“Large Facility, Very well maintained, comfortable and clean”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for a week recently. The only negative, and it is more on me, that the in room free internet is only wireless... which because of a laptop problem I could not use.

Anyway, the check in staff while staying and check out was all very nice. Just an oddity, my room had no ironing board when I checked in, but there were apologies and it was cheerfully delivered with 1/2 hour.

The room was large, comfortable, enough outlets.. comfortable work space... you can watch the TV fro the 'kitchen' table or bed, but your back is to it when at the desk. The bathroom in my king room had a large shower. Toiletries were top shelf, Nutrogena. Plenty of towels.

I also like they they offer a separate trash for waste and recycling. With Homewood Suites, a full size frig, freezer, microwave, coffee maker... plus the assortment of plates, utensils, pots...

A very nice, but large facility.. I did have to concentrate to locate my room over the week! Maybe just showing my age!!

Would stay here again or recommend to others,.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was a package deal through Sesame Place. Stayed three nights in early August (Saturday to Monday).

Overall experience: Positive (8/10)
Front desk was responsive, friendly, fast, and professional. (We left a FedEx package to be picked up, which they took care of for us)

Housekeeping was friendly, accommodating, and courteous

Kitchen staff was friendly, food was decent.

Positives:
The room had a full kitchen (stove, microwave, sink, full fridge, dishwasher, dishes, glasses).

There was free hot breakfast daily. Breakfast was scrambled eggs (2 kinds, cheese and plain), sausage patties OR bacon, home fries, waffle iron station, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, cups of yogurt, fruit salad, fresh fruit, bagels, danishes, toast, juice & coffee.

We had dinner Monday night there but didn't make it back for Tuesday's dinner (even though we were welcome to come back). Dinner was served from 5-7 pm. The menu was meat and vegetable lasagna, garlic bread, vegetable medley, beer & wine.

Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The gym on premises was small (two treadmills, one elliptical, some medicine balls). The hotel offered their guests free access to a local gym, which I took advantage of once. Its about 4 miles away from the hotel, which they offer shuttle service to.

There's an awesome trail to run on that goes on for miles and miles in both directions! I discovered it on the last morning of our stay. The hotel should really advertise it.

Negatives:
We arrived back at 6:30 for dinner but there was no more meat lasagna and they announced that the tray of vegetable lasagna is the last one. Free beer is awesome but lack of food before the end of dinner hour was disappointing.

Shuttle service must be booked in advance and only offered in half hour blocks. Since the morning is usually booked for guests heading to work, going to the gym is out of the question until after 9 am.

The pull-out sofa bed was just as expected, lumpy and creaky. Our 3 and 4 year old did not enjoy their bed at all. They don't have cots since each room has a sofa bed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I made reservations to a Hamilton's hotel and cancelled because it wasn't a suite and Homewood Suites are known for their great breakfast buffet/room space. I took a trip on the weekend of July 4th to NJ. We were going to go to Six Flags. We didn't feel like driving all the way back on the same night and if we stayed, we could go again to the park the next day before heading home and take advantage of our season pass. The room was a little small then I was used to, but clean, comfy. The staff was nice, I can't complain about that, but the breakfast was horrible! We couldn't eat it. I was with my best friend and two nieces that love to eat and enjoy Homewood Suites breakfast and they didn't even eat. I was upset, a great breakfast was supposed to save us some money. I was in a budget. There was a hold on my card for $50. $50 less I had for food. No breakfast. My vacation wasn't the best. We're used to the service we get at the Homewood Suites in VA. I was embarrassed with my best friend. I kept telling him how fast the breakfast is and was disappointed in the morning. I felt bad for all the food we wasted, but we couldn't eat it. Eggs and sausage were bland, pastries were not fresh and small breakfast area. The only thing I could do before going home was to ask the front staff if there wasany milk left from breakfast. I had brought mini cereal boxes and I gave that to my nieces for breakfast. A 10 year old and 18 year. The kitchen staff were very nice to give me 3 cups of milk and two spoons. That's what my niece's had. There was also a false fire alarm. We were getting ready to go to six flags on our first day there and had to drop everything we were doing and go outside. No one was assisting and guests were just following each other around. I really love Homewood Suites, but was very disappointed with my experience and paid very expensive for that weekend. Next time we decided just to drive the 2 hour ride home. If we would stay, we would stay somewhere else:(

• Stayed: July 2014
Brandon F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bring such an experience to our attention. Please accept my apologies for the quality of breakfast food that you had while here. I was the manager on duty that weekend - I remember it very well because of the fire alarm going off right towards the end of the breakfast time when it was very busy in our lodge! You don't forget an experience like that! Even though it had turned out to be a false alarm, someone had bumped a pull station and we had to evacuate the building per law until the fire chief could inspect the pull station and confirm everything was safe. I was making rounds outside, trying my best to keep everyone up to speed with what was going on as well as working with the fire dept & chief so that we could get everyone back inside as quickly and safely as possible so everyone could enjoy the extended breakfast hours due to the inconvenience of the alarm sounding and having to evacuate. All said - we are always working with our food and beverage team to brainstorm ways to improve our complimentary breakfast as well as dinner. Thank you again for your review and comments! Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We chose this hotel when we planned our vacation to Sesame Place which was only a 20 min drive away. We stayed for 3 nights and we had no issues with this hotel at all. The rooms were clean and there was plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children. There was a separate bedroom and the kids slept on the pullout couch. There was also a full kitchen which we did not use but would have been handy if we were staying longer. I also enjoyed the breakfast and the dinner that was included in the stay. Make sure to get there when it opens as there is not much seating. We took our meals to the room when we could not find a seat.
We asked the front desk staff for direction and they printed off a map for us. They were really helpful.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was beautiful. Rooms where clean, services great, customer service superb. Beds felt like clouds and the breakfast buffet awesome. My family had a blast there. We'll be there every time we go to great adventure. We stayed for July 4th weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When we arrived, we were delighted to see that the Homewood Suites offers both morning and evening meals for guests. We did not eat the evening meal as the lobby was crowded and many of the guests were behaving rudely. Rude guests plagued the stay, primarily a group of 8-10 rowdy, disruptive young men who were rough-housing in the pool area when we tried to take our children swimming and behaving in a disgusting manner at the breakfast buffet the following morning. I would hesitate to stay at this hotel again for fear of encountering similar guests.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am extremely particular and somewhat critical. I expect to be disappointed. I highly recommend this property. From start to finish they exceeded my expectations. I called to confirm on the day of my arrival and they informed me that they had personally checked my room and it was ready. Did they really? I don't know but it sure made me feel better to hear them say that! The room was larger than expected. The bathroom was larger than expected, cleaner than expected. It was great. The amenities in the room were exactly as I had requested. The housekeepers were friendly and had a pleasant attitude. The breakfast was typical. The FREE dinner at night M-TH was unexpectedly great. I was expecting chicken fingers and nachos. NO!!! Eggplant Parm, Mexican Pork w/rice, always a meat and veg AND dessert. It was great. We saved money by eating dinner at the hotel. The shuttle drivers!!! AMAZING! They are SO friendly and helpful. We utilized the shuttle everyday. Train station, the mall, Princeton Township etc.....drivers were great and what a wonderful service! I will be back to Homewood Suites Princeton if I ever return to the area.
BTW, only area that needed improvement, the indoor pool......my son used it one night, hair along the sitting area drains sceeved us out and we didn't go back to the pool.

Room Tip: Make reservations for the shuttle ASAP, it's a great service.