This was a package deal through Sesame Place. Stayed three nights in early August (Saturday to Monday).
Overall experience: Positive (8/10)
Front desk was responsive, friendly, fast, and professional. (We left a FedEx package to be picked up, which they took care of for us)
Housekeeping was friendly, accommodating, and courteous
Kitchen staff was friendly, food was decent.
The room had a full kitchen (stove, microwave, sink, full fridge, dishwasher, dishes, glasses).
There was free hot breakfast daily. Breakfast was scrambled eggs (2 kinds, cheese and plain), sausage patties OR bacon, home fries, waffle iron station, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, cups of yogurt, fruit salad, fresh fruit, bagels, danishes, toast, juice & coffee.
We had dinner Monday night there but didn't make it back for Tuesday's dinner (even though we were welcome to come back). Dinner was served from 5-7 pm. The menu was meat and vegetable lasagna, garlic bread, vegetable medley, beer & wine.
Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The gym on premises was small (two treadmills, one elliptical, some medicine balls). The hotel offered their guests free access to a local gym, which I took advantage of once. Its about 4 miles away from the hotel, which they offer shuttle service to.
There's an awesome trail to run on that goes on for miles and miles in both directions! I discovered it on the last morning of our stay. The hotel should really advertise it.
We arrived back at 6:30 for dinner but there was no more meat lasagna and they announced that the tray of vegetable lasagna is the last one. Free beer is awesome but lack of food before the end of dinner hour was disappointing.
Shuttle service must be booked in advance and only offered in half hour blocks. Since the morning is usually booked for guests heading to work, going to the gym is out of the question until after 9 am.
The pull-out sofa bed was just as expected, lumpy and creaky. Our 3 and 4 year old did not enjoy their bed at all. They don't have cots since each room has a sofa bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Princeton is conveniently located just 4 miles from Historic Princeton University and the Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool & basketball court. Explore many Princeton area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Princeton
- Princeton Homewood Suites