“Weekend Away with the Girls”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunes Motel

Dunes Motel
Yonkers, New York
“Weekend Away with the Girls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Went there Aug 16 to Aug 19 2013, 3 adult women, Had a great time. The staff was helpful when needed and trying to keep up with the property. Not the most eye pleasing Motel, but the rooms were clean and just what we needed. The walk to the beach was about 2 blocks but beautiful homes to see on the way. Loved the stores and had a beautiful weekend. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family and I have been guests at the Dunes Motel over the last six years of traveling to Point Pleasant (with our most recent trip being on July 21, 2013). During each stay, we have been extremely pleased with the accommodations and respectable staff. On the surface level, the Dunes Motel is not the most eye-catching; however, the aesthetic appeal should not hinder your judgment.

As mentioned previously, the accommodations are welcoming, as they include a two beds, mini-refrigerator, full bath, dresser, and television. More importantly, since the unfortunate occurrence of Hurricane Sandy, the Dunes Motel has taken the time to remodel. These renovations include the pool as well as the ground floor rooms, which now have better décor, flat screen TVs and significantly more appealing bathrooms (with larger showers).

Lastly, the owner and staff that have talked with us on a business and personal level are very helpful and friendly. There has never been one instance of disrespect or insincerity from those who have come in contact with us. Now while this not a fancy and luxurious five-star hotel, the amenities, price, and distance from the private beach (for which guests receive 50% off) are more than enough at the Dunes Motel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have been remodeled as a result of Hurricane Sandy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Josh S
new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I'm not familiar with point pleasant the hotel is not within walking distance from the boardwalk but its easy to get there and I think the beach across the street is private cause at the hotel they told me to go a few blocks down. When I pulled up I was very skeptical it maybe looked kind of dingy, I actually left my stuff in the car so I could check the room first. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean(except under the bed). The carpet and mattres looked new. I checked in during the heat wave, I had told them at the desk I didn't think the AC was working but i didn't want to switch rooms. They immediately went to fix it. The room was cooler when I returned. I think if they cleaned the outside floors with bleach or something they would have scored higher. Keep in mind every other hotel was double of what I paid.

• Stayed July 2013
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we pulled up I was a little bit nervous but the Dunes was better then I expected. The staff was friendly and the room was sufficient. While not fancy, the room was clean. The pool area was nice although it could use a good cleaning as there was some trash in the area. It was a bit of a walk to the beach but I would consider staying here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
CLOSTER
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I too read the negative reviews, while the exterior is a bit run down my room was clean. And I was pleasantly surprised when I explained that my son might be coming down for one night and I would pay for him when he arrived I was told not too worry about it there would be no charge. The housekeeping staff was fast and thorough and gave us plenty of towels. All in all it was a very nice relaxing weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bronx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We are 2 middle-aged women and achieved a relaxing stay very close to the beach....We had the pleasure of staying at the Dunes Motel on Mon 8/27 and left Wed 8/29. The staff was professional, courteous and very friendly. The owner Daisy and front desk assistant Alex were very polite and helpful, anything you asked they would accomodate. The room was recently updated and clean, it had a fridge & microwave. The pool was very nice. For the price you cannot beat it! We will definetly be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Noreenxo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed there for three days. I had lots of fun. The service was great,room was clean and the pool was cleaned daily by Alex he is a hard working guy loved it so much I went back that same month for another weekend.

• Stayed July 2012
Shore Point Motel
Shore Point Motel
#10 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Amethyst Beach Motel
Amethyst Beach Motel
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!