“Awesome stay”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently stayed at the sonesta with our family and two dogs. It is a great hotel with an amazing staff and great people. Carlos at the front desk was awesome, one of the staff members found an item that we lost and returned it to us in no time. Overall it was a great stay and is highly recommended for a short or long stay this is the way to go.

Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Kelvin M, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are excited to read that you and your Family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next travels to the Princeton area. Make it a great day. Marcel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton for three nights we were pleased from the beginning with very friendly check in experience with Carlos. They are remodeling the hotel even the workers that were remodeling were friendly. The complimentary breakfast was one the best I have experience in various hotels that we've stayed. Never have experienced a complimentary dinner Wed and Thur which was good. I did not stay in a remodeled suite but it was clean and we were satisfied, hopefully during our next stay we will stay in the newly remodeled suites that should be finished soon.

Room Tip: If you don't have kids don't ask for first floor we did and the kids above us ran until 11:0...
1 Thank butler2006
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Butler2006, Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you on your next travels to the Princeton area. Make it a great day! Marcel
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for a week (last week). I was torn between awarding 3 stars versus 4, but I'm awarding 4 based on potential.

Pros: The outside of the property is very nice. The courtyard and pool area is great. Our kids enjoyed swimming at the pool every day. There were plenty of chairs and towels, and it felt almost resort-like. It was very pleasant. I also liked that it was next to our building. The noise may bother some, but it was nice to be so close. It also was nice to have several grills by the pool for guest use. Again, it made it feel resort-like to grill out by the pool on a warm day. The basketball court is also a nice feature, especially for young children.

The lobby area is also nice. The free continental breakfast is great. The food was plentiful and had a good enough variety to please all of us. It's nice to be able to have eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. instead of just bread/muffins or cereal like some breakfast-included hotels.

The staff was great. Always so friendly!

The laundry room was convenient. The machines are a bit old and don't work as well as could be hoped, but it's hard to complain about free on-site laundry!

The Cons: the room and it's furnishings and appliances were old. However, the place is being remodeled, so I expect that complaint will soon be rectified. The TVs are ancient tube TVs, but there was free HBO, so that was nice. The furniture wasn't uncomfortable, just old and stained in some places. In our particular unit, the dishwasher and shower drain in one bathroom were broken, and the refrigerator leaked in one spot. Again, this will all be fixed soon, and it was something we were able to live with just fine.

Overall, I think once the remodel is finished, this hotel could be a 4-5 star establishment. I'd absolutely stay here again if we were ever in the area in the future.

The beds were comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear krisanderin, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come and check out our renovated suites as we are scheduled to be completely done by October of this year. Make it a great day. Marcel
Princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We absolutely loved staying here. The staff were very helpful and friendly! Everything was very clean! They were doing some remodeling and even the workers were nice. I was never inconvenienced by them working in the area. Very nice continental+ breakfast. Much more than expected! The bed was SO comfy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Karen A, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to your return so you can check out the new suites. Make it a great day! Marcel
Fullerton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked this hotel for graduation and a place for the family to hang in between events and it worked out perfectly. The kitchen was a real asset when the restaurants were busy or just wanted a quick meal.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

1 Thank Melissa R
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Melissa R, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Congrats on your graduation and we hope to see you again for the reunions that will follow in the years to come. Make it a great day! Marcel
Plainfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I booked with this hotel for my son's graduation from Princeton University. I usually book at different extended stay hotels but due to Princeton Reunion and graduation they were booked a year in advance. I decided to give them a shot. I checked the site, the reviews and booked 2 rooms, a 1 bedroom (711) and a 2 bedroom trio (911). First I must say that they are quite accommodating. I arrived 3 hours before check in and was able to check into my rooms. It is true that they are in the middle of remodeling and there are painters, exterminators, etc but I was not at all bothered by this. The staff at the front desk, the breakfast staff and housekeeping are all very pleasant and friendly. I did have a few issues while I was there, some no fault of the hotel staff. Initially, after check in I arrived at my mother's room (711) and it was not remodeled, the TV's were not updated, the furniture needed replacement but it was clean, light and airy which was acceptable. When I arrived in my trio unit I must say that I was disappointed in the condition of the furnishings specially the couch which was stained and worn. The kitchen table was tilted with only one chair which was split. I did ask if there was anything else available and was immediately accommodated and show 2 more trios but they were not in close proximity to my mother's room so I decided to suck it up and make due with the first room. I left to get my family and when I returned my room had been freshened up. I covered the couch and chair with king size sheets and a table cloth for the table since I would be entertaining family after the graduation the following day. The following day after the ceremony all family came back to the trio and it was more than enough space for the 9 people. A few things that other extended stay hotels have that this one didn't would make it so much more comfortable. All beds in the trio were doubles, there were no queens. There was no dish detergent or dishwashing tabs for the dish washer. There were limited pans, no potholders so we had to use the dish towels to get our food out of the oven. I think what is missing is the small touches that people overlook because of time. The split in the kitchen chair would have taken 3 stitches to close, the dusting, cleaning stains on the couch after each checkout, I could tell that my toilet paper had been wet and dried which should have been thrown out etc. The worst issue was the neighbors above me. Their children were out of control and were jumping, stomping, riding scooters and leaving them at the bottom of the steps or in front of my door. I had to call the office but it did not make much difference. My mother said she had the same issue the night before. While checking out I was told that the parents of those children were talked to that morning so I am not sure if anyone spoke to them after I called the night before. There should be a rule that parents with young children should be placed on the first floor not over anyone. Would I return? Yes, after the remodel and stay in a new unit with a queen size bed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the parking lot, the rooms facing the recreation area & pool can get no...
1 Thank Kim P
Dear Kim P, Thank you for your review. We are glad you noticed that we are undergoing renovations and we hope to see you again soon to check out our new product. Make it a great day! Marcel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Princeton Sonesta for 6 months (December 2013 to May 2014) while our house was being renovated. All of the staff treated us great - from Carlos and Irene at the front desk, Magdelena in the dining room to JJ and Nick in maintenance. I would definitely go back and recommend it to family and friends looking for an local hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jenfable
Dear Jenfable, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us with your Family. We hope to see you again soon as we know you missed out on our pool season. Make it a great day! Marcel