“A Lesson in What Not to Do As a Manager”

Hyatt Regency Princeton
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Winter Park, Florida
“A Lesson in What Not to Do As a Manager”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

HORRIBLE Customer Relations experience here! We booked two (non-refundable) rooms online and arrived after midnight. Though we had a receipt, clearly showing the purchase of both rooms for two nights they said it was not in their system, therefore they could not do anything for us. Customer service for the online booking was already closed so we were forced to pay AGAIN for the same room. The manager, Raj also shouted at us that it was not his problem and that he was unwilling to do anything in front of a crowded lobby. Absolutely appalled and will be sure to never stay here again and make sure others do not as well!

Room Tip: Who knows if you will have to pay twice for one room? Or if you will be shouted at in a crowded lob...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa S
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Theresa S.,
Please accept my sincere apologies for receiving less than our very best in service and the resulting frustration and embarrassment you may have experienced. I completely agree that you should expect nothing but the best in service as a guest at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of further assistance. We do greatly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us during a future stay. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Cristal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Hainesport, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It's been years since I've been to this Hyatt for a weekend brunch, but I took a gamble and had 9 family members join me for Easter. It was a gamble that paid off.

Their Easter celebration takes over all of the restaurant, bar, and meeting space. Some larger families/groups took over full meeting rooms downstairs while their larger "Windsor" meeting space was opened up to hold more than a dozen large tables/seating areas. Tables were set up on each of the levels within the multi-level bar in the lobby, and obviously through their restaurant area.

Most food was set-up in the middle on the lowest level, with an omelet station, fresh waffles, and carved meats (ham and lamb) on one side, and prepared dishes on the other...ranging from breakfast to lunch/dinner staples. In addition to a large selection of kid-height dishes like chicken fingers, tots, and mini-pizzas, the area also had a large dessert table with ice cream, dozens of different kinds of cakes, creme broulee, and a large chocolate fountain (complete with marshmallows, pound cake cubes, and strawberries to dip into.)

Further down the interior hallway were more items, like fruit trays, crab claws/shrimp, vegetable dishes, and typical charcuterie offerings. Fresh baked carb items where there too. These items were repeated in the main restaurant area, which made it more convenient to those sitting there or up in the bar area.

There were 2 live jazz bands performing, one in the atrium, the other in the rear Windsor room in the back.

My party sat around a large round table in the Windsor room, sort of tucked out of the way. I liked this location: it was on the same level as the food, which made for easy access for those in my group that have difficulty walking. There were also some kids in my party, and being out of the way was an extra insurance policy of us not bothering anyone else should the kids act up (which they didn't.)

The brunch included champagne, and our servers kept our glasses as full as we wanted throughout the multi-hour food fest. There was also a cash bar option, but we had plenty to drink in terms of fruit juices, champagne, coffee, and tea.

The tables were covered with chocolate eggs and Peeps, and there were spring/Easter decorations scattered about. They had the Easter Bunny there, taking pictures with kids/families, and handing out plastic eggs filled with chocolate.

Overall the food was good and the selection very varied for all tastes. But what impressed me the most with the Brunch was the exceptional service. After walking into the hotel lobby from the valet, I was greeted with warm smiles by many friendly hotel staffers. The hosts/hostesses handling seating were also very pleasant, eager to get everyone seated in a place they preferred. The wait staff was great; there was never a dirty plate or empty glass that didn't get replaced right away. Someone in my party has a severe dairy allergy and the cooking staff introduced themselves and pointed out what was safe and what wasn't on the buffet...and also prepared additional dairy-free foods for us in the back. It's that great service that'll get me to return for their next holiday brunch event.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Michael_K_SNJ,
We greatly appreciate your taking the time to write such a generous review of your Easter Brunch experience here at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. It was indeed our pleasure to have provided a positive memorable holiday dining experience as part of your family’s Easter celebration. Many thanks for your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at the Hyatt Regency Princeton.
Kind regards,
Cristal
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am so appreciative of the staff at the Princeton (NJ) Hyatt. I wanted to plan a simple weekend get-away for my wife and me to celebrate our wedding anniversary. With a little advanced planning on my part to surprise my wife to set up the reservation I was hoping to brighten her day. I never expected that I would be surprised too. The management was all too eager to help and coordinated our stay, made excellent referrals to outside resources and alerted the staff to expect us.

My goal was a local getaway for a couple of days. What we received was so much more.

From the warm welcome and best wishes at the front desk who were expecting us, to an over-the-top room, excellent service and attention to detail. It was such a privilege to be treated so well. Everyone was expecting us and missed us when we decided to hang out in the room too long. My wife is still talking about the room, the weekend, our hideout and getaway.

The food and beverages where all great as was the comedy show which is held at the hotel on weekends. My wife has not laughed so well in such a long time. I only wish we could have stayed a few more days so that we could have sampled all of the menu options. Everything was delicious and way too filling. Certainly a credit to the staff and management.

There are a lot of options for places to stay in the region, what makes the difference are the people. All you have to do is ask for help and I am sure you will be pleased too.

Room Tip: Ask for a recommendation. Let the people who know the hotel understand your goal and they will do t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding our staff and Management team during your recent getaway to celebrate your wedding anniversary in Princeton, NJ. It is always a pleasure to hear that you were impressed by the excellent service offered by our team and you received more way than what you expected during your stay. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very nice room (4th floor); the restaurant was quite good. Service and food both (perhaps a bit surprisingly for a "chain" hotel?) quite good. Very nice business choice given the number of companies in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The front desk excellent customer service as well the drivers that helped me get around especially to go to the hospital. Excellenct, highest praise and blessings for peaceful place for weary traveller.

• Stayed March 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding our front desk agent and our driver for their excellent customer service provided during your stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. Also, it is always a pleasure to hear that the hotel was beautiful and peaceful for a weary traveler. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Oeiras, Portugal
Reviewed 26 February 2014

They claim they have spent 19 mio in renovations...I wonder where it was spent, as really this looks like an olf, dated hotel. Rooms are OK, although not really quiet; the bathroom is just OK, but not a lot of amenities you expect. Foodwise, I had once a bad room service, and the meeting meals were crap.
If you're a non American guest without a car you will feel you are stuck, as there is really nothing to see/eat within walking disctance, at least in winter.
Decent fitness centre, open 24 hours a day, which is really nice

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Was there last week and the staff could not have been nicer or more professional. There were a few problems that need addressed. First off, the breakfast does not start until 630. That is way too late for business travelers. I had a conference call at 7am and I asked for the breakfast to be delivered between 630 and 7. I was hoping it would be 630 so I would not have to be eating while on the call. The food didn't arrive until 715. When it did arrive, the nice delivery man could not get the silver cover off the plate. It was stuck on. He tried to pry it off with a knife but it was so noisy I had to ask him to leave because it was disrupting my call. The manager was very apologetic and offered me some apple slices and croissants to make up for it. I was grateful for that but it didn't solve the root problem with the breakfast only being offered after 630. The other problem with the service was the shuttle. I ordered it twice while I was there and both times it was 10 minutes late. For a hotel that caters to the business traveler ( I would assume about 95%) they should focus on the amenities that business travelers need and expect.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo