“nice extras”

Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Besides being conveniently located close to Princeton, this hotel offered complimentary breakfast AND dinner during the work week. The lounge was a nice place to meet other guests and share stories. The staff was ultra friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron97080

Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are a scientist visiting IAS and princeton (and if you are not among those lucky ones with institute housing) then I strongly recommend this hotel. This hotels has wonderful breakfast and a very good shuttle service (that compensates the location problem very well). The staffs are very kind and like a big family. The hotel also has amazing hidden surprise that blew my mind. Since the hotel website does not reveal it online, I will keep the secret :) I will definitely come back for more!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Seung Yeop L
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Have stayed at Hampton's before and as expected the stay was enjoyable. Hampton Inn stays are consistently the same wherever I have stayed throughout the U.S. Always clean, pleasant staff, good accommodations and this stay was no different.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you are visiting Princeton and have a car, this seems to be the best value. Accommodations are fine, cleanliness is good. My only complaint is that the breakfast was really not good. Except for the oatmeal and waffles, the eggs and potatoes were prefab and pretty much inedible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I asked for a quiet room here, and that's what I was given. The room was decent-sized, with a microwave and a mini-fridge. The bed was comfy and I appreciated the large work desk, which I used to cut up a pan of bar cookies (it's OK; I brought a cutting board so I didn't scratch any surfaces). The front desk staffers were all polite, but I got a blank stare or two from a couple of the housekeeping staff when I smiled and wished them a good morning. Not a big deal. I didn't try the fitness room and the pool was closed for the season. I also didn't try the breakfast in the morning, so I can't comment on that. Parking spaces are plentiful.

I stayed here the same night as a traveling sports team, so there were a good many young women of high school or college age in the hotel. If I had any concerns about noise, they were needless, as I slept quite well (and I'm a light sleeper). I'm in Princeton fairly often, and I'll certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I tried the Hampton Inn in Princeton for a number of reasons. You can get Hilton Honors points. Monday through Thursday they serve breakfast AND dinner. I don't know if I am supposed to mention this, but they also have beer and wine. (Free!) Yes you read this correctly!!!! I don't drink anything except black coffee...and lost 12 pounds since July. :)

I checked in at 6am. Front desk employee John was very helpful. In addition breakfast was great! Morning hostesses Latanya, Regina & Arlene exemplified service with a smile. Dinner was equally great because the food tasted homecooked and was delicious.

Getting back to the awesome Hampton perks...They also provide a free shuttle (the shuttle drivers were VERY NICE) to destinations in Princeton. The Hampton Inn is competitively priced with the other hotels in the area & offer so much! But you get more bang for the buck!!! The hotel where my convention was, offered nothing, so it was a WIN-WIN for me to stay at the Hampton Inn. Because I have Hilton Honors, I was able to get some yummy snacks when I checked in. (There goes my diet!) Also did I mention the free Internet for room guests? I was also pleasantly surprised to see a fitness room which I used. The manager Scott Fisher greeted me at dinner and was very customer service oriented.

My room was also great! It was beautiful, clean & comfortable. I fell asleep immediately...

This is the hotel you should stay at when you are in this area. I recommend it very highly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda5000
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while we visited Princeton University. Hotel was clean and close to all. Breakfast buffet was fresh and hot nothing spectacular but good. Bed was very comfortable. Mention you are visiting Princeton University for a discount.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family