Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
US$162
US$142
Hyatt Place Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$126
Hampton Inn Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$133
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$194
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$217
  • Pool
Sonesta ES Suites Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$138
US$175
US$194
US$182
US$97
US$83
All reviewsan indian restaurantinner courtyardclean sheetsmain roadlarge showerprinceton universitybed and pillowsexcellent breakfastcoffee makerdecent hotelshort drivefree breakfastcomfortable staywholefoodsstaplessatellitevacuuming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Clarion going through Princeton because we like to stay in Choice Hotels. The lobby looked like a New York style hotel. We were given a room in the courtyard. Although the door did not seal fully, the room was neat, clean, and cool. The bed was very comfortable and relaxing. Since I usually have a difficult time sleeping at hotels, I was very surprised I was able to get a decent night's sleep here. The sound-proofing is limited, especially the upper floor noise. We were on the ground floor and the room upstairs was noisy. We heard all the feet walking back and forth all night. Once the noise stopped it was a quiet night. The breakfast room wasn't very bright and the selection of food items was not too well presented. The bananas were brown and bruised. The english muffins and yogurt as well as the coffee was very good. The tables were sticky and should have been cleaned after each use. I would recommend the hotel for its comfort and relaxation. Let's work on getting a more appetizing breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor so you don't hear the noise from the room above you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarge1996
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked this hotel on Route 1 outside Princeton for one night for my teenage son and myself. I found it on an internet booking site. It looked perfectly fine from the photos online. When we arrived, we noticed that the lobby was dark and very tired-looking. Worn carpet, walls and furniture. Access to our room was from from an outdoor balcony and there appeared to be a group of construction workers staying in the nearby rooms. Room smelled bad, was very dark and there were old, frayed bedspreads on the bed and the type of foam-board ceiling you would find in an old basement. Decided not to spend the night, even though we had prepaid for the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is what you expect from a Clarion. I stayed here with my kids because I knew this area and we didn't want to spend the money to stay in NYC. We took the train back and forth plus I had friends I wanted to visit in this area. The room was clean. The people were really friendly. The bathroom had some mildew on the grout. Nothing a little bleach wouldn't kill so that was a bit disappointing and the pillows weren't all that comfortable and very small for Queen bed. The pool was outside and cold. There are trees around so it wasn't as clean as it needed to be but then again the trees could add to that. We didn't swim. One day I asked the house keeping service to wait while we went to breakfast to clean. Turns out breakfast was over and the cleaning person was in the room. I asked her to leave so I could finish getting ready. However, I hope it was that she didn't hear me because she stayed in the room even though my things were obviously on the bed. I asked her again to let me shower and return. She agreed and we were out of the room in 15 minutes. It was strange to have someone clean the room so early 935. Other than that it was a good stay. Its by a strip mall with a Dunkin Donuts, Whole Foods and Staples. So if you don't want their breakfast or need some thing to eat you don't have far to walk. The fitness room was horrible. Good thing the river was close by (go toward the Princeton Country Club behind the hotel) to run on. I love that about this area. Close to the Princeton Junction Train station and Princeton. Over all, I got what I paid for. Some rooms opened to the outside. Our opened to a hallway with windows to the outside. Some rooms opened to the inside.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is located directly on US 1 outside of Princeton. It is part of the Clarion chain, which is supposed to be one of the upscale brands of Choice hotels. The property has two sides wings of rooms on either side of a pool area. There are not internal corridors; rooms are entered directly from outside walkways. Overall, the location is convenient. However, we were unhappy with several aspects of the stay and probably will stay elsewhere if visiting Princeton again. Our room was rather small, but it was well equipped with a safe, microwave, flat screen TV, etc. Some of the features of the room were not in good repair, such as the faucet of the sink and the shower curtain rod. Furthermore there was a very slow drip from the ceiling of the bathroom indicating a leak somewhere on the floor above. In addition, noises of people moving about in the room above could be heard. Breakfast was another disappointment. On two days of our stay it was moved from its usual location because of some private gathering. The result was a limited menu served in a less comfortable room. It is also fair to mention that when these matters were brought to the attention of the person at the front desk all that was offered was a grudging apology. However, when mentioned again during check out, the desk person on duty then provided a reasonable deduction from the bill to make up for it.

1  Thank AMS48301
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My daughter and I only stayed one night, but the place was very nice. I am picky and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk manager was really nice. The food was great. The choices included waffles, but we also had eggs, sausage, and potatoes. The coffee was really good too! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a room over looking the pool. These rooms are very nice.