“Rough Start, Great Finish”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
New York City, New York
“Rough Start, Great Finish”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I called the hotel the day before to make sure we weren't put on the 4th floor (smoking floor). When we arrived the next day we were told they couldn't accommodate me on the 2nd floor so I would have to stay on the 4th floor. After complaining a room on the 2nd floor became available but the remote control to the TV wasn't working and the front door lock wasn't locking properly. But in spite of all of that we had a great time at SESAME PLACE even though it's 30 minutes away from the hotel. The hotel is lovely, the staff was great especially the kitchen staff. Breakfast and dinner was great(thanks for being patient with us late comers). I recommend this hotel to everyone with kids who need a little extra space and PRIVACY. I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorinda J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite hotels to stay at. Plenty of room for our family of 4 with two teenagers. The suites provide enough space and privacy for all of us. Having 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa is heaven since we all have our own beds. The kitchen area and full fridge are also very handy. The breakfast is well stocked and enough for all of us. Waffles, fruit, eggs, toast, bagels, juices, sausage or bacon, cereal, etc... Our room is always clean and tidy. The pool is small, but great for your kids. The workout room only has 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine and balance ball. No free weights. If you want to go for a jog ask the front desk for the directions to the park located right behind the hotel. Makes for a gorgeous run. All together this is a great place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was fine but the mattress was old and there was no bathtub. In addition, the walls are thin and you will hear everything from next door. The sports court is positioned so that 1/3 of the hotel will get to listen to the teenagers playing basketball. I would suggest avoiding during the summer or on the weekend.

Room Tip: outside instead of facing the sports court or pool. Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank superdestroyer
Brandon F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the feedback and comments from our guests. Please accept my apologies for the noise over the weekend, we do our best to control excessive noice indoors as well as outdoors from our athletic court. Always feel free to call the front desk to notify them about any excessive noise so we can address it. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Savannah, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have being in your property for several occasions, and due to my job, in special operations, I am constantly traveling. In 15 years of staying in hotels, I never, I repeat never saw a front desk agent and acting general manager, Brandon, so unwilling to help a guest. I have never being approached by a front desk agent with: I DO NOT CARE, I CAN NOT HELP YOU, THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. Way to go Homewood Suites at Princeton, way to go. You are rewriting the book on how to assist a guest.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

4 Thank Marcos R
Brandon F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for not being able to accomodate such an early check in as we were quite busy the night before you were due to arrive. The only area we had available to offer you to change was our restrooms unfortunately. We do not force our guests to check out before noon - the only way to guarantee an early check-in is to reserve the room the night before as well. If we had a room, any room to get you into before standard check-in time, we most certainly would have. I really wish we were able to accomodate a earlier check-in but unfortunetly we're not always able to do so. Thank you again for your comments.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Princeton December 2nd - 10th, for a business trip. It was winter, windy & chill. But the hotel was so warm, very homy... Not a modern & luxurious hotel, but very simple & nice. The staffs were so warm and they provided me pick-up service, to and from hotel for my business meeting. The price was quite oke. If you expected a warm-home ambience, with home made meals, then this would be the best hotel. I really enjoyed the Christmas ambience at the lobby area.... I miss it now....

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brandon F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a harsh winter this past year and I'm glad we could provide some comfort for you during your travels. All the best to you. Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very nice hotel. The accommodations are clean and in good repair. Decent food in the lobby, and overall friendly, helpful staff. The workout facility is fairly basic...could use some weights and more tred mills. However, the hotel is located 1 block from the lake with great running trails.

1 Thank Rob W
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a nice hotel with the usual Hilton amenities. I want to ask that you mention to the Breakfast Hostesses that they do a nice job, everything is set up on time, neatly, and they always greet you with a hello and a smile. The front desk manager (?)/owner? (Indian woman ) isn't quite a s nice or friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton