“great place”

Amethyst Beach Motel
oxford PA
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

me and my family visit point pleasent beach every summer and we come back to this motel everytime. the staff is very helpful and the motel is so close to everything. we are planing to return again this summer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Owego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

My husband and I have three children, two full time jobs and absolutely no time to ourselves. Amethyst Beach Motel is our little piece of heaven. We actually are able to re-gain our sanity when we stay here. The staff is remarkable and helpful with every little detail. We had everything we needed at our finger tips here. My oldest daughter learned how to swim in the beautiful pool. My children hate to leave. We all find it very relaxing-extremely family oriented, and just plain enjoyable. As a mom I strongly recommend this motel to any one with kids who is looking for the most convienent and streesfee place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
New City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

Every time we stay at this hotel, we find something else that makes us love it even more! This time I want to compliment the excellent staff. They are always helpful, friendly and have smiles on their face. They all seem to take pride in their jobs at the Amethyst.

Someone I want to specifically mention is a staff member named Mike. He is always available for whatever assistance you may need. In addition to the Continental Breakfast, the Motel is also offering a variety of breakfast items that you can order for a small additional cost so Mike goes from Master Handyman to Master Chef in the blink of an eye. According to my kids, he makes the BEST BACON EVER!!! (We probably ordered a pound of bacon for my kids daily!).

So, Thank You Mike and the entire Staff at the Amethyst for being so wonderful. You always go over and above what is necessary to make our trip truly a "family" vacation!

Belleville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

~ Great place to stay with family and friends
~ room is clean and staff is friendly
~ pool is family friendly
~ continental breakfast is free (kids love the bagels!)
~ VERY close to the beach, restaurants and rides
~ Aquarium is a cool attraction for children and adults of all ages
~ easy to get to....not far off the Garden State Parkway

chatham nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

The staff at this motel are very friendly and accomodating. This was our first time staying at this motel. We arrived very early on our check in date and the girl said our room was available and let us check in. Not many motels do this for you. So we had 2 full day in our room. I would definitely go back and stay here again. They give you breakfast and the pool was very clean. The rooms were fine, not updated; but clean and fine for a shore motel. Very close to the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

We just got back from our short vacation on Friday and I can not tell you enough how nice this motel turned out to be. Yes, you do have to pay $10 for parking, but if you find a spot on the street you can avoid this fee. We chose to pay to stay in the lot. We were there four days and the location is so great, that we didn't have to move our car once. We had a slight problem when we first arrived, as I had requested a room on the first floor as my husband has a medical issue which makes it difficult for him to climb stairs. We were told there was no rooms available and that our room would be on the second floor. I was annoyed but willing to take the room, when Ashley, who is a relative of the owner, came in and showed us a room on the first floor, which was a much larger room than requested, it was actually an efficiencey, gave us the room for the same price. I can not thank her enough. She went above and beyond, as well as Valerie and Michael the breakfast chef. They made our stay really enjoyable. The rooms and pool are kept very clean. Shout outs go to the cleaning crew who work incredibly hard to keep the place looking great. They also have plenty of bbq grills and tables and chairs around the other side of the pool which were not being utilized. Next time I come with family, I would definintly use these. Because it was only the two of us, we ate out every nite. Great clams, oysters and lobster near by. We ended out staying an extra nite and we were given another room at the same price, as the efficiency we stayed in was booked. I cannot thank all the staff enough for making this enjoyable time. The only suggestions from me, turn the grill area into a tiki bar, I think that would go over great and wouldn't interfere with the pool area, and add home fries to the breakfast menu......us New Yorker's like our homefries. We will be returning to this motel again in the future and I will be recommending this place to friends as well. Any questions, please contact me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Secaucus, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

For the amount of money I spent I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and came with all the basic neccessities, and the location could not be better. A seven minute walk is all that separates your bed from the beach. Much more than you expect for the price!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Point Pleasant Beach
The Grenville
The Grenville
#1 of 1 in Bay Head
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Amethyst Beach Motel? Share your experiences!