We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for a week (last week). I was torn between awarding 3 stars versus 4, but I'm awarding 4 based on potential.
Pros: The outside of the property is very nice. The courtyard and pool area is great. Our kids enjoyed swimming at the pool every day. There were plenty of chairs and towels, and it felt almost resort-like. It was very pleasant. I also liked that it was next to our building. The noise may bother some, but it was nice to be so close. It also was nice to have several grills by the pool for guest use. Again, it made it feel resort-like to grill out by the pool on a warm day. The basketball court is also a nice feature, especially for young children.
The lobby area is also nice. The free continental breakfast is great. The food was plentiful and had a good enough variety to please all of us. It's nice to be able to have eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. instead of just bread/muffins or cereal like some breakfast-included hotels.
The staff was great. Always so friendly!
The laundry room was convenient. The machines are a bit old and don't work as well as could be hoped, but it's hard to complain about free on-site laundry!
The Cons: the room and it's furnishings and appliances were old. However, the place is being remodeled, so I expect that complaint will soon be rectified. The TVs are ancient tube TVs, but there was free HBO, so that was nice. The furniture wasn't uncomfortable, just old and stained in some places. In our particular unit, the dishwasher and shower drain in one bathroom were broken, and the refrigerator leaked in one spot. Again, this will all be fixed soon, and it was something we were able to live with just fine.
Overall, I think once the remodel is finished, this hotel could be a 4-5 star establishment. I'd absolutely stay here again if we were ever in the area in the future.
The beds were comfortable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Princeton blends sophisticated, extended stay hotel surroundings with friendly service. The newly renovated hotel is easily accessible from the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Pkwy, I-95, I-295 and Princeton Junction train station. Sonesta ES Suites Princeton is just minutes away from Historic Princeton University and corporate offices. You will experience comfort and convenience with our spacious one and two bedroom suites-complete with living room and full kitchen. Dedicated work areas with free high-speed Internet access add to your productivity, and private bedrooms with phones and televisions add to your relaxation. The complimentary daily breakfast buffet features hot items, and our evening reception (featuring a light meal with beer, wine, & soft drinks) is available Tuesday - Thursday evenings. If you prefer to dine out, choose from any number of local restaurants that feature a range of cuisine and ambiance. When it's time to unwind, relax in the courtyard near our outdoor pool, workout in our fitness room, or shoot hoops on our Sport Court. Sightseeing opportunities are plentiful- we are just minutes from Princeton University and shopping, within a 1 hour drive to Philadelphia and New York, Six Flags and the Jersey Shore, and 2 hours to Atlantic City! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Princeton Staybridge Suites