“Nice Place”

Sonesta ES Suites Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 26 May 2014

They are in the middle of a complete overhaul of all the rooms; everything from TVs to mirrors to towel rails. This will make it even better. The staff all were really service-oriented, and really extended themselves to make us comfortable.

1  Thank GWT2014
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear GWT2014, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sure are going through our first part of renovations right now and are excited to have the project complete by October. We hope you will come and stay with us to see our re-imagined property. Make it a great day. Marcel

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Princeton

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The property looks like an old apartment complex that was converted to an ES. There was work being done while we were there, I just wish we would have had the remodeled rooms. Bathroom had hair on the floor when we got there, the rest of the unit just "felt dirty". We would not walk around barefoot. Bathtub was broken as was the single stool provided in a two bedroom unit. The fridge was very loud, they were replacing appliances in other units while we were there. The beds were hard and lumpy and some staff was very unfriendly. We had to check out early.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Al A, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our first renovated suites will be complete towards the end of June, beginning of July. We are aniticpating being completely renovated by October. Our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay. It caught us a bit by surprise that you mentioned that you had to check out early as you mentioned to us that your team did not qualify for the finals part of your competition and asked us not to charge you for the 3rd night that you had booked. Anyway, best of luck with your future competitions. Make it a great day. Marcel

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been for a week or so with my mother, sister and grandmother and it has been the worst week of my life. The TVs are too old fashioned. We're in the year 2014...I do not mind that they are using satellite, but...they're using cheap TVs in each room. My TV was shut itself off at random without touching the remote. The housekeeping people are impatient. You can hear them knock at the door the 1st time, yell "JUST A MINUTE"...they end pounding on the door as if they're slumlords wanting rent!!!

One day, I took a walk to the lobby just to check out the place...a person at the front desk snapped at me "EXCUSE ME CAN I HELP YOU!?!" If I wanted help, wouldn't I have approached the front desk in the 1st place????? X-(

Now, we can only stay here one more day because they are doing renovations to all the rooms. Whilst we are staying here, they're doing work on the room above us. I've been dealing with a headache thanks to some people and their kids that were in that same room yesterday, and now...I have to deal with more noise.

All I can say is...proceed with caution when booking a reservation here. You might be better off trying elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear bigbluewall76, Thank you for your review. As we are going through renovations we are taking complete buildings down to minimize the effect on our guests. Your statement that "they" are doing work on the room above yours therefore can not be correct. If you would like to discuss feel free to call me at anytime. Thanks and make it a great day. Marcel

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay. We stop on way back from Florida. Kids enjoyed the basketball court. Rooms where clean and very big. The staff is enjoyable. It was nice to have breakfast in the morning and food was very good. We had a enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marie M, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Make it a great day. Marcel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

On a road trip from Florida to Massachusetts, my boyfriend and I stayed for one night at this hotel. The property was very quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. The suite was very large, and we had a full size kitchen, which was very nice. The hotel is also dog friendly, which is a huge plus! The complimentary breakfast is one of the best I've had in a hotel recently! I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Mya B, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next travels through Princeton. Make it a great day. Marcel

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have stayed at this property several times while visiting Princeton University, and it is our "go to" hotel on those trips. We are a family of 5 (and sometimes 7) and it is wonderful to be able to stay together in one suite; it helps with costs and with coordinating plans. The breakfast is delicious, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the kitchen is convenient, the rates are reasonable, and the customer service is excellent. We have worked directly with Carlos, and he is an exceptional person. I don't know the names of other staff, but they have all been pleasant and helpful as well. We will be visiting again at the end of this month and are looking forward to our stay. The only complaint from my family is that my kids wish it had an indoor swimming pool!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear dsharp90, Thank you for writing your review. We are excited to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your return. Make it a great day! Marcel

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My boyfriend and I were guests at this location for six and a half years because of an illness he had. We were planning to move once he got better, but he passed away unexpectedly from his illness. The Sonesta organization took over the property after his death. The people there were fantastic. After his death, I had someone checking on me everyday to see if I was alright. I received excellent service while I was at this location. They catered to my boyfriend and I as much as possible, and I really appreciate that. Marcel, Carlos, Irene, Adel, Marie, and Jeff: they all made me feel like I was part of their family. Anyone going to this location will feel very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Diane B
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Diane B, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. When guests like you stay with us for longer periods of time they become a part of our Sonesta Family so we can honestly say that we miss having you around. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the kind words. Make it a great day! Marcel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswic...
#2 of 6 in Monmouth Junction
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!