“Friendly Staff and Nice Room - More like a business hotel than a Luxury Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights (two adults and one child), in a suite, while visiting family. The room was very nice and had enough space for us to enjoy with my entire family visiting and chatting in the sitting room. The bed was large enough for all three of us and was separated from the other part of the room because we had the suite.
There was no noise from rooms upstairs or nearby. Actually, I think they refrained from placing others next to our room, which was very smart. There were people down the hall, but no one next to us. Perhaps they did this because we had a small child. If so, that was very smart of them.
We had room service once and it was quick and tasted good. We did not eat in the restaurant for any meals.
They have a small shop and a microwave on the ground floor next to the reception desk. It seemed to resemble a lot of business hotels in the area. So, there are some conveniences that a business traveler could appreciate.
They have a shuttle to go downtown Princeton, but we did not take it because we just drove. The hotel is only a short drive from downtown Princeton. I didn't even notice the drive, but it probably took about 10-15 minutes or so.
There were a couple of things that seemed outdated, like the elevators. Overall, though, it was a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us. Our suites are designed for exactly what you used them for. Sometimes it is nice to have the feeling of home without actually being at home. I am glad you enjoyed your room service as well. I see that you did not actually make into the restaurant, but the food quality is the same either way. In fact, some people would say it tastes better because they can eat it in bed! Our room service attendants are polite, quick, and efficient to ensure that you receive a hot meal with a warm smile. It pleases us all to know that you had such a good experience here with us. We hope that you come back again to see us soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend while on a trip to Six Flags (in Jackson). Six Flags is only about 20 minutes away and this hotel is a PERFECT place to stay. The staff is very friendly and professional. We checked in and received the famous chocolate chip cookie everyone talks about (they also do this at their international properties as I stayed at a DoubleTree in Costa Rica). We stayed on the 5th floor. The room was spotless, comfortable beds, Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, Wolfgang Puck coffee and teas. There are towels by the pool, and the pool is big and clean. I was told there is a fitness center that is open 24hrs a day, but we didn't visit. There was also a room with computers but we didn't use it so I am not sure if there is a charge. We didn't partake in room service or the hotel restaurant. Within 10 minutes driving time, there is every retail store, grocery store, restaurant, convenience store etc that you could ever ask for. We ate at On the Border which was only a few minutes down the street.

Overall, if I were to go to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: No good "views" so might as well stay as close to the first floor as possible for convenie...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

I would to thank you for staying with us. Here at the DoubleTree, we strive to make sure that every guest experiences a “10” in customer service when they arrive. Our cookies are a brand standard that every guest seems to enjoy. We offer them at check-in and they are available throughout your stay. You can also order them online and have them delivered to your house. We recently switched our toiletries to Crabtree & Evelyn and I am glad to see that you enjoyed them. If you return for Fright Fest at Six Flags, be sure to visit our fitness center and business center. They are both open 24 hours and are free of charge. There are also many restaurants in the downtown Princeton area, which is also only ten minutes away from the property. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree in Princeton and I must say it was just an average stay and not sure I would voluntarily come back again. The staff was nice but not as warm and welcoming as I have experienced in the past. The room was a nice size and it was a nice room however, there were holes in our sheets which I found a bit unacceptable. Also, we went to use the pool one morning around 6:20am and it wasnt even open and it displays on the door it opens at 6am. It was a little bit of a dissapointment since we wanted to swim early before departing for our trip. I would also say that the hotel is kind of the middle of no where but the free shuttle was lovely. Lastly, there was one issue with our trip, there was a family of over 30+ people staying on our floor and they were extremely noisy. I would have wished the hotel planned ahead of time and avoided putting us on the same floor as them (and next door at that). Overal stay was average but nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Firstly, I would like to thank you for staying us. We were glad to have you here. I am sad to see that you were not able to utilize the pool the way that you wanted. We will look into the locks on our pool to ensure that this does not happen again for you, or any other person that may be staying with us. I am also saddened to hear that you were disturbed by the other guests in the hotel. We strive to ensure that our guests get a quiet night sleep; our intentions are never to keep anyone awake. When we are made aware of loud guests we quiet them down as quickly as possible. We would hope that would stay with us again to ensure that you leave feeling just as warm as our cookies.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I arrived at this hotel after leaving a very dirty Comfort Inn down the road. The manager was very sympathetic to my situation. After a long day of work and traveling, this is just the place to make one feel at home while away from home. The lobby is clean, the rooms are fantastic and I will not stay anywhere else when traveling to this part of New Jersey again!
This hotel is well worth the extra cost!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us and writing this review. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at home when they stay with us. We understand that many business travelers do not spend much time at home, and the last place you want to sleep is somewhere stuffy cold and uncomfortable. We would you to recognize our staff not as just hotel workers, but as friends and extended family. Thank you again for staying and we hope that we will see you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

The first impression was an amazing one! The lobby is super clean, very inviting and the clerk who checked us in was very helpful and check in was super quick! They even gave us all chocolate chip cookies, LOL, I got such a kick out of that. Our room was very spacious, the bathroom was huge and well stocked with towels. Their indoor pool is heated and also well stocked with towels. Two of the days we stayed it rained and the indoor pool was really great to have access to. The gym is state of the art and has almost every type of machine and free weight you could want. Oh, back to the cookies, my kids went back for more and again the front desk was very gracious and gave them more. I needed a razor and a toothbrush and called the front desk, they brought them to me in less than five minutes. I can't say enough good things about our DoubleTree experience, it was our first time but not our last. It was also very close to Hurrican Harbour.

Room Tip: We got the room through Priceline $65 a night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time out to write this review. Our front desk staff is friendly and efficient. They wear 10 pins on their sweaters as a reminder and promise to our guests that they are to experience a 10 in customer service when they stay with us. I am glad that you were able to utilize the pool and our freshly renovated fitness center. They are always available for our guests and our fitness center is open 24 hours to ensure that you will be able to fit your workout into any schedule. We keep many toiletries, like the ones mentioned, on hand at the desk free of charge. We understand that sometimes you forget the little things. We are not very far from many attractions and next time you might want to try Sesame Place, which is also another great family attraction. Now, our signature DoubleTree Cookies are a brand standard that are loved by everyone! It pleases us all when we see or guests enjoy their cookie at check-in. We keep them warm and ready so that at anytime you may have one. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed overnight. After long drive we took advantage of indoor pool. Hotel is tasteful and clean. Restaurant offered great service and the food was very good. Our only complaint is a $10 fee/ per device for WiFi. In this age of WiFi free at the local service plaza or cafe, not offering this as a complimentary service is just annoying.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out of your day to write this review. Our restaurant prides itself on great food and even better service. Our housekeeping staff does its very best to make sure our guests are welcomed into a clean facility. The fee for internet charges is something we are currently working out and will have an answer for this issue soon. Thank you again for staying and we hope that you stay with us the next time you are in Princeton.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Princeton is a great stopover between dc and new York as there are some great restaurants. The hotel has been renovated, so flat screen tv, new bathroom etc but the zircon is one of those old below the window jobs- always going on and off and really noisy. The hotel is on route 1 and the double glazing cannot cope with the noise of trucks at 4 am! So if this is ok then put up with it. If you want something more modern - and quieter- look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2011

I would like to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our freshly renovated rooms. We have recently renovated all of the rooms in the hotel. Our AC units are standard and can be slightly noisy at times. We also realize that we are on a very busy highway and suggest that when you visit again, ask for a room on the west side of the hotel. The west side of the hotel faces the parking and is a lot quieter. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip between DC and NY! We look forward to seeing you, and will have a nice warm cookie waiting for you!