“Could be better”
Review of Nassau Inn

Nassau Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The room was nice & the location is great. The staff was just so-so. One thing I just couldn't wrap my head around was the charge for internet access. Get with it people. Free wireless is everywhere and when someone settles into a room & finds a fee to connect, it's just insulting!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Kathleenbean
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Kathleenbean,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read of your pleasure with your room and our location within Princeton. I am sorry to read that our staff did not make a more positive impression on you during your time with us. At your convenience please reach out to me to further discuss any interactions with our staff that left you underwhelmed. This does not meet our standard of service to our guests and we would like to make all efforts to rectify any deficiencies. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were disappointed with the Nassau Inn. I will note that the location is great, walking distance to the Princeton campus, including Clio Hall (where they hold the information sessions and start the campus tours), as well as to shopping and dining. We arrived at night and my son hopped out, while I double parked in front, in order to ask the front desk about valet parking or the location of a parking lot. He was told that we should park in a garage a block away, but they neglected to tell him that we needed a hotel voucher to enter the parking lot. So, we went to the parking lot, only to have to back out of its driveway and drive back around to the hotel to get the parking voucher. I thought that was inconsiderate, especially when we were tired from our trip and the weather was bad. Our room was small and dark. The mattresses were very comfortable, but the pillows were lumpy. The heater was also noisy. The amenities in the bathroom were basically good (shoe shine, sewing kit, shampoo), but yet they didn't provide conditioner, which I would expect at a hotel of this caliber. Room service for dinner was timely, but the food was cold. The ravioli with mushrooms and madera cream sauce was very good, but the cold quiche was not. There was also no hot water for our morning showers. Breakfast in the Tap Room was great, however. Delicious blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes, great ambiance, and nice service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 1Karen1

Dear 1Karen1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with our location and the comfort of your mattress. We appreciate that you also included your positive experience with regard to the Tap Room dinner and breakfast that you enjoyed while staying with us. I am sorry to read of any confusion there may have been with parking your car. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and our communication regarding parking seems to have lacked on this occasion. I sincerely apologize for this and our Front Desk staff has reviewed this feedback and will strive to be clearer with instructions in the future. I am not certain what may have occurred at the Parking garage but in an effort to make parking for our guests seamless no pass is necessary to enter with your car. I am sorry for this confusion and please feel free to reach out to me if your future plans include another visit to the Nassau Inn. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Nassau Inn is right next to Princeton University and right in the middle of everything (shops, restaurants, etc). I think they recently did some renovations to the property. I got a very comfortable room. I had no maintenance issues while I was there, so kudos to the staff.

The gym was as basic as it could get. Given that, I took a break from pursuing my physical prowess.

Not much more to speak of as everything else was covered. A good stay but a little pricey in terms of cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chillinathtown
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Chillinathtown,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to read of your overall satisfaction with your stay and our fantastic location within Princeton. We hope you were able to take full advantage of everything you had out your leisure right outside your door. We are happy to read that you found your room to be so comfortable. Our staff is thankful that you took the time to mention them as well. We hope that if your future plans include another visit to the Princeton area that you will once again choose to stay at the Nassau Inn.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is well placed right in rhe center of the city. Old building you can indeed feel but if you like historical sites is not an issue. However the structure has some problems that need to be fixed. The most important one is the air conditioning system. The first room i was given had an option to tunr it off but for some reason, i guess it is because of the frezing temperatures putaide, it turns on every five minutes. The noise is unbearable and it is impossible to sleep. I made this issue known to the reception nd they did chnge my room to a more quite one but still no control on air conditioning that was placed right over the bed. The noise was not so bad but the air blowing on your face indeed annoying. There is absolutely no way to turn it off... I had to call engeneering to have someone turn it off from the basement. During the night of course I was cold and .... I dis not want to disturb at 3 am. Today I checked in again and asked for a roomwhere I can turn off the air. I was told that the only way is to call front desk and they sould ask engeniireeing... Strange for a top class hotel. I had to use the hotel because it was paid for but if I had a choice I would not. Alos the staff are not really the kindst people you can meet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ClaudioMario,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are very sorry to hear of your overall displeasure with the air unit in your room. Obviously we do not want any of our guests to leave the Inn with a negative impression of the room they stayed in that was designed for ultimate comfort. I would like to understand the specific issues you experienced so we can address them at once and make any immediate improvements that we can. Please call me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this recent visit and make sure something like this never happens again. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My family came here for a Princeton squash tournament and we stayed at the Nassau Inn. First of all, they charge 10.95 for wifi in the rooms and the only free wifi they have is in the lobby. When we tried to order a movie from the TV, it cost 17 dollars! We also were staying in one room for three people and requested a cot. This cost another 25 bucks. We were told to park our car in the Hulfish Parking and the next day when we tried to leave, the lady at the toll booth told us she could not accept our ticket that the hotel gave us. We were on a tight schedule because we were late for the squash match. We had to frantically call the hotel and explain what happened. The hotel could care less and put us on hold. We ended up having to pay 23 dollars just to get out of the lot. I would not recommend staying here. The only good part about this hotel are the free cookies they serve at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank LouiD37
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear LouiD37,
I am terribly sorry to hear of these issues you encountered. This does not meet our standard for overall satisfaction. These encounters certainly require immediate attention. I would greatly appreciate it if you could call me at your earliest convenience so we can identify areas of lesser quality and rectify all that falls short our expectations for you. We appreciate you taking the time to voice these concerns and we hope to use this information to better serve you in the future. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for a work function for four days and overall had a good experience. If you are staying in Princeton then you cannot beat this location. The hotel itself is an old historic building they've crafted into a decent sized hotel. It is not modern, there are some things that could use a facelift, and its a little on the stuffy side but that's the market they are in.

Rooms were very comfy, big, and quiet. Probably the most comfy hotel bed I've slept in awhile. Staff helpful.

Did not have a good meal at the restaurant but the others in my party did. Go there to drink and eat elsewhere that's on the doorstep of the hotel.

If I went back to Princeton I would stay here simply because of its location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear criminy27,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent Nassau Inn experience here on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to read that you found your bed to be so extremely comfortable and that you were able to rest so contentedly over your four nights with us. The quiet and larger rooms along with the comfort of the beds lends itself to the perfect Princeton stay. Our staff is grateful that you also took the time to mention their helpful nature. As you mentioned our Yankee Doodle Tap Room is great for drinks with an offering of 22 craft beers on tap ensuring there is something for everyone! Chef Michael LaCorte was happy to read that your colleagues all enjoyed their home style cooked meals but would like to know more about what you particular experience was. At your convenience please feel free to call me to further discuss these details so we can be sure to provide you with something you find more pleasing the next time you are in Princeton. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here last night as a gift for my Fiance's birthday and had a great day of shopping and a great dinner all within walking distance. The service at the hotel is great and the front desk staff is very friendly and personable. I requested a bottle of champagne in my room and it was there waiting for us and I expected to be charged for it but when receiving my bill at check out they did not charge me and gave it to me complimentary. The yankee doodle bar in the lobby is very cool and has the ski lodge feel. Food and beer are very good here and so is the service. I will definitely come back here for the cool village of princeton and great service and rooms at the Nassau Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear RichFetter,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience while visiting the Nassau Inn. Our staff was thrilled to read that they added such a positive impression during your delightful stay with us. Our location is most enjoyable for a weekend getaway and we are happy to see that you made the most of it! The overall look and feel of the Yankee Doodle Tap Room does have a cozy ski lodge feel to it and with such a wonderful assortment of craft beers to choose from it makes for a wonderful evening out! We hope that your Fiancé enjoyed the birthday celebration just as much and hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again, perhaps next year!