“Three Cheers for the Staff, especially MIKE!!!”

Amethyst Beach Motel
New City, New York
“Three Cheers for the Staff, especially MIKE!!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Every time we stay at this hotel, we find something else that makes us love it even more! This time I want to compliment the excellent staff. They are always helpful, friendly and have smiles on their face. They all seem to take pride in their jobs at the Amethyst.

Someone I want to specifically mention is a staff member named Mike. He is always available for whatever assistance you may need. In addition to the Continental Breakfast, the Motel is also offering a variety of breakfast items that you can order for a small additional cost so Mike goes from Master Handyman to Master Chef in the blink of an eye. According to my kids, he makes the BEST BACON EVER!!! (We probably ordered a pound of bacon for my kids daily!).

So, Thank You Mike and the entire Staff at the Amethyst for being so wonderful. You always go over and above what is necessary to make our trip truly a "family" vacation!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Belleville, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2010

~ Great place to stay with family and friends
~ room is clean and staff is friendly
~ pool is family friendly
~ continental breakfast is free (kids love the bagels!)
~ VERY close to the beach, restaurants and rides
~ Aquarium is a cool attraction for children and adults of all ages
~ easy to get to....not far off the Garden State Parkway

chatham nj
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The staff at this motel are very friendly and accomodating. This was our first time staying at this motel. We arrived very early on our check in date and the girl said our room was available and let us check in. Not many motels do this for you. So we had 2 full day in our room. I would definitely go back and stay here again. They give you breakfast and the pool was very clean. The rooms were fine, not updated; but clean and fine for a shore motel. Very close to the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Middletown, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We just got back from our short vacation on Friday and I can not tell you enough how nice this motel turned out to be. Yes, you do have to pay $10 for parking, but if you find a spot on the street you can avoid this fee. We chose to pay to stay in the lot. We were there four days and the location is so great, that we didn't have to move our car once. We had a slight problem when we first arrived, as I had requested a room on the first floor as my husband has a medical issue which makes it difficult for him to climb stairs. We were told there was no rooms available and that our room would be on the second floor. I was annoyed but willing to take the room, when Ashley, who is a relative of the owner, came in and showed us a room on the first floor, which was a much larger room than requested, it was actually an efficiencey, gave us the room for the same price. I can not thank her enough. She went above and beyond, as well as Valerie and Michael the breakfast chef. They made our stay really enjoyable. The rooms and pool are kept very clean. Shout outs go to the cleaning crew who work incredibly hard to keep the place looking great. They also have plenty of bbq grills and tables and chairs around the other side of the pool which were not being utilized. Next time I come with family, I would definintly use these. Because it was only the two of us, we ate out every nite. Great clams, oysters and lobster near by. We ended out staying an extra nite and we were given another room at the same price, as the efficiency we stayed in was booked. I cannot thank all the staff enough for making this enjoyable time. The only suggestions from me, turn the grill area into a tiki bar, I think that would go over great and wouldn't interfere with the pool area, and add home fries to the breakfast menu......us New Yorker's like our homefries. We will be returning to this motel again in the future and I will be recommending this place to friends as well. Any questions, please contact me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2010

For the amount of money I spent I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and came with all the basic neccessities, and the location could not be better. A seven minute walk is all that separates your bed from the beach. Much more than you expect for the price!

Bayside NY
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My family and I have been going to the Amethyst for a couple of years now. This is the best resort to stay at in Pt.Pleasant. The rooms are always clean and the staff is very friendly. We have never had a problem. The kids love the breakfast in the morning and they love the short distance walk to the boardwalk as well as the pool. We look forward to spending our family vacation here. We would not stay anywhere else. It is always a fun time at the Amethyst.

stockton,nj
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Room was "cleaned" just before we got in but it wasn't clean to my standards. It was actually shabby. We also paid $200 for a Sunday night, which I thought was a bit high. The paying for parking is a joke, I mean where exactly should you park if not in their parking lot? The best though was the resort fee we were charged. With it you get discount beach passes, which you can get at any motel, access to the pool and patio, which is great if you don't mind other guests blowing cigarette smoke in your face, and the semi-complimentary breakfast, which consists of hard bagels, some muffins and coffee. We had to pay for juice for our kids. I do not recommend this to anyone who isn't used to staying in a motel you might have flopped in when you were 19, drunk and down the shore with your best girlfriends for a night or two. Eww.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thebuckstopshere, General Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
Let me apologize for the issues you raise as we understand fully. We understand you may have encountered guests who where smoking and I appreciate your criticism and have taken immediate steps to restore the no smoking signs that had been removed unknown to us on all the breakfast tables in the area by the fountain. We try and maintain a smoke free environment around the breakfast area.
Over the past several years we have actually begun offer lowered rates to accommodate the declining economy and attempted to provide a more ala carte approach to amenities such as parking and light continental breakfast. It is our belief that a reasonably low base rate, with the option if you bring a car of paying for the vehicle is a fair and equitable approach to the cost of maintaining and managing the parking lot due to our close proximity to the boardwalk without management of the parking lot it would be full of people unauthorized to be there.
We hope all who read this understand you were clearly upset by the individuals smoking compelling receipt by us of a rather nasty email which we responded to. We stand by our offer to provide you and opportunity to return with compensation for your inconvenience and a promise of a better experience.
Best regards