“LOVE THE AMETHYST!!”

Amethyst Beach Motel
New City, New York
“LOVE THE AMETHYST!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

My parents started going to the Amethyst a few years ago so last year I decided to go with them and my two young kids. At least once a week, my kids ask when we are going back! The hotel is very family-oriented, with a very friendly and helpful staff, who makes us feel like we aren't just guests but are part of their extended family. It has a heated pool that my kids love going into. They offer a continental breakfast to get us ready for a fun-filled day at the beach, which is only a parking lot away! The hotel is perfectly located and close to everything. We walk to the beach every day, and use the discounted beach passes that you can get in the office. I fully recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pequannock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

This motel is family friendly, very close to the beach and other attractions and the rooms are very comfortable.

Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

My mother and I and my 2 kids have been staying at the Amethys Beach Motel for the past 4 summer and we love it. We go every June for 4 nights. The motel offers continental breakfast in the morning (great when you have young kids), parking and heated pool. Outside, they have tables out with umbrellas and grills that you can use to make meals with. They also have lounge chairs to sun yourself on their patio. The staff is very accomodating. They offer discount rates for repeat customers and reduced priced beach badges. The location is great. It is a short work to the beach and boardwalk, you never have to use the car. You can even see the fireworks from your room on Thursday nights (a hit with my kids).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Spencerport, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

We have stayed at Amethyst the first weekend in August for 10 (or 11) years now. Staff is great at remembering preferences (such as room number) and are always glad to hear us call for our reservation. Theresa and John are very hospitable and helpful in any situation. Room is always clean and comfortable. Pool is fantastic (especially with kids). Continental breakfast to get your day going leisurely. Easy walk to food, boardwalk and beach. Park when you get there and you don't need to drive until you checkout! My son has grown up staying at Amethyst for vacation. We love this motel and can't imagine staying anywhere else.

New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

My kids and I have been going to this Motel for about 9 years now and we love it!! The kids love the pool, I love the service. It's clean and it's family owned. The family is terrific and very accomodating!!

We can walk to the boardwalk and have a great time. There is no late night partying allowed so you know you're going to get a good nights sleep. I would definitely recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

Amethyst's Beach Motel was great, me and my now wife went that their last summer for a long weekend. I really felt at home, their pool was clean and fun. Their grill sett up was good for grilling our own food. Not to mention their complimentry breakfast every morning. They also give you a discount on the beach passes. The rooms were spacious and the AC is on the money! Furthermore the BEST part of it all they are only approximately 2 blocks, thats right 2 blocks from the boardwalk/beach maybe less if memory serves me correct. This place was ~PERFECT~... We enjoyed it so much that were planning a summer 2010 getaway with more family members.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank npd_109th
Chatham, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

I would highly recommed this motel. It is conviently located and close to the boardwalk. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced. We also enjoyed the pool and patio, and the breakfast was great. The staff were family oriented ,and friendly , and very helpful. We are returning again this year!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
The Grenville
The Grenville
#1 of 1 in Bay Head
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Amethyst Beach Motel? Share your experiences!