“Nice for long stay”

Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice location and close to the PF Chang's and On the Border. The service was good, rooms clean and staff friendly. As it is located in the Mercer mall, there are quite a few options for shopping also. Enjoyed spending evenings at Barnes & Noble.

The breakfast menu was also good and not just basic like that served in some extended stay hotels. I would definitely like to stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Was very hard to find on the GPS like a previous reviewer stated, but once you do arrive I must say I am very impressed. Very nice staff, and from what I was told much better than the residence inn down the street. Walking distance to plenty of restaurants. Clean room. Mine even had a fireplace. Would absolutely recommend and would stay at this location again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Would I stay here again? Yes, absolutely.

The hotel was a little tricky to find. It's in the shopping center - get in there and you can find it.

Once I found it, the girl at the desk was terrific. I asked if there was food within walking distance and she knew all 8 or so places. The service was all around excellent.

The room was great. Big, roomy (like a Residence Inn should be). The bed was so comfortable, I could have slept for a lot longer. The bathroom exhaust was loud, but I was just happy to have the fan in there - so many places just skip the fan!

The workout room was nice - a few free weights, a solid treadmill, etc.

Breakfast was pretty good.

Again, if you're looking for a place in Princeton, this is it.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Title says it all. Stayed here because of convenient location while traveling on business. Typical REs Inn format. Very skimpy evening food. Cold tacos the night I was there and some iceberg lettuce that they called a salad. Room was very good. Front desk cold and formal college kids.

Very good fitness room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelFDRCII, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the Princeton area. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My GPS was not able to locate the hotel (and I drove past it). It was late after the snow/ice storm and the hotel sits a little inside and I missed it. I called up the hotel and the staff provided an alternate address that broght me right to the hotel. Staff were very courteous. The there is a little kitchenette with a cooktop and m/w and fridge. it was well stocked with plates and cutlery useful if you plan to stay a couple of nights and eat in vs out. They have a happy hour M-W and some weeks till Friday. I missed it, but seemed interesting like fajita night etc. Breakfast is complimentary. Must be renovated as my room was comfy, clean, as was the lounge/dining area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelGMRICC R, General Manager at Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments! Please accept my apologies that your arrival experience wasn't pleasant. I am glad one of our associates was able to assist you.

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to the Princeton area, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The A/C was very loud and came up like a train in the middle of the night. It made sleeping really difficult. The fan in the bathroom has no separate controls, so it starts whenever you turn on the light. You can hear its loud noise even when taking a shower.

The location, services, breakfast, etc was really good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelManagerRICC, Manager at Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We at the Residence Inn Princeton @ Carnegie Center want to apologize that your recent stay with us was not up to your and our standards. We thank you for your comments as it helps us better our hotel. We hope in the future, if you stay with us, it will be a better experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here second time in Sep '13 and they have done some renovation. So if you visited the place in early 2012, it's altogether a new experience now. My room was very close to serviced apartment. Services were really good. There is a gym and swimming pool as well. Breakfast is complimentary. Few good eating places such as PF Chang, On the Border are right next to it. If you do not have a car, there is a bus stop at a 2 mins walking distance. Princeton University and downtown Princeton are very close by. Even the Princeton junction is 15 mins drive. The only thing I did not like was right in front of Hotel is highway, so you cannot walk a lot.

Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business