Hyatt Regency Princeton
US$137
Courtyard
Chauncey Conference Center(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$178
Hotels.com
US$175
US$154
Hampton Inn Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$228
US$228
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$206
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$308
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$226
Hyatt.com
Sonesta ES Suites Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$127
US$171
US$165
1,080 results
All reviewscomedy clubrising starfront deskcentral atriumcomedy showoffice parkbreakfast buffetfree shuttlehotel restaurantindoor poolbusiness tripfitness centernew jerseyweddingrajlynnbrunch
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel has recently been remodeled, the staff at the front desk, and the breakfast buffet are wonderful. I was there because i had a death in my family, needed another room the second night, and the front desk guy was so nice, i wish i had taken his name..... He accommodated me at almost the same rate....and was The star of the breakfast buffet was the chef she was so nice and her attitude was warm welcoming, and infectious.....this property is really nice, and well maintained, i wish they had minibar in the room...but its not a big deal.
I am shocked that its not rated higher......

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear PatriziaItaly,

Thank you for reviewing the Hyatt Regency Princeton. My deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I am pleased to learn that we were able to accommodate you with the additional room request. Your kind words regarding the service you received are most appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with our team. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to having your family as our guests again should travels bring you back to the Princeton area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here with coworkers for a conference held at Princeton University. The hotel manager and the staff, including the bartenders and waitresses in the lower restaurant area, were great, very friendly and helpful.

The only thing I disliked was that I was in a handicapped accessible room on the first floor and as a result, the bathroom wasn't set up well for the non-handicapped. I have been booked into handicapped rooms at various hotels before, and they usually just meant slightly larger rooms with railings in the bathroom. The shower was the biggest problem. The handheld shower head was on a sliding pole that should have gone up a lot higher. A guest who is able to stand in the shower is forced to hold the shower wand above the head in one hand in order to use it. They need to add a hook up high or replace the adjustable sliding pole with something which is much longer so the shower head can be fastened in place much higher. The sink lacked any kind of vanity top and there was nowhere on the sides of the sink to place items.

The shower issue was mentioned to the manager and he was receptive to the feedback. That's my only gripe - handicapped room isn't set up well for non-handicapped people as a hybrid room good for both. My coworkers in the adjacent rooms agreed, as they experienced the same frustrations.

Other than that, the place was clean, had ample parking and is in a good location to get onto the highway. It is not too far of a drive or taxi ride to Princeton U. or to Nassau Street (bars and restaurants). The hotel's lobby and ballroom were redesigned in recent years.

Room Tip: Don't accept a handicapped accessible room unless you are actually in need of one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chad L
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good morning Chad L,

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback regarding our service, cleanliness, central location, complimentary parking and recent renovations. Based upon hotel occupancy level and room availability, infrequently an ADA room may be provided to a guest who doesn’t have the need for that specific room type when it is the last room type available. I do apologize for the shower head function and counter space concerns and will request that our engineer review and resolve the concerns promptly. Thank you for your business and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in both of the Hyatt properties in Princeton recently, this one and the nearby Hyatt Place (reviewed separately), and both were very good, though each was different from the other. Both of them are easy to recommend.

After staying at the Hyatt Place a day or two earlier and being favorably impressed, we found ourselves in Princeton again and tried to stay again at the Hyatt Place, but it was full, so we decided to check out the Hyatt Regency. I'm glad we did. It's a very nice hotel, and much more luxurious than I was expecting. (From the outside, the hotel is deceptively plain, looking almost like an office park building, but once inside, it's surprisingly attractive.) The common areas are quite appealing, in a theme similar to many Hyatt Regency properties, including the large interior atrium. The rooms are quite spacious, and the mattress/bedding is great (as is usually the case with Hyatt properties). The furnishings are quite new and in great shape, and everything works well.

There is a very nice pool enclosed in a glassed-in structure. There's also an excellent fitness center, with very nice equipment in great shape.

When I first arrived, it was obvious that some sort of event was about to start, because a large group of people, in formal attire, was gathering in the lobby. I asked, and was told by the desk staff that there were two large wedding receptions that would be taking place at the hotel that evening, going on late into the night. Having experienced some horror stories in similar circumstances in the past, I expressed concern that there would be too much noise to sleep in the hotel, but the desk clerk assured me that she could give me a room far from the center of the hotel and I wouldn't hear a thing. I was somewhat skeptical, but she was right. We heard no noises from the parties at all.

We did hear other noises, though, but it wasn't really the hotel's fault. Late that evening, some car in the parking lot's alarm went off and the horn started beeping nonstop, and we could definitely hear it in our room. It did not shut off--and in fact kept blaring for several hours. I went out in the parking lot to see what the hell was going on (and mainly to ensure that it wasn't OUR car that was making the noise), and noticed that it was a car with Virginia license plates. I went to the front desk and told them this, and suggested that maybe they might want to check to see if they had only one guest from Virginia, and if so to call their room and tell them to shut off their damn alarm, but they didn't seem willing to do that. It finally stopped at maybe 3:00 a.m, perhaps after the car's battery ran down from hours of blaring the horn and flashing the lights. So hey, thanks a lot guy from Virginia in the Honda minivan, for ruining our sleep (and no doubt dozens of other guests' sleep as well). Fix your alarm, OK?

I should also mention that, as nice as place is, they need to reset the A/C in the hallways and other common areas. While our room itself was a very comfortable temperature, I have never been in a hotel that needlessly blasted the A/C this much. In the hallways on our floor (the 3rd), the A/C blasted out of the vents at such a high level that it blew our hair around when passed near each vent, and the hallway air temperature must've been all the down into the 50s--they could've used the hallway as a meat locker. What a waste of energy, and it was uncomfortable (and unhealthy) as well.

Despite these minor complaints, the room was top-notch and it was a very nice place to stay. It was a much better price than I would've expected, too--pulling in with no reservation for a last-minute stay, with no special discounts, we paid $149, which I thought was very reasonable for a place of this quality. Of course, this was on a weekend--I assume this place does get business travelers, so midweek prices might be higher, I don't know.

I would definitely be willing to stay here again the next time I'm in the area, and I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cristal_GSM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Cyberluddite,

Thank you for the in-depth review of your stay. I am so pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed our solarium pool, fitness center and newly renovated guest rooms. Although we were successful in accommodating your request for a room that eliminated potential wedding celebratory sounds I do apology that the minivan’s alarm sounding interrupted your sleep and that we were unable to immediately locate the owner. I greatly appreciate you letting us know of the AC level in your guest room corridor and will certainly have our engineer review all corridor AC settings for comfort level as well as energy usage reduction. It was a pleasure to have your family as our guests and we look forward to having you return to our hotel should our travels bring you back to the Princeton area. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my wife and son. The room was extremely clean. The service was outstanding. The pool was warm and my son loved it. The food was delicious. My family and I will definitely be back in the very near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Princeton. I'm so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and our wonderful amenities. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our 2 and half year old after a day at Sesame Place. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and attentive to all of our needs. The fridge was not working and Engineering staff was in the room within 10 minutes. We ordered room service and it was very quick. Overall we had a great stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests have a memorable experience while staying at our property. I am excited to read that you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It also sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your guest room finding it to be well appointed and clean. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Hyatt Regency Princeton in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate