“Very Comfortable for a Great Price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Comfortable for a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Let me begin my review by explaining that this was my first stay at a Homewood Suites by Hilton so I was not sure what to expect. I was on a last minute business trip and only needed to stay for 1 night. I picked this hotel primarily due to the price and location.

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the entire hotel and the size of my suite (kitchen, living room, and bedroom). There is plenty of space for an entire family. Additionally the work out center was big and contained a lot of different types of equipment. We all enjoyed the added amenities such as free internet, free hot breakfast (much more than the typical cold pastries and fruit that most hotels offer), and the free hot food and beer/wine on each weekday night. Overall we were all very surprised most by these amenities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bbucker13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
West Chester, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stay at homewood suites often with my family due to the great value. I stayed at the Princeton location on business and it overall is an average homewood. My two issues: my room had a sulfur like smell each time I entered it. I blew it off as a local water issue. What motivated me to write this review was the lack of waffles on the included breakfast. I have found homewoods to be hit or miss on having the waffles which is concerning given they pioneered this option years ago and now most every mid tier chain throws in the free waffles. The issue here was the waffle maker was not cooking the waffle and when I notified the attendant she simply sniffed at the waffle maker and then vanished to the back not to return?! I grabbed a banana and two oranges and called it a wrap.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank FlyTiger
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is a nice, clean, friendly hotel--although the last couple times I have stayed here there has been a large group of guys always standing right outside the parking lot doors smoking like there is no tomorrow. The suite is 2 separate rooms with a full kitchen/refrigerator. The weekday evening "meal" is a nice snack with a glass of wine but don't expect fine cuisine. The hot tub beside the indoor pool was nice the first night. I wasn't able to enjoy it again as it was not warm/hot the remaining 3 nights of my stay. The location isn't far from downtown Princeton and the University for nice shopping and dining.

Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Here's what a family of 4 is looking for, a good clean room in a quiet hotel for a reasonable price. This property was just that, we enjoyed our free meal that night and complimentary breakfast that morning. Staff was friendly and courteous. 1 Bedroom King Suite was spacious and well appointed. We used the onsite laundry to catch up on dirty clothes and it was great. Pool and spa area were well kept, clean and modern. A few pool toys were left for our kids to enjoy!

Room Tip: Hotel is spread out so get a room close to an entry door!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank IamSiriS
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I should have written this earlier because I stayed end of October 2011. I was impressed with the hospitality and service: most important for me was the shuttle service particularly because we had a sudden snowstorm during my stay. I agree that pool could be warmer. Also the fire alarm went off and I was told that did happen with some frequency. However overall I would stay there again based on the kindness of the staff, and the comfortable atmosphere. As a matter of fact I will be staying there again in the Spring.

Room Tip: Tell the staff ahead of time you would like a quiet room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Yvonne P
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have been staying here for several weeks while working in the area and the staff is always very helpful and eager to provide the small comforts that distinguish a "place to stay" from a hotel. David in the breakfast area is a pleasure as is Wyatt on the desk in the evenings. Thanks for sevral great stays

Room Tip: The two room suites are great.
2 Thank Robert S
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Lots of places on US 1 to stay, so decided to give this one a try. Very nice property and got upgrated to a 2 bedroom suite. Too bad I was by myself ;-)

Would certainly stay here again when in the area.

2 Thank Ralph W