Inn at Glencairn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nassau Inn(Princeton)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bbreakfast was delicioushomemade cookiescommon roomtour of the propertydelicious homebed and breakfastcomplimentary winehistoric housegreat roommodern comfortsprinceton arearomantic getawayother guestscommon areasfrench toasta wonderful place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2006

Inn at Glencairn, Princeton, New Jersey
September 8, 9, 2006

As a 30-year rowing veteran, I participated in the FISA Masters World Rowing Championships, September 7 to 10, (Masters B, C, and D single races) held on Mercer Lake, Mercer Lake County, Princeton, N.J. My stay brought back fond memories of visiting my fraternal twin brother, Robert MacFarlane, who graduated from Princeton University (A.B. Hons.) in political economy, June 1977.

With my colleague, David, we enjoyed our stay at Inn at Glencairn. The heritage atmosphere was wonderful, our room had all the amenities. The warmth and friendly greeting made us feel that we were home. Your breakfast was delicious, especially the "smoothie", a flavourful breakfast beverage. We could also bring our own wine to nearby Lawrenceville for dinner and wine was also available at the Inn.

We met some very interesting fellow guests as well and this also added to our vacation enjoyment, something you probably would not experience at a large hotel. I wish that we had more time to stay at the Inn at Glencairn. I would highly recommend it as a beautiful place to stay.

Richard MacFarlane
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hanlan Boat Club (rowing)

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank VeteranOarsman
New York, NY
Reviewed 28 June 2006

Rarely do I take the time to write a review, but a recent trip to Princeton and specifically, the Inn at Glencairn certainly warrants it! Everything was lovely from beginning to end. The Inn itself is a beautiful historic structure which is bathed in warm, peaceful tones. If you are travelling on business or for pleasure I recommend planning to spend at least a little time just enjoying the Inn - whether reading a newspaper in the parlor or snacking on wine and cheese in the afternoon. I really enjoyed just soaking in the atmosphere. My room was lovely and inviting - nice touchs such as fresh flowers and fresh robes complimented modern conveniences (flat screen televisions and wireless internet access). The breakfast was wonderful - served on china in the dining room - complete with smoothie, fresh fruit and "stuffed french toast" the day I was there. Filling and delicious. The Innkeeper, Bob, was very helpful and truly a gentleman. I can't say enough nice things, but if you need to stay in Princeton I would highly recommend staying at the Inn at Glencairn.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2006

The Inn at Gelncairn unexpectedly turned our weekend in Princeton into a romantic getaway! This lovely place combines all the best aspects of a B&B and an inn. As you would expect at an excellent B&B, the breakfast was delicious, and wine, other beverages, freshly baked cookies, and crackers and cheese were available at any time for snacking. Unlike most B&B's, though, this inn had lots of privacy in public spaces as well as nicely decorated rooms with quality furniture, high threadcount sheets, Frette bathrobes, and decent bath products. I felt very much at home and pampered at the same time. This is the best B&B I've ever stayed in and the equal of the high quality inns I usually choose for weekend getaways. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
philadelphia
Reviewed 24 June 2006

The Inn was lovely, Bob was great but the Breakfasts were awful

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 1 July 2006

I am glad that you loved the Inn and thought Bob was great, but I am very surprised to learn that you were unhappy with your breakfast. Previous reviewers have described our breakfasts as impeccable, gastronomically perfect, and delicious. We endeavor to use only the freshest and finest ingredients available and have never received a complaint regarding our breakfasts. If there was something not to your liking, I wish you would have brought it to our attention during your stay, as it is our policy to satisfy our guests, if at all possible.

Reviewed 30 May 2006

Truly a dream come true. The Inn at Glencairn is located in Princeton, NJ, in a picturesque peaceful setting just 4-5 minutes from the the Princeton University Campus, the center of town, the Lawreceville School, the Hun School, and access to Route 1, all the Route 95's, and Route 206.

By the way, I sometimes combine my Princeton trips while visiting my mother (who lives in an assisted living facility in Princeton) with a jaunt into the City. Manhattan, that is. I can jump on the train from Princeton and be in the City in about an hour! Hey, all you City people, take the subway to Penn Station, buy a ticket to Princeton or to Princeton Junction, hop a cab, and you're in! ......at the Inn! Believe me you won't be disappointed. This place is perfect, amazing, I'll never stay anywhere else from now on.

I used to stay at the Nassau Inn and Doral Forrestal Conference Center (now the Marriott) during my monthly visits to Princeton but recently discovered accommodations far superior in every aspect at the Inn at Glencairn. Rather than stay in a "cement coffin" (the typical corporate rooms in hotels and motels, and BTW I've been spoiled by the finest such as the Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton). I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The Inn at Glencairn is now my formal home away from home. I never think twice about booking on-line at InnAtGlencairn for my weekend stays normally lasting 2-3 nights at a time. It couldn't be any easier to make plans and know that you'll always enjoy your stay.

This is my forth or fifth time now staying at the Inn and I'm never disappointed, always impressed. My expectations are always exceeded by the kind and professional hospitality extended to me and the other guests by the fine Inn Keeper Bob Riggs, who I discovered after a few visits is nationally renowned for his expertise in the industry. Each morning the guests are treated to an extravagant gourmet breakfast professionally prepared fresh each day by the Inn Keeper offering fresh fruits, fruit smoothies, a variety of gourmet coffees and teas, and a visually and gastronomically perfect main course which is varied daily.

The rooms are ample, tastefully decorator furnished, in mint condition, having just been museum-quality restored after years of pains-taking restoration of this quaint and homey historic structure. Everything appears to brand-new, fresh, clean, and the guests are pampered by such amenities as Frette robes, flat-screen TV's, state of the art digital heating and air-conditioning for each room, private baths with designer soaps and shampoos.

The overall category of accommodation I consider to be four-star five-diamond, tasteful, luxurious, and most importantly a home-style personalized level of hospitality by the full-time live-in Inn Keeper.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the Inn at Glencairn in any way and you are welcome to call me on my home phone (609) 399-1384, or email me at Ocean City@mac.com to hear me rave about this incredible Inn. It must sound as if I own the place or something, but believe me I can be as harsh as I am commending and I can honestly recommend the Inn at Glencairn to any of my friends, family, and business colleagues with the knowledge that they could not possibly be disappointed in any way.

John Hay