Hyatt Regency Princeton
Nassau Inn(Princeton)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,062 results
All reviewscomedy clubrising starfront deskcentral atriumcomedy showoffice parkbreakfast buffetfree shuttlehotel restaurantindoor poolbusiness tripfitness centernew jerseyweddingrajlynnbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was chosen by our soccer club to stay at for a very large tournament weekend that we attended, so we did not have a choice, we HAD to stay here. The front desk was very kind and helpful, the rooms were spacious and clean. Typically we stay for 2 nights and have a small cooler of fruit and Gatorade for the weekend so a refrigerator is very helpful. However, we were very surprised to find there was a space for one, but it had been removed...THAT was a bummer. So we kept making trips to refill our ice. There was not a free breakfast included either, which is very important for our soccer players. Instead we had to drive to the nearest DD and spend extra time and money for it before our early morning games. We had hung the "privacy" sign on the door asking declining maid service...which they respected. We even were left a phone message stating they saw the sign and if we needed anything to please contact the front desk. By 5:00pm i removed the hanger and we went to dinner, imagine our surprise to come back to find the maid service had come in and cleaned the room! Not a terrible thing, but i'd rather they did not. All in all this was a very nice hotel, no true "complaints", but i would not stay here again for the price, too high for not providing breakfast or a refrigerator. I'm sure it would be wonderful for business.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the bottom floor...you can smell smoke in your room when people are outside smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank S0ccerM0m12
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear S0ccerM0m12,

Thank you for your feedback and the complimentary remarks regarding our front desk team and our guest rooms. I apologize that your room lacked a refrigerator; shortly every guestroom will have a new refrigerator. Please know that we have many rates and packages available at various times throughout the year. A variety of special offer updates can be located on princeton.hyatt.com. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to serve your family and hope to have you stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel the second week of June, 2 nights, for business. I had a room with an adjoining suite. I believe the rate for about $325 nightly. The hotel was a disappointment all the way around.

First, upon driving up to the hotel, I was surprised by how ugly the building was. I know Hyatt Hotels are a bit on the modern side, but this thing looked like a brick behemoth. Upon entering the lobby, the check-in was efficient and informative. The front desk clerk took the time to explain the hotel's amenities, and I appreciated the courtesy.

The interior of the hotel, while clean and updated, was a labyrinth of confusion. There were halls, and walkways, bridges and steps from here to yonder.

When I opened my room door I was greeted by a blast of cold air. That proved to be a problem because the AC was just uncontrollable - the room ranged from uncomfortably cold to uncomfortably humid and hot. I finally settled on cold.

The adjoining room, a very large suite, provided a sofa, two chairs, a dining room table, and a wet bar. The furniture was horribly uncomfortable - like sitting on a stiff board, and the TV and the sofa were at such an odd angles (and the room was SO cold) that I finally gave up using the suite and opted for the room with a bed so I could stay under the bed covers. The suite did not have a single lamp, instead it had awful overhead track lights that cast a glare everywhere.

The bed was a bit on the worn side, but Hyatt usually has, as this one did, very nice bed linens and room amenities.

I had 4 meals at the hotel restaurant. I noticed that the restaurant has received extremely mixed reviews. After eating there I will say that I thought the food was good - some of it was even great - however the servers and other restaurant staff just do not understand good service. They ranged from syrup"py" sweet, to non-attentive.

In summary, the hotel was not a good value. The room, while clean and completely modern, was uncomfortable. I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry M

Dear Frequent-Traveler901,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and complimenting the courtesy of our front desk agent and the quality of our restaurant food. I apologize that the comfort level of the furnishings and building design did not meet your expectations. I will immediately have our Engineering department review the suite’s heating/cooling controls along with the lighting and furnishing for overall comfort. It is with feedback such as yours that will are able to continuously learn and improve in all areas. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for business. The front desk staff was very courteous and I was checked in quickly. I have stayed at this hotel before and was not impressed. At my most recent visit, the hotel has been renovated and the rooms are fresh and very nice. Room service was excellent. The restaurant also had very good food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric B
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Eric B.,
Thank you for the positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, room service, restaurant and housekeeping associates. It was a pleasure to learn that you were impressed with both service and our renovations on this visit. We look forward to your next stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Hyatt Regency Princeton was perfect for our stay in the area. It's location is perfect for visiting Princeton University, Nassau Street and the host of big companies on route one. The hotel is very clean and very quite. Their breakfast buffet has many cold and warm food choices including lots of fresh fruits. One can also select a-la-cart items for breakfast.

They have a restaurant on site. The Hyatt Regency also has a shuttle service which we did not use because we had a car. There is a Hertz car rental desk in the hotel. The hotel's atrium is a great place to relax and have a conversation.

Princeton University 2014 reunion and graduation ceremonies were going on when we were there so the place was busy but not noisy. We had very quiet nights and never heard sounds from neighboring rooms. The hotel's rates are very high during Princeton reunion and graduation period.

We did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mothergirl
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Mothergirl,
Many thanks for the gracious review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly pleased to learn that we were the perfect fit for your family while visiting the Princeton area. We very much appreciate your business and look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Princeton. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our school crew team (61 athletes, 4 coaches, and 40 parents) recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. It was an excellent stay. Rooms were stylish and clean. Banquet meals were plentiful, delicious, and attractively presented. The banquet staff was efficient and friendly. The only problem during the entire stay was one small problem at check-in with keys, and this was handled quickly.

I can't say enough good things about our stay. If you are booking a group, Michaela Jimenez is professional and kind. This was my first year as travel coordinator for the team. Michaela patiently walked me through the steps needed to ensure a positive visit.

Our parents group enjoyed the lively bar and high quality restaurant. The breakfast buffet - with made-to-order omelets, gourmet cheese, pastries, and lots of hot options - is worth the price.

Our students are hoping the crew Nationals competition is held at Mercer County Lake again, just so they can come back to the Hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa L
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedbacks regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. Despite the small problem at check-in with keys, it is always a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and you liked its comfy rooms, plentiful and delicious banquet meals as well as the banquet staff who were very efficient and friendly. Your positive and kind feedback were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate