Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Tennessee
“Good”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Clean room, spacious. Never used the kitchen, but looked to be stocked with everything I might need. Tastefully decorated, comfortable bed/pillow/sheets. A/C worked well. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water.Nice complimentary breakfast each day. Here on business for many days and this room was booked for me. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Residence Inn suites do tend to be rather similar from place to place - and this is no bad thing, really - and so it is with the one at the Princeton Carnegie Center. My suite was large and well appointed, with a kitchen, living area and bedroom radiating away from each other, and a sink/washroom area and a bathroom. There is Wifi in the room and a large flat-screen TV to keep me connected with the outside world. In fact, I had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. My only criticism with the room was the air conditioner. Instead of staying continuously at a reasonable level it would kick in with great gusto every 20 minutes or so, and this went on right through the night (and the vent is right across from the bed).

Apart from my chilling room experience, I was very happy with the Residence Inn overall. The staff were friendly and very helpful. There is a little shop behind reception where you can get a few items you may have forgotten. The breakfast area is clean and spacious, and the breakfast food is very good (and includes the hot variety), and in the evenings there are snacks to fill you up. Chicken wings and pizza were on offer on the two nights that I was there. There is also a free shuttle that can take you to and from your Princeton office. Lastly, there are a number of great restaurants (including PF Chang's, Big Fish and Macaroni Grill) just a few steps away.

I stayed here because the Hyatt Place next door was full, but I am sure I will try this place again next time I visit the Princeton area.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the Hyatt Place for a quieter aspect.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
washington, va
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our unique experience of hearing several world class authors at the University was enhanced by comfortable accommodations at the Residence Inn. The stay was perfect, thanks to the very peaceful location, clean and spacious rooms, decent rates, and friendly staff. Worth separate mention, buffet breakfast offered good choices--quite a contrast with the unsatisfactory (but cost-saving?) new system which is now in place at the Marriott Courtyards...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trimardWashington_Va
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My entire stay at the Residence Inn was great. That is, until I checked out. I left a clothing item behind in the closet, hanging. I called immediately that night as soon as I realized I left it in the closet. I also followed up a few more times, but each time I spoke to a different person and was told "nothing was found." There is nothing more they can do. It was not a phone charger, or an earring. It was a full item of clothing, hanging up in the closet. This item has sentimental value and was not cheap. Tell me, how is it possible that an entire piece of clothing just disappeared? No one seems to care, and I understand that it is my fault for leaving it. But come on, please just look in the closet? At this point I have to say it was either stolen or thrown away. And that is a shame, because it ruined my entire stay. I travel every week on business, and I am saddened that I did not receive better customer service. If you stay, make sure you get all of your important items. Check three times, otherwise you may not ever see them again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
New Jersey, usa
Reviewed 28 December 2012

In a four week interim between selling our old house and moving into the new one, we stayed at this extended stay hotel. It had everything that we could possibly want in order to make this time comfortable and convenient. I would highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn Princeton Carnegie Center.

If we wanted to stay in to eat, the well equipped kitchen had everything we needed to make a complete meal. Or during the week, the complimentary light dinners served in the social room were very tasty and satisfying. If we wanted to go out to eat, there were many restaurants within walking distance. Shopping at the MarketFare Mall is also within walking distance, along with movie theaters and a wonderful Barnes and Noble bookstore. The breakfasts were varied and something we looked forward to.

The staff was courteous and helpful and our suite was kept spotless. My wife liked the place so much that she wanted to stay longer, even when our new home was ready to move into. Highly reccommended !

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room just in case someone with a bunch of kids move in above,
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim W
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed 1 night at the Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center in Nov. 2012. I had a 1 bedroom suite that was very spacious and very comfortable. There was a smaill fully equiped kitchen, they even left a bag of microwave popcorn for the guest to use. There was also a little container of individually wrapped jelly bellys, very cute and homey touches. A flat screen TV in both the living and bedrooms with a lot of cable channels, one of the best line ups I ever saw. Only a couple of minor negatives, it was a little expensive, the fan in the bathroom was obnoxously loud and the walls and ceilings were a little on the thin side. The check in staff was very friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable and convienent place to spread out in the area I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am a Marriott loyal customer, so I always search for Marriott hotels when traveling for business. This was my first time to Princeton and the client had this hotel on their list of suggestions. I immediately chose this one and am so glad I did! It is a very convenient location to the many businesses operating in Carnegie Center and the staff is always accommodating. The available shuttle service, morning and night, is greatly appreciated as I opted to not have a car. The choices for breakfast are great and you can choose something healthy or something...well...less than healthy. The evening social hours are great and save me from going out and searching for dinner. I will continue to stay here as long as I have business in Princeton!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business