“Never Again!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pompton Plains
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Never Again!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days on a work trip and hated it! I booked through Priceline so I couldn't really cancel since it was already paid for. I guess I had the "Bridal Suite" which was discounted during my stay since the pull out bed was broken. Whatever, didn't plan on using it anyway. I'm 6'3 and the shower was beyond small for starters but I could deal. The fact that it took 4 days to fix the shower that overflowed when you used it was horrible! They wouldn't let me switch to the other Bridal Suite which wasn't occupied since my room was discounted nor to a regular room with a working shower. The room smelled like mold, I'm guessing from the stained carpert. The staff all seemed lazy about helping with any issues. Breakfast was bland, wifi slow but I didn't come for that I just needed the basics and this hotel FAILED!

• Stayed June 2014
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I apologize the facility manager was not able to fix the plumbing issue, but the breakfast is and always has been a favorite of the hotel guests. It is freshly prepared each and every day and changed up so as not to bore the guests with the same food every day. The staff is on key and make every effort to help/assist whenever possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
SE Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was on the short list of looking for hotels as I decided late to be in the area. I hesitated, but this place is a gem! Has a bar, very nice place.
You should stay here if you can!
Word of caution, they have a second floor, but no elevator.
I look forward to using this property again.
Also, staff excellent!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank You for the wonderful comments about our lounge and staff. Our rooms are clean and everyone is fully satisfied. We are located to quite a few attractions as well.
brooklyn, NY, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was excellent. Everyone was very personal & friendly, & helpful from the time we made our reservations, till the time we checked in & out. I was like visiting friends with large house & many rooms. From the staff to the Amenities, I had no complaints. My room had a full kitchen with a stove top & microwave. Because of my special needs diet I was able to store & cook my food like at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We appreciate your rave review and hopefully will see you and more guests here since this great review. Much appreciated.
CT
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here with my family to attend a religious convention at MetLife Stadium. The staff was beyond helpful, courteous, and pleasant. They have a beautiful, little bar area and restaurant that has an authentic NYC feel to it. Was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and drinks that we had there. Room was spacious (we had a full kitchen, which was a super awesome surprise!) clean, and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor pool.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Children are most surprised to see out extra large swimming pool. We keep our rooms clean and neat and we appreciate the guest noticing the same. The beds are comfortable and the service is great. We appreciate the wonderful compliments.
Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First of all I want to take this Moment To Thank the Staff for making my stay a easy and wonderful. Jackie by the front Desk Thank you for working with me thru out this Event. Room clean, Comfortable.. It really was a pleasant stay. I would stay here anytime.. Again Thank you for a beautiful Weekend!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I want to thank you for the compliments and am happy your overnight stay was all you wanted it to be. We strive for customer satisfaction and when we receive compliments, we know we are doing a wonderful job. Again thank you.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I admire this luxurious hotel and amazing staff members for their passion, flexibility and dedication and all around attentiveness. My daughter's sweet 16 was a glamorous success. I'm convinced that I will celebrate a future event here again and am very grateful to have met such a kind and caring manager Mary Antoniello. Thank you for catering to my wishes. The room, pool, and dinner was exceptional.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor suite. and take a dip in the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. We strive to give excellent service and product to all our guests and it nice to hear we are doing a terrific job. Our Manhattan lounge is also becoming a very comfortable place for people to meet and enjoy each other's company. Our pool is in full swing as well. Again thank you for the compliments for our staff.
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The 2nd floor has now been renovated - nicer then 1st floor. New carpet, curtains and bed linens. Had a room right by pool. Very loud until around 10 pm. Music blaring and people.

It is 100% non smoking but you can smell people trying to sneak it.

Some low close people stay there. Would not stay there alone as a woman.

• Stayed June 2014
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Our first floor was renovated after the second floor. We have comfortable beds and clean rooms. Our guests are very happy staying with us. We pride ourselves with our staff in every department.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompton Plains
Residence Inn Wayne
#2 of 7 in Wayne
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn

Been to Best Western Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!