“Amazing, clean, excellent service from Charmaine Williamson”

Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We arrived late at night, were tired, got lost getting here but Charmaine Williamson made our stay amazing. Charmaine gave us directions with patience and kindness and even made sure we arrived ok by calling us directly to confirm we knew how to get here...meanwhile we had just arrived. Once we arrived, Charmaine was so friendly, considerate, and warm. Charmaine was friendly with the other visitors as well. We had to find a room that had no smoke residue, as people still smoke in non-smoking rooms, and Charmaine made sure to find us a perfect room. We slept very well and were happy with the clean, neat, spacious room she gave us. In sum, Charmaine's hospitality and friendly attitude made our stay amazing. I wish all hotel staff were as kind and welcoming. We will definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank karinafhmc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Karina - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Charmaine was a big part of your stay. She is always warm, welcoming and beyond pleasant. Still, it was disheartening to read that you were unable to find the hotel so easily; however, I am so happy that Charmaine helped you find your way.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel room is clean and people are pleasant. The complimentary breakfast is somewhat limited but I wasn't expecting too much for free food really.

However, you do need to have a car in order to get in & out of this place. There is no walkway or public transportation of any kind. Even getting to the nearby restaurant is impossible without a car.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Frank - The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel needs to fire their current housekeeping staff and hire a new one I checked in last night and the room they gave me had a strong smell of Indian food. The bathroom floor was dirty with hair on and crumbs. I went back to the front desk and ask to be switched to another room because the one he gave me smelled very bad. The front desk guy was very nice and pleasant. He switched me to another room which was cleaner, however it didn't have towels. the coffee table, desk and end tables had smudges and crumbs. The stove still had a little grease and when I opened the microwave, I found a bowl of butter with spices. cups and glasses were dirty. The bed was very comfy and clean.

It's so evident that this hotel has problems with housekeeping. I read the other reviews, and they were so right about how dirty this hotel is. I wanted to give it a try anyway. I checked out the next morning and move to crown plaza hotel in Plainsboro. A budget hotel doesn't have to be dirty. I've stayed at motel 6 in another city, and it was very affordable and very clean. It seems like the manager at this hotel does not make an effort to raise the quality of cleaning standards. As far as renovations....yes, I think they've had. When you walk into the front door, the first thing you will notice is the worn out doors and dirty floors. Especially the center, where the carpet is, and the hallways smells burnt food. The front desk staff are very pleasant, and friendly. They really try to make you feel good.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank rjsyouens
Reviewed 10 August 2013

the first room I had was not good - smelled awful (probably used to be smoking room), broken chair backs, LOUD refrigerator, pots not clean and no scouring tool provided, stove burners not plugged into unit, took awhile to figure that out. Second room was fine. Wish I'd moved sooner. I did have to wash all clothes when I got home since they took on the stale odor.

Thought they should have refunded part of my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have to say - I was a little nervous about staying here. The reviews were so, so and the price was very good. I wondered if the price was low because the room was dumpy? I was PLEASANTLY surprised!! The room was clean, the staff was helpful and nice, and this had everything I needed without breaking the bank. I would definitely stay here again in the future if I were to come to this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I'm on a long-term consulting engagement in the area, and have been staying here since March - about 3 months now. Like most other reviewers, I find the place quiet, clean, and staffed by friendly, helpful people. It has almost everything a typical businessperson needs: comfortable bed, excellent water pressure, and quiet. Shortcomings include occasional outages of the hot water supply (about once every 2-3 weeks), and very low speed free internet - an obvious ploy to entice you to pay for the higher-speed option, which itself is not impressively fast. There is no exercise room, no pool. There is a small back yard with nice trees, a picnic bench, and a charcoal grill. The kitchen lacks an oven; it has only a microwave and a stovetop. The refrigerator is very good. The TV channel selection is limited, but does include the major networks, plus Showtime. The laundry room is clean, and everything works. It costs $2 to wash and $2 to dry. The staff keeps rolls of quarters available at the desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Reid M
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was recently (June 7-8) in NJ for a training seminar with three of my staff members. I had reserved three rooms at the Extended Stay back in March. When we showed up to check in, confirmation emails in hand, I was told that my rooms had been cancelled the previous night and they were currently all booked. After the man at the desk, his name was Roosevelt, punched up some stuff on the computer, he informed us that there was nothing he could do. Even though I had the emails confirming the reservations. When I asked to speak to a manager (Christine), I was told she was only available by phone but I was not allowed to speak to her on the phone. An hour later, I was told that it would be better if we just left and found another place to stay. Due to this, my staff and I missed an entire portion of our seminar. If I conducted business in this manner, I would be out of business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business