“Renovations”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Sarasota, Florida
“Renovations”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I have stayed here 3 times prior to my visit last week. (Actually 1 year prior.) All of the rooms have been upgraded to the new modern look. Everything in the rooms have been completely redone. The staff members were very professional, nice, and accommodating. They said all of the finishing touches will be done in April. I was on the 3rd floor and it was quiet every night, a very good hotel that has a central location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at the beginning of January. I had been dealing with delayed flights for days and I was very happy to be welcomed by such a helpful and professional staff.

Ok, the lobby decoration can use some modern touches, but the atrium compensates for it. The room I stayed in was nicely furnished and spotless, and the bed was very comfortable.

In general, this hotel is all I look for in a business trip, comfortable room and bed, great breakfast and professional staff. I will definitely stay in this hotel if I return to Princeton.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always great to hear our staff made you feel right at home. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 4 January 2013

It's true that this hotel needed renovation, but now it's almost over. I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now, and I have seen the changes over time. It's now more modern and more comfortable than before. Nice, very nice.

But there one thing that didn't change: the fantastic service and hospitality. I really like the staff. It's maybe the environment or the architecture, but I can genuinely say that everyone feels good in there.

I have stayed in similar hotels in Princeton, but this one, the Hyatt Regency is certainly my favorite, and I will not stay in any other. My secret pleasure is the nice breakfast. it's not extravagant, but it certainly give me a reason to wake up in the morning :-)

The only reason fro a 4 star, is the price. It's just on the edge of what I would give it in terms of value for money.

Hope this helps,

Dr. MAK.

Room Tip: The breakfast is simply fantastic !
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We were heading north from Virginia to Albany and got a late start. We decided to lay over in Princeton NJ and made a reservation on line at the Hyatt. We had read that it was being renovated but it said that they were to be completed by December 31 and it was December 28 so we figured that they were complete. They were not but it did not effect one.

We were assigned a newly renovated corner room, a complementary one according to the girl at the front desk. Our reservation showed free wifi and breakfast she claimed that it did not but gladly honored it. She mentioned that they were there to help in any way. They service was very warm and helpful in every way even in the restaurant. They seemed to want to grant your every wish.

The renovations were very tastefully done and complemented what was obviously an older Hyatt property. The only hiccup was that they do not keep the out door hot tub open in the winter. I really wanted it to sooth my aching body but the swimming pool was open and huge for an indoor one and kept at the perfect temperature. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for your recommendation it is our greatest compliment. I’m thrilled that you found your newly renovated guestroom to be well appointed. It sounds like you found the service by the staff to be top notch. We want to make our guests feel at home from the moment they arrive. I hope that in the future we can welcome you back on your next visit to Princeton!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Just spent two nights at this hotel for a nearby wedding, and had a very good experience with almost nothing to complain about. Face it, this is not the type of hotel you are going to visit for a honeymoon or a romantic weekend. It is a business hotel in a business park on the outskirts of Princeton, but they do a very good job.
We came from Newark airport and took the train to Princeton Junction (surprisingly easy!). We were picked up by the hotel shuttle... a few minutes later than arranged, but hard to complain when it is a black Escalade. About six minutes to the hotel, which is located in a non-descript red-brick business park. The hotel itself is one of those standard three or four story Hyatt's with the central atrium... a little dated, but going through some renovation ( the pool was closed during our visit, but it looked nice). Check in was smooth and very welcoming, and we received coupons for free breakfast buffet. (Not sure if this was a special deal for our group or normal). Some of the lobby areas could do with a good interior decorator ( a bit of an airport waiting room feeling) , but our room must have been an updated one. It was very comfortable and we slept well in the bed. The walls are a little thin, but I wear earplugs to sleep anyway. There is a decent gym with good equipment... unfortunately a low ceiling, so a 6 footer cannot use the ellipticals without hitting his head on the ceiling... but otherwise good, and there are saunas in the men's and ladies rooms.
The best thing about this hotel is the service.... everyone we dealt with was delightful and well-trained. When we wanted lunch around 3.30pm on Friday afternoon, and there was only one waiter covering the bar and the lobby restaurant, and he was suddenly faced with a full bar after a Christmas lunch.... he was stretched, but professional and charming, and lunch came quickly and it was good. In the evening we showed up at 8.30pm with 11 people for dinner, and they rearranged tables to seat us. I was worried that our food would take forever to come, but Marissa did an excellent job, and everything came smoothly as ordered. Dinner prices are a bit on the steep side ( my recollection is something like $12 for a salad and $35 for a sea bass main dish), but the food was really quite good and we had a fun evening. And the breakfast buffet is just fine.... again with really charming and helpful staff.
All in all, the experience exceeded our expectations and Hyatt should be proud of whoever is in charge of training at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms and they are excellent. Very comfortable beds, quiet, spotless, all the ammenties. Breakfast buffet/menu are excellent but pricey. No complaints, exactly what you would expect from a newly remodeled hotel room.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled room!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Hello MYGC!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Princeton. We're delighted to hear your comments on our renovated rooms. Your comments regarding the delicious breakfast will be passed to our executive chef. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
usa
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here during Hurricane Sandy when the hotel had no power. The staff went way above and beyond to make our stay the most memorable camping experience I have ever had--candlelit gourmet breakfasts and dinners, extra blankets for warmth, and attentive staff who were extra appreciative of our business.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business