Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
Courtyard
US$229
US$175
US$154
Hyatt Place Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$228
Hyatt Regency Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$205
Hampton Inn Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$159
Hotels.com
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$206
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$262
  • Pool
Sonesta ES Suites Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$170
US$149
US$144
All reviewsan indian restaurantinner courtyardclean sheetsmain roadlarge showerprinceton universitybed and pillowsexcellent breakfastcoffee makerdecent hotelshort drivefree breakfastcomfortable staywholefoodsstaplessatellitevacuuming
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I can only assume this property was purchased for a renovation, that is yet to be done. We reserved a king room and were provided a queen (with management insisting the queen-size bed was really a king). The television CRT set was so filled with static as to be unwatchable. The furniture and bedding were extremely stained and worn with age. Most flat surfaces (desk, coffee table, cabinets) were sticky with apparently years of spilled substances. The courtyard garden was littered with cigarette butts and trash. The fitness center has one weight machine that works; and two treadmills, one bike, one elliptical, and one weight machine that are broken. Doors have to be kicked hard to be opened. The walls and ceiling are so thin, you constantly hear noise from other rooms. It may have been elegant in the past, but this Clarion is a dump now. The only redeeming feature is the PURE Restaurant attached to the hotel. It is elegant, stylish, and exceptionally good (if fairly expensive).

Room Tip: Best choice would be at another property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Needed a place for a week, was in the process of relocating for another job and was on a tight budget! Staff was very friendly, room cleaning was on point every day. Forgot a bag, didn't even realize it until I get a phone call from the general manager asking me if it belonged to me. They went that extra mile and packaged it to ship to me. Thanks!

Whole foods being next door was a plus, and they've got a restaurant and bar attached, nice touch.

For the Value (considering the amount I was paying) and the length of time I stayed, the friendly staff and the hotel exceeded my expectations. Thank You.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great location for business in Princeton/Lawrenceville area. Best part of the hotel is that you can walk (literally next door) to the Marshalls and Whole Foods! One thing to note about the hotel is that it was very clean but be aware that the rooms facing the pool are all courtyard facing (anyone walking by can see inside your room if windows open) and there was easy access for non-guests to enter into this courtyard area. Felt safe overall - but as a solo female traveler this gave me a little pause.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The over all experience here was average. Comfortable bed, great pillows, quiet night. We had a bit of a challenge finding the hotel - then, we had trouble finding our room~. the breakfast features Lipton tea along with the usual fruit, hardboiled eggs. cold cereal and waffles. The restaurant next door- PURE - has a very lively bar/ lounge- and there is an average style Greek diner within walking distance. In the mall next door, is a WHOLE FOOD Market.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My wife attends a conference in Princeton every year and this hotel is on the list with a special rate for the conference; while my wife is at the conference I stay in the room to do some work, relax, whatever. The rooms aren't too bad however the wifi coverage is poor and the room cleaning schedule is all over the map; the first morning the cleaners were at our room by 9 AM while the second morning they hadn't shown up by noon. I don't like having my work interrupted so I usually leave the room until the cleaning staff have been through before I start working; having such a random cleaning schedule is a problem (this happened last year too).

I went to the "Business Center" to see if it would allow me to work uninterrupted for a while and I found that to be a bit of a joke. The room has boxes stored around/under the desks, the network jack at the work desk isn't active and the electrical outlets are blocked by the desk. I would have expected a powerbar and plug in network access and a more professional looking area.

The only real shining star to this hotel is their handyman Alex; he is extremely friendly, attentive to detail, quick and efficient.

Last year we had one of the suites; the stove didn't work and the balcony furniture was very dirty. We may try a different hotel next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple