“Long lines”

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long lines”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ice cream good - plenty of toppings - friendly staff
Enjoyed ice cream nice and creamy did not like the long lines to get it.

Visited September 2013

“A must have whenever I'm in Princeton!!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My stepdad introduced our family to Thomas Sweets when we moved to the Princeton area about 6 years ago and I was instantly sold! There was a line out the door so I knew it had to be something good!

Thomas Sweet has a wide variety of ice cream, frozen yogurt and toppings to blend-in. They tend to switch up some ice cream flavors too so you can get something completely different every time. And speaking of the blend-in, what a great idea! Unlike Coldstone or Maggie Moo's which use spoons to mix, Thomas Sweet uses a machine that almost looks like a soft ice cream dispenser to combine all of your ingredients. Its so simple yet takes the ice cream to a new level.

I personally love this place and now that I am no longer in the area, I try to go back there every chance I get when I am back in town! And every time I have had out of town guests, I try to bring them here for dessert and they have all loved it.

A few tips: There tends to be a long line, especially during the summer months, but the staff is almost always quick and efficient so the wait is never too bad. Also, they are typically open pretty late so you don't have to worry about rushing over here after dinner to make it in time.

There are definitely a few ice cream places in Princeton that are very good but i would always recommend Thomas Sweet!

• Visited April 2014
Newtown, Pa
“Ummm”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoy our ice cream. Lots of new places have opened in the area. We live near New Hope where there is a relatively new ice cream that is supposed to be the best. Absolutely not true. Thomas Sweet is the place even Einstein agreed.

Visited November 2013
Cambridge
“A Princeton institution”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

No visit to Princeton is complete without going to Thomas Sweet for a blend-in. It was great 25 years ago and is great today.

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great froyo”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I knew the ice cream was great but I was surprised that the frozen yogurt was so good and creamy. They have nonfat and sugar free options. Many topping choices as well. Prices were very good. I would definitely go back for more.

• Visited September 2013