes, old nasty changing areas, overpriced treatments, nasty stinky pool and hot tub. Skip this place.

2 Thank Daisyandlittlebear
Westfield, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The worst customer service experience ever”
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I have been to the Sea Spa a number of times. Each Christmas my father in law purchases a gift card for me so that when we come down and vacation for a week in the summer at his house I have something to enjoy. My husband and parents have started purchasing small gift cards for me as well, either for my birthday or Mother's Day. This year was no different: my father in law purchases a $40 card for me at Christmastime and my husband a $50 card for my birthday. When we went on vacation to the Jersey shore in August, I booked a facial for $120. After my facial, I went to pay and handed over my two gift cards. The young girl at the desk promptly told me the $40 card had only 90 cents left on it, in fact, she said that the card was not even mine at all! Imagine my surprise when she checked her computer and announced that another woman had used the very same card I held in my hand in February of this year. How do I have the card, then, if I received it for a gift at Christmas and had been saving it up in my house? Well, she smartly answered, people lose their gift cards all the time and other people pick them up places. Their policy, she continued, is to only issue to gift cards to people who provide their name and contact information as the purchaser, as well as the recipient name and contact information. What if I purchased a few gift cards at a time for teachers and bus drivers and lunch aides, and didn't know their names I asked? Well, they only issue gift cards that way. Again, I asked how I could I have this gift card in my hand and saved it in my house since Christmas if it had actually been used? Well, she smartly replied again, most likely I picked it up somewhere and was trying to use it. Of course, I said, I must have stolen it. And my husband must have not gotten me a card. And I must not have ever come to this spa ever lest I use a used gift card. How absurd. Surely, I said to the young girl, your computer messes up from time to time. How is it that the other person to whom this card is supposedly "registered" to was able to come into the spa and not have to show the card to use it (in fact, this is the spa policy printed on the back of all cards)? Well, the young girl replied, the person who's card I have is a regular customer. I find it interesting in this day and age that what separates people in a service industry is the quality of service they dole out to their customers. This is what makes people recommend places of service and what retains customers. Suggesting that I stole the gift card and paired it with one my husband gave me does not sound very service oriented. In fact, this young girl went so far as to call my father in law senile when I suggested that since he was 80 years old he most likely would not have been able to provide my contact information at the ready when he didn't antipicate having to do so. She also said that if he could locate the receipt for the gift card purchased nine months earlier then she would know it was my card and investigate what happened. (She later told her manager that she didn't call him senile.) Again, people in a service industry should treat customers fairly, respectfully, and be honest. Perhaps a better way to have dealt with the situation would have been to say they would investigate the situation and give me a call, not making me feel like I had to defend my status as a thief and my father in law's as senile, producing the receipt to prove I had the right to have the gift card I was given as a gift. Not once did anyone apologize for ruining my experience, or not operating from a "the customer is always right" mentality. I know I tell my kids all the time to be truthful and honest, and to be certain about what they say. For all the times we insist we are right, there is a chance we are wrong. In this instance, there are too many facts indicating that the computer system at the Sea Spa incorrectly registered another person under the gift card I had held in my hands for nine months. To insist that their system is never wrong and they have no record of my father in law purchasing a gift card is ludicrious. What if someone new worked over the holidays at their spa and issued gift cards without getting the Sea Spa appropriate information? What if a bunch of cards went unused and the numbers got randomly reassigned, which would explain why the other customer never had to show her card? There are so many what ifs, but these are the what ifs that the Sea Spa should have been brainstorming. How could we have this situation, they should have asked themselves? And how can we fix it and make the customer happy they should have asked themselves? For goodness sake, this is over $40. Are they that hard up that they will insist my father in law never purchased this card and that I stole the card to come to their spa?

4 Thank intothered