“Can't wait!”

Amethyst Beach Motel
Suffern, New York
“Can't wait!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I just made a reservation for the last week of June to visit Point Pleasant for the first time. The front desk was extremely helpful in explaining the motel amenities, location and room options as well as any misc. charges that I will see on my bill. Any reviews I read in regards to misinformation are not true. Laura was extremely patient and helpful and I can't wait to visit the Amethyst in a few weeks. I will follow up with my review after my stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shari3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Great stay, we came in the middle of the night and the lady at the front desk was welcoming and friendly, the room was clean and just the right size. The bathrooms were clean. The bed was big , clean and very comfortable. The beach was right down the street along with the nice, new rebuilt board walk to enjoy . With many sea food places for diner, and a very cute town for shopping and walking around . We will definitely be coming back to amethyst beach motel, staff was friendly and made the stay one to remember.

• Stayed June 2013
Northern NJ
Reviewed 22 May 2013

5/22/13. We stayed for the 1st time last summer. Our son has been there with his family a few times prior to 2012. We were very happy with our room, very clean & very friendly staff. We have stayed at all kinds of places down the shore for the past 35 years, and this hotel rates high in our eyes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have been taking my family to Amethyst Beach Motel for years now I take my grandchildren. One year we changed thinking we were getting a better deal but that was a hugh mistake. At Amethyst you know what you are getting consistantly year to year. I love that we can walk to the beach and Jenkinsons-we park the car in the lot and don't use it again until we leave. Bonus- the picnic area where you can grill your own food and sit at a table to eat. I am aware that many sites write their own recommendations but I am a real client and I am proud to visit and support after Sandy

Room Tip: if you are stying for a week, get the efficiency where y ou can cook all of your meals
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a great stay.  Room was clean and the staff was friendly. My son and I were in town overnight for a easily morning fishing trip. This place was perfect for us. My son wanted to stay another night. We are Looking forward to a visit later this summer when it warms up, the pool looks
so inviting.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wpleroy
New City, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2013

In March my family and I took a trip down to PPB to see if the town would be ready for this summer after the damage of Hurricane Sandy. (They will be.) We stopped into the Amethyst to make our reservations for August. As usual, we were greeted at the front desk with an outstanding welcome, especially from Ashley. What I found to be wonderful is that even though their motel sustained some damage, they thought of their community first and stayed open all winter to house people displaced from the storm. That just goes to show you that this is more than just a business to them. They provide high quality services at a reasonable price. Every time we stay there, we are treated like a member of their extended family. No request is too big or too small. They make every visit a memorable and enjoyable one. We enjoy spending time in the pool and hanging out at the motel but yet its less than a ten minute walk to the boardwalk and beach. We can't wait to come back to the Amethyst this summer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Reservations made for my summer vacation. Had to see for myself so I took a ride to Point Pleasant Beach. We booked Amethyst for our stay. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. She showed us around the facility and worked with us to hey the best rates. Can't wait for July!!

• Stayed July 2012