“Going back on their word”
Review of Dunes Motel

Dunes Motel
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Going back on their word”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

On wednesday evening my family and myself stop at the Dunes Motel, I went in and asked the price and let the young man also know we were also traveling with our little dog. I man told me that the room available was $89 a night because it only had two double beds. Because we had our dog with us they charged us an extra $40.security plus tax (that would be refuned after we checked out). This morning at check out I went over the room with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was in the condition we found it in. I found two bugs on the floor and that was it. I went in and asked for my security back and he told me that the rate was $129. and that I could look it up on the web site and we I got home I did and the room we had was $89. a night and they wrongly kept my security. It was even written on my reciept that $40 was for security. Its terrible when business run their business that way. I am very disapointed the service I recieved.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

I WAS a returning customer to the dunes but not anymore!!!! The staff is RUDE and they have BED BUGS!!!!! I posted a picture of the mattress I slept on and I am so grossed out by this situation!.. It was suppose to be a fun weekend with my girlfriends and it got interrupted when we found this infestation. We went right to Walgreens and picked up black garbage bags and packed EVERYTHING in them! So that meant no more changing outfits or feeling comfortable! And when i went to the front desk they were VERY unprofessional that it resulted in calling the cops. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN IT IS NOT SANITARY AT ALL!!!!!!!! And in response to the managers letter... There shouldn't be ANY negative reviews if this is the type of place you claim it to be but there are because it is a dump. And maybe you should do something about that instead of giving attitudes and blaming it on it being a retaliation towards some stupid charges. Also you were closed for renovations and just reopened 2 weeks ago so in that time why didn't you think to treat your BUG problem!!!!! Because whatever you did in that time off did absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank Njhsoccergrl

Travellers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Reviewed 10 June 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Worst experience ever!!!
They have BED BUGS! They also tried covering them up and changed the sheets to move new people right on in once we said we were leaving. They even changed the "no vacancy" sign back to "vacancy" after we took all our stuff and left. GROSSS!!!!!! Terrible workers and owner.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Angel98hy
North Haledon, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Do not stay here... we went for my bachelorette party and our rooms had bed bugs! the owner refused to refund us for the one night that we stayed before we had discovered them... TERRIBLE experience!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kimberly P
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I've stayed at the Dune's Motel twice. Once in the summer of 2010 and once in 2011. It's a typical shore motel - old and nothing fancy, but it's close to the beach (right across the street) and within walking distance (quite a few blocks, but doable) to the boardwalk. My friends and I like to stop at the Tiki Bar on the boardwalk for a few drinks, so having a motel within walking distance is important to us. Anyone who lives in NJ knows that shore motels are old and are nothing fancy. The Jersey shore is all about the beach, the sand and the boardwalk, Unless it rains, you're only in the motel room to sleep. The motel is certainly old and "no frills" but it's in a good location and it's clean. The rooms are not large, but they are a decent size compared to some other shore motels I've stayed in. I've seen some other reviews stating that it's dirty and there are bugs, but from my experience that is simply not true. The pool is decent and also clean. As long as this is what you're expecting, it's a good value for the price compared to other motel prices in the area. I'm giving it three stars only because I would consider it is only "average", like I said, nothing fancy or special, if that's what you are looking for.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Ossining, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was a little leery after reading some of the reviews. Before arrival I called Cisco and voiced my concerns. He told me that if I wasn't satisfied upon arrival I could cancel my reservation. I was very happy with the cleanliness if the rooms and the courteous service from Cisco and his staff. The pool was well kept and clean and right outside our door. The patio was very comfortable and we spent nights just hanging out and relaxing. The beach was right across the street, and for $8.00 a day it was awesome! We will defiantly head back to Dunes Motel next year for our girl’s weekend!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Annandfriends2011
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Me and my family wanted to take a vacation that was fun for all of us but not too costly, and we found the Dunes Motel. However, we noticed the reviews for the place and felt a bit unsure about going. The lady on the phone said that we could see if we liked the place, and if we didn't like the place, we could get a refund. So we went to the motel, and the place was actually comfortable and lively. Me and my wife decided that it wasn't like the reviews made it out to be, and we stayed. This was a great decision, for we had a lot of fun at the beach and boardwalk. The room had 2 beds, which was enough room for us, and it was nice and clean.We had great fun cooling off in the pool and earning prizes at the boardwalk, and we look forward to coming again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family