“Perfect Night? I think So!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Lafayette, Indiana
“Perfect Night? I think So!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Here's what a family of 4 is looking for, a good clean room in a quiet hotel for a reasonable price. This property was just that, we enjoyed our free meal that night and complimentary breakfast that morning. Staff was friendly and courteous. 1 Bedroom King Suite was spacious and well appointed. We used the onsite laundry to catch up on dirty clothes and it was great. Pool and spa area were well kept, clean and modern. A few pool toys were left for our kids to enjoy!

Room Tip: Hotel is spread out so get a room close to an entry door!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank IamSiriS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I should have written this earlier because I stayed end of October 2011. I was impressed with the hospitality and service: most important for me was the shuttle service particularly because we had a sudden snowstorm during my stay. I agree that pool could be warmer. Also the fire alarm went off and I was told that did happen with some frequency. However overall I would stay there again based on the kindness of the staff, and the comfortable atmosphere. As a matter of fact I will be staying there again in the Spring.

Room Tip: Tell the staff ahead of time you would like a quiet room
2 Thank Yvonne P
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have been staying here for several weeks while working in the area and the staff is always very helpful and eager to provide the small comforts that distinguish a "place to stay" from a hotel. David in the breakfast area is a pleasure as is Wyatt on the desk in the evenings. Thanks for sevral great stays

Room Tip: The two room suites are great.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert S
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Lots of places on US 1 to stay, so decided to give this one a try. Very nice property and got upgrated to a 2 bedroom suite. Too bad I was by myself ;-)

Would certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ralph W
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I brought my kids for a weekend getaway. The hottub was luke warm, the pool was ICE cold.
Everything else at this place was great, but, my kids love to swim and use the hot tub.

I've stayed at this place several times, but can no longer stay because the pool and hot tub are sub standard. All they have to do is have the pool and hot tub warmer and this would be a great place.

They need to pay more attention to detail here....

2 Thank Gary2373
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Overall a nice place to stay in Princeton. Breakfast and dinner are right on time, rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and staff are friendly.

Only issues I have had at this property (not from most recent stay) were that the hot water to building went down in two occasions, right when I needed to shower. This problem seems to have been remedied.

I will be staying here again on business travel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Oscar_T_Mike
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

This hotel is very nice, also for families. Friendly staff, clean and so convenient with a suite with a good kitchen when traveling with kids. A good breakfast and they serve dinner monday to thursday (which we never tried, though).
It has an indoor pool which was fun for our 2 year-old.
It takes about 10 minutes with car to central Princeton, which is a very cute downtown where our daughter could run around in the university area.
We also took the train to Manhattan one day, which we can recommend! 10 minutes with car to the trainstation and then about 1 hour with train to Penn station , NYC. However, if you want to get a parking spot at the train station, you need to be there eraly, before 8AM. Parking costs $5 per day. The staff at the hotel offered us a shuttle (free of charge) if we needed it, however.
Many shopping opportunities if your drive about 30 min from the hotel (at least 3 outlet malls, and many differende shopping malls).
We highly recommend this hotel!!

2 Thank 563Karin