“What a Joke” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters

Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Try a new adventure and let Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters take you out to the open seas catching Big Bluefish and Striped Bass.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a Joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

When you go on a fishing trip you want to catch fish and when we went on our trip which was i believe April 30th we had a terrible experience. We did NOT catch any fish. The captain just drove the boat and barely ever stopped and again we did catch any fish. After a terrible trip the deckhands who were complete jerks treated us like crap as well as the captain. Don't get on this boat.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank George A
David R, Owner at Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
George,

I'm sorry your experience aboard was unsatisfactory. Not sure of the date you joined us this season, as our season opener was May 3rd, we never sailed in April 2014. If you were aboard one of the first 2 trips of the season, yes they did absolutely stink. The beginning of every season comes with many question marks. First, where are the fish? This can be very easy some years but most it's a hunting mission taken on by the whole fleet. When most of the fleet started 2 weeks before us and caught nothing. The Queen Mary opted to wait until the latest ever to start, in hopes some fish would present themselves. After the coldest winter in decades at the Jersey Shore, I knew it would take a little longer than normal. As for the riding around all day, I never understand this one? If I'm riding around, it's in search of, remember fuel costs more than $4 per gallon. I could do what many others do, go a planned distance, stop and let you catch nothing for hours. I try and find fish! If I know there is nothing why stop? Sometimes the search goes longer than others. If you ever want to know what is actually going on please read the daily fishing report, http://www.njqueenmary.com/reports.aspx take a look it's the truth. When it's good, it's good when the day stinks the report reflects the actual. I hope you will give us another try.

Thanks

Toms River
“The Best Captain and Crew in the Fleet from Atlantic Highlands to LBI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been fishing on party boats along the NJ coast for 37 years since I was 12 years old and Queen Mary's owner and Captain Dave Riback and his crew, Erik, Rick, Trevor, Dean and others, are the most professional and top notch I have ever met. These guys truly want each and every customer on the boat to catch fish, and Captain Dave and his crew do everything possible to make that happen. I started fishing on the Queen Mary 3 years ago after my boss told me how he was part of the Queen Mary crew years ago. That was Why I started fishing on the Queen, but JB, Dave, Erik and the rest of the crew are THE reason I Only fish on the Queen Mary when I want to catch bluefish and stripers. Sometimes the fish just won't bite, that's why it's called fishing and not catching, but if you want the be provided the best possible fishing experience, then the Queen Mary, it's captain and crew are the best out there. They are very personable and have great conversation and stories to offer during those moments when the fish aren't cooperating, and when they are, they hustle to get your fish in the boat. When things get really hectic with fish on all over the boat, the captain is there right along with the crew to gaff or net your fish.

Ray M

Visited November 2013
Ray,

Thanks for the kind words! Thanks for coming aboard and look forward to fishing with you again this season! Always nice when someone goes out of their way to say good not just the bad.

Thanks again,

Howell, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Time !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My 3 boys and 2 nephews had a great time and the fishing was very good. We did the afternoon Tuesday Family trip to get my nephews and younger boys started on fishing. The mates Eric, Brad and Hunter really helped out with our boys and went the extra mile to help them catch some fish. They had their hands full with a full boat and really moved around to make sure everyone was being helped. Thumbs up for a great crew. Looking forward to our next trip out soon.

Visited August 2013
David R, Owner at Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
I'm so glad you and your family had a wonderful time! Fishing is not always catching! Aboard the Queen Mary we strive to provide an enjoyable and fun family atmosphere. Working with kids and novice anglers is our crew's forte. Seeing a big smiles on faces always means we are doing our job! Hope to see you aboard again in the future

Thanks for the kind words,

Capt Dave
“Had a great time on the queen mary.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I would recommend the queen mary to my friends a family.. Thanks to capt Dave and his very helpful crew. My party and I had a blast.. & we can't wait to schedule another fun filled day on the queen mary... Thanks again guys..
From Brian Davis & friends..

Visited July 2013
David R, Owner at Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you lucked out with the weather. Most evenings this summer have been windy which makes fishing tough. You had one of the nicer evening and the fish were actually biting for a change. Hope to see ya aboard again soon!

Thanks

New Milford, New Jersey
“poor fish finder”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I was on the Queen Mary yesterday hoping to go where the stripers are, and the Capt. stayed in the Pt. Pleasant region. Everybody next to me was wondering why we did not go north to the Highlands.

I just read the fishing reports for the fleets in Atlantic Highlands and they did well with using clams. We caught few blues all day using jigs. Many people were disappointed. The 70's music played on board was killing us.

Visited May 2013
David R, Owner at Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I'm very sorry you felt I did not do my best to find you fish. Unfortunately, this Spring 2013 fishing season has been very poor overall. The month of May had many poor results, but fishing has improved in the past week or so. I did not make the 30+ mile run to where the fish were biting early in the day because the tides were not favorable. The fish had been biting only on the early morning tide that week. We would have arrived on the scene as the tide was switching and caught very little or nothing at all. The long run also gives us only one place to look. If we miss the window of opportunity then we are out of time to look another direction. When I feel we can make the run and catch lots of fish in the short time we have, I don't hesitate to go the distance. The crew and I pride ourselves on doing our best to find fish for our customers. Unfortunately, it's fishing not catching sometimes. I hope you give us another opportunity to show you a good time.