“Great stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Chauncey Conference Center for a 4-day conference and it was really nice to see smiling faces each day. The grounds are beautiful! The availability of food was good and the servers were extra nice! They really enjoy their work and were so polite. Room service was fast and the portions were huge. The workers at the front desk took care of all of our needs and answered our questions.. Suggestion: Book the shuttle early during your trip. We especially enjoyed the shuttle service after the conference to various points while in Princeton. The gold star goes to Tulio, our shuttle driver, that not only took us to the locations, but provided us with a rich history of Princeton. Tulio is a gem and was a very important piece in the overall satisfaction of our conference visit. The staff at the Chauncey is doing a great job and we will return and recommend it to others without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor with a balcony to the grounds provide you with a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a great location. The grounds were amazing, the staff kind and courteous, and the room was excellent. I normally do not sleep in hotel rooms but here I slept for a good eight hours. Very nice and well worth the modest cost.

Room Tip: upper rooms are quieter
Green Features: superior with nice amenties and an environmentally friendly practices.
1 Thank gussohn
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was in the area for work and used the Hotwire deal finder tool and was given a reservation at this gem. It is a little far out there, but because of this it's very quiet. The gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful. After check-in I went to my room to find that it was the nicest hotel room that I've stayed in for a long time. It had a Kuerig with multiple coffee choices, very nice flatscreen TV, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. It even had pillows that I didn't use, and I use a lot of pillows.
Very clean room, great staff, high quality bathroom. Couldn't ask for more. I just wish I had stayed longer!

Green Features: They use sustainable bathroom products and only wash towels and sheets as needed.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I didn't know this place even existed. I was there for the union of my dear friends daughter. It was so beautiful. When I walked in I was greeted by the manager. It was such a delight. She was so personable and directed us to the reception desk, she then noticed the agent busy and ran around the desk and checked us into our hotel room. When we entered our room it was so gorgeous. We ordered a king but it seemed as if we got a mini suite. The room was so clean and the bed was so comfortable. The wedding itself was out by the gazebo overlooking the lake and the reception was just so much fun. The waitstaff was so personable and so professional. The food was delicious. The best treat was the breakfast buffet. It was so much more then we expected. The staff is so friendly. I look forward to visiting again

• Stayed September 2013
Clinton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a lovely site for a wedding and reception. Reception food was delicious and service was great. We stayed overnight after the reception which was very convenient. The bed was big and comfortable. AC noisy. Excellent breakfast buffet. Everyone on the staff was really friendly and efficient. Only person not quite up to speed was the afternoon lounge bartender who couldn't remember to fill drink requests.

Green Features: Offers food credit incentive to reuse towels for multiple night stays.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I walked into the hotel after a long journey and was greeted at the front desk by two miserable women one of whom couldn't even be bothered to stand up straight and welcome me. She was leaning on the desk supported on her elbow. She never stood up! I was disgusted to find out later that she was standing next to her supervisor. Every time I dealt with the front desk, I was met with the same unfriendly service. I was also denied the use of the hotel shuttle into Princeton even though it was parked out front and the driver was free. The hotel's saving grace is the wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable Tullio Nieman, the concierge/shuttle driver. He was my go-to-person for everything and he went above and beyond his duties.
My suggestion to the front desk manager and general manager is; GET TULLIO NIEMAN TO TRAIN YOUR FRONT DESK STAFF OR GET RID OF THEM ALL! They spoil the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't ask the front desk!
Green Features: Didn't see any but you can read about them on their website.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank molly s
Montague
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Many staff members of the Chauncey Conference Center clearly reach out to guests and are as helpful as they can possibly be, especially housekeeping and restaurant staff. Thanks to all of those people. It would have been quite a negative experience if these staff members had not been so gracious. However, some were not. My room was paid for by the organization that organized the conference and I was told that I had a late check out. However, I was locked out of my room at 12:30am. I inquired at the desk, and it was clear that I was imposing on all and unreasonable to not have checked out earlier. On check in, the staff member was polite, but I arrived very late due to weather problems at the airport, no food was available and another guest could not even get a tube of toothpaste. I then went to a room in which the fan on the heating cooling system was so terribly loud that I turned it off. The room amenities were okay. I think that in my extensive travel experience, gracious and kind staff can overcome any number of physical and operational shortcomings. This was not consistent enough at Chauncey to be the case. I hope that I do not have to return. And my apologies to those who were so kind, as I don't want to misrepresent them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business