“Nice lobby”

london
“Nice lobby”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Decent but what I'd expect from a Hyatt
Some grumpy unhelpful staff at the front desk who were being a pain in giving me a replacement key card
Rooms nice and quiet
Spacious
I loved the large mezzanine lobby

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Nidhipandey,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay. My apologies that you encountered less than our best in service when obtaining a replacement key. There is no excuse for receiving less than our best. We will certainly review your comments with our team during our ongoing training. We greatly appreciate your positive comments regarding our facility. Many thanks for your business and we look forward to another opportunity to serve your family at the Hyatt Regency Princeton.
Cristal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just a 1 night stay and although a bit out of Princeton is walkable – just. All looks good after recent refurb. Breakfast is expensive if not included and what you would expect from a big chain hotel.

Only criticism is I asked for a cab into town and they called me one. I found out the next day they run a free shuttle that I could have used but reception never mentioned this. I did use the shuttle the next day and driver was excellent – even offered to come and pick me up at designated time and place.

Dear NH001,

Thank you for your compliment on our recent renovation. We are very pleased to be able to offer our guests a refreshed hotel after recently completing our 20MIL renovations. We have a wide variety of breakfast options available. We would be most happy to assist you during your next visit with personalizing a breakfast in our Artisan Kitchen restaurant for great breakfast at a great value. I do apologize that we were remiss in offering our hotel shuttle service reservation option to you. Yes, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service for our in-house guests on a first-come first-reserved basis. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Regency in the Princeton, NJ area over Mother's Day weekend. The hotel accommodations were terrific. I, my girlfriend and a close friend decided to partake in the Hyatt's very well known Mother's Day Brunch.

The selection of gourmet cuisine was tremendous and the quality of the food was just that, gourmet. The line up of the buffet stretched almost the entire length of the first floor restaurant and lounge. We enjoyed everything from fresh made omeletes, lox & bagels, waffles to Fresh sliced roast beef and duck at their beautiful carving stations.

The quality and quantity of food was only surpassed by the gracious management staff and very pleasant, accommodating servers. I would highly recommend staying at the Hyatt in Princeton and visiting their Artisan Kitchen and lounge. We'll be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John B
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear John B.,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our hotel and Mother's Day Holiday Brunch. We're so pleased that we were able to make your weekend special and exceeded your expectations. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to recognize our associates and compliment their service skills. We greatly appreciate your patronage and do hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you.
New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Sounds like I'm in a minority but I found the remodeled rooms at the Hyatt to be very cozy (love the zebra carpets) and all that I required. I slept remarkably well in the bed - great pillows. I stay in Princeton w/ some frequency and, in this category, comparing the Westin and Marriott Forestal, I would choose Hyatt in the future. Okay, part of that is because location is superior and so handy if you need to get to the University or downtown P. I'd rather stick my hand in a toaster than spend time on Route 1. But on top of the comfy beds and location, I appreciated that I could go down to the bar and bring a nice lush Zinfandel in a proper glass back to my room (nice bartender) without being scolded to return it or other such nonsense as I have at the other hotels. Definitely hope to see a Catch A Rising Star performance next time. One thing: please stop with the internet fees. So annoying. And I agree that desk staff could be more welcoming and perhaps flash a trace of a smile. This isn't Vienna.

2 Thank kartwoman
Dear Kartwoman,
Thank you for your time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the results of our recent 20MIL renovation and upgraded guest rooms. Yes, we do charge for internet as we have chosen to partner with an internet provider who offers superior bandwidth for speed and a more secure connection for our guests. As a frequent business guest perhaps you would like to upgrade your future stays to our Business Plan option. Our Business Plan option includes several complimentaries including our high-speed internet service. Just let us know when you make your reservation or at check-in that you would like to upgrade to our Business Plan option. We do look forward to extending you a warm welcome back upon your next arrival. Thank you.
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding at the Grounds For Sculpture. Hotel was pretty good. The breakfast buffet was great, though a bit pricey. Rooms were nice, although the bed was a bit hard. Difficult to get the room to a comfortable temperature as others have noted. Could definitely understand how rooms overlooking the atrium could be noisy - the wedding after-party was boisterous, and we were asked nicely to quiet down.

Overall, not bad. Prefer the Crowne Plaza nearby though.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Derek H.,
Thank you for your hotel review. Glad to hear you had a most enjoyable stay celebrating a wedding with friends. I will be certain to pass along your comments on the HVAC challenge you encountered in your guest room to our Engineering team for their review and action as needed. We hope to become your hotel of choice when visiting the Princeton area. Should your travels bring you back to the area we would be most pleased to have to opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. Thank you.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hello.

We miss the old staff and service. The fronk desk manager was the worst. Room was dirty ( m&ms on floor, condom and toliet with pee ) No wash clothes, No regular coffee. The menu in the room was not what was delivered. We give up, years o loyal business ( Diamond member ), Done. stay at the Westin or Marriott.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mrmadisonave
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As a Diamond member with Hyatt, we appreciate your loyalty and certainly this stay is not indicative of the service you should expect of Hyatt.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the room was not properly serviced prior to your check in and that the front desk manager had an unsatisfactory attitude towards you. I would encourage you to contact Hyatt Guest Services at 1-800-323-7249 regarding your stay experience as we certainly do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This is my third review of this hotel.
I said last time i wouldn't return.
Staff are still incredibly helpful and breakfast excellent; however, i never sleep properly, the rooms overlooking the atrium are noisy and there are too many other things that don't work properly...for one, they can't press a shirt (see pic).
Gift shop is extortionate -$40 for a phone charger....
I really do not want to go back....

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Copperbottom,
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback and the compliment of our staff and your breakfast experience. Should your travels bring you back to our area in the future, please contact me in advance directly at the hotel for personalized assistance with your reservation and selecting a room location that best meets your needs. We truly understand the need for a good night's rest in comfortable surroundings. Additionally, we would be most pleased for the opportunity to lauder and properly press a shirt for you complimentary during your next stay. Thank you for your business.