“You may not want to go anywhere else for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of TW Howells

TW Howells
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Pomona
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pennsylvania
“You may not want to go anywhere else for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was our first visit for breakfast... This restaurant is owned by the sons of Amos Howell - who formerly was a chef at Ben's Barbecue, Schruls and the Fairmount.

The sons have kept many of his recipes and the high standards that he ran his kitchens with at the forefront of this restaurant. OJ is fresh-squeezed; coffee is excellent (think it cannot be Irelands - because it is not bitter at all). We each ordered skillets - hubby got the garden skillet, I got the SOS skillet.

His was loaded with veggies and when he requested ham and jack cheese - it was no problem... I got the SOS skillet exactly as it comes with 2 over-light eggs, just the right amount of hash browns, toast & creamed, chipped-beef. Nothing very complicated - but excellent. The chipped beef was neither stiff, nor salty - just perfect.

The skillets are about $7 - $8 and substantial - we found ourselves still feeling unhungry 6 hours later. Now I am not necessarily an advocate of MORE=BETTER - in fact, that is usually not the case for me. For me is it YUMMY/DELICIOUS=BETTER.

And it was.... yummy, delicous... and more.

Next time I will try the pancakes - then tell you how they are.

• Visited October 2011