“Nice choice in Princeton”

Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My GPS was not able to locate the hotel (and I drove past it). It was late after the snow/ice storm and the hotel sits a little inside and I missed it. I called up the hotel and the staff provided an alternate address that broght me right to the hotel. Staff were very courteous. The there is a little kitchenette with a cooktop and m/w and fridge. it was well stocked with plates and cutlery useful if you plan to stay a couple of nights and eat in vs out. They have a happy hour M-W and some weeks till Friday. I missed it, but seemed interesting like fajita night etc. Breakfast is complimentary. Must be renovated as my room was comfy, clean, as was the lounge/dining area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelGMRICC R, General Manager at Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments! Please accept my apologies that your arrival experience wasn't pleasant. I am glad one of our associates was able to assist you.

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to the Princeton area, we appreciate your business!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The A/C was very loud and came up like a train in the middle of the night. It made sleeping really difficult. The fan in the bathroom has no separate controls, so it starts whenever you turn on the light. You can hear its loud noise even when taking a shower.

The location, services, breakfast, etc was really good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelManagerRICC, Manager at Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We at the Residence Inn Princeton @ Carnegie Center want to apologize that your recent stay with us was not up to your and our standards. We thank you for your comments as it helps us better our hotel. We hope in the future, if you stay with us, it will be a better experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here second time in Sep '13 and they have done some renovation. So if you visited the place in early 2012, it's altogether a new experience now. My room was very close to serviced apartment. Services were really good. There is a gym and swimming pool as well. Breakfast is complimentary. Few good eating places such as PF Chang, On the Border are right next to it. If you do not have a car, there is a bus stop at a 2 mins walking distance. Princeton University and downtown Princeton are very close by. Even the Princeton junction is 15 mins drive. The only thing I did not like was right in front of Hotel is highway, so you cannot walk a lot.

Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank prashant_iitr
Reviewed 2 January 2014

There a lot of "iffy" hotels along Route 1 in this part of NJ. This Residence in made a great home for me on many occasions over the past several months. It seems to be a fairly new property and my rooms were always well maintained. The staff was always very friendly towards me and addressed me by name at first sight after my first couple of visits.

There is a nice shopping mall you can walk to across the street with a Barnes & Noble and a nice movie theater - so there are some options for killing time in the evenings. There is a PF Chang, On The Border, and Big Fish restaurants next door. It is also a convenient short drive into downtown Princeton for the nicer local restaurants and pubs. The Raritan River Canal Path is adjacent to the hotel, and that is a nice path to run or walk on if you're looking for some outdoor exercise.

They also have a complimentary breakfast with some simple hot food options.

This is my go-to spot when I am in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is secluded from the main road so any room is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Spiderquadrifoglio
Reviewed 10 October 2013

"I'd go back" is my way of giving this hotel a thumb's up. The hotel was clean, neat and free from undesirable odors. The bed was comfortable and cozy. The sofa in the 'living room' made it easy to socialize with friends staying at the same hotel. We were able to prepare hot snacks and had adequate ice and access to a refrigerator. The breakfast was great: lots of choices --those I selected were delicious. All this and easy access to the Princeton campus. Next time I visit the college, I'll be sure to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, quiet, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have been going to Princeton for so many years and stayed at so many hotels but not this Marriot. It is very close to Alexander drive which gets you to Princeton University and Nassau Street in about 5 minutes. The property is very clean and after a quick change of room from one near the elevators to another one away from them we had no problem with the elevator noise or any kind of noise. Their breakfast is included and it had several items. Our suite had a kitchen and our room was very comfortable. So many choices for restaurants right at the Market Fair behind the hotel, also on route 1 and on Nassau Street.

Changing our room was easy and was handled very professionally. Lots of free parking also available

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and their noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

After staying at the Westin, the Hampton and now the Residence Inn, this is now my hotel of choice for Princeton visits. I've stayed here for 9 days and valued several features...it's a reliable Residence property and all that comes with Marriott reliability, the location near MarketFair and the restaurants is great, it's one exit down from Whole Foods to get to more "dining in" options. You can also get to Princeton without battling U.S. 1 by taking the back road to Alexander. Last but not least for me is that you can get to a beautiful run along the canal very easily.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is noisy, bring ear plugs. Stay away from the elevators as the chime is very loud...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family