“Happy In Princeton”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I used to live in the Princeton area, so I was familiar with this location. I was staying there for several reasons. First to pick up and take back my sister who was flying into the Trenton airport. It was a quick 20 minute drive from the hotel. I had also considered taking the train into NYC from the Princeton Junction train station a few miles away. The room was clean. The staff was exceptional. Of all the hotels I have stayed in this year, the staff was the friendliest and most courteous I have experienced. When they learned I was taking my sister to the airport at 430 am, they asked me if I needed a late check out. Overall I would recommend this hotel. I have stayed at many of the hotels along the Route 1 corridor over the years, but I think this one is the best.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreePrinceton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Welcoming you back to your former town was truly a pleasure! We’re ecstatic to discover that your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton was one of the best you’ve had this year. The needs of our guests are very important to us and we’re always paying attention so we can make your stay the best it can be. Your recommendation of our hotel is greatly appreciated and we hope you’ll join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very nice hotel, has all the amenities one could expect from a hilton or other upscale highway hotels of the same class. Staff was very professional, and the room was clean, large, and quiet. My only issue - and that's a big issue - is that they charge for little things that all other comparable hotels in the area (holiday inn, hampton inn, hyatt place) give for free. I understand not every hotel offers free breakfast (though hotels of this sort should), but $10 a night for internet? Seriously? Who still charges for internet nowadays? $10 a night to have a mini-fridge put in the room? Really? I'm sorry, but if your rooms are comparable in size, amenities, and price to the other hotels in the area I mentioned above, and there such items are complementary, I'd rather stay there. The night before I was at the Hyatt Place about 2 miles down the same highway. Rooms are much bigger (at least the one I got) with a separate sitting area, internet is free, and so is the generous breakfast. Doubletree was a fine hotel, don't get me wrong, but next time I'm in the Princeton area I will stay elsewhere unless Doubletree is half the price for some reason.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

While we’re glad that the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton suited your needs for your stay, we’re disappointed than an area of your stay lacked in one area. We do offer a variety of complimentary amenities unique to our area, such as our complimentary local shuttle. We also offer a full-service restaurant facility. Many of the amenities you’ve mentioned are included with several of our packages, which include discounted rates. Given this information, we hope that you’ll consider another stay. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for an overnight trip with a large group of about 25+ families. The rooms were clean and staff was nice. The pool and fitness center were spacious and well kept. There were several meeting rooms and our group did rent one for a dinner catered by the hotel. We were traveling with a large group of kids and ordered Pizza, Pasta and Salad for dinner. When we split the bill, it came out to approx $15 pp which would not have been a bad price if we had access to the room all night. We all met in the room a little before 7 and the food was just OK. We were kicked out of the room around 9 and moved our large group of adults and children into the lobby. I thought that the management of the hotel would have been better off letting us stay in the meeting room to socialize instead of having us hang out in the main lobby. It would have looked better for the other guests staying in the hotel who were passing thru the lobby to get back to their rooms. Our group was not too loud or out of control, but there definitely were too many of us for other guest to pass thru without noticing the crowd.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Your perspective on your recent experience is greatly appreciated. Spending time by the pool is a the perfect way to have family fun, and we’re glad that you took advantage of it with your fellow travelers. We do our best to meet the needs of our guests and we apologize that we were unable to keep the meeting room that you had dinner in open longer. We welcome you to return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I highly recommend this Princeton Hilton. We stayed a week and the whole experience was made much more enjoyable by the friendly staff. The location was a great choice for all of the sporting events that we needed to attend. The room was always cleaned and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind recommendation of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton! We’re glad that our location added convenience and that the whole family enjoyed their time with us during the Special Olympics Games. We’d love to have you back should you return to Princeton.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Got a great price on Expedia. Restaurant is dated. Food was okay. Restaurant staff were not friendly and just went through the mechanical process of ordering, otherwise provided no real hospitality service. Upon entering the restaurant, we had to ask if they were open and we had to ask for a menu. Staff at check in were great, friendly and welcoming. Hotel could use a remodel as it is a little run down. Otherwise, I would return again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We’re looking forward to having you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton. It’s great that you received a great rate and that our check-in team was a highlight of your stay. We’re always looking for areas to improve, and we’ll be sure to share your comments with our restaurant staff in order to make the experience better for our future diners. Your insight is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night for a trip to Six Flags, because I got a good deal on Hotwire. I wouldn't normally stay at this type of hotel, I prefer hotels with free internet and breakfast, but it was just one night. Most of the hotels in this area are expensive unless it's a 1 star hotel I wouldn't stay at. We can never find a hotel very close to Six Flags, so we often end up staying in this area.

This hotel was ok, comfortable but small beds, with fluffy bedding and towels. The room was fairly small and no refrigerator, but ok for a night. The air conditioner was very loud and I kept waking up when it turned on or off. Otherwise I didn't hear any traffic or other people. We came too late to go in the pool, and we didn't eat the breakfast since it was $15 per person. I was hoping for cookies, but I didn't see any. The lobby was very nice.

I would stay here again if I got a great rate, but I wouldn't stay for the regular price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreePrinceton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Six Flags Great Adventure is so much fun and we’re glad that you stayed with us for your visit! Hopefully you’ll have an opportunity to take advantage of our pool on your next trip. For future stays, we have packages available on our website that include internet and breakfast. We apologize that you did not receive your warm cookie greeting upon arrival and for any noise disturbances caused by the air conditioner. We will have our maintenance team look at it promptly. Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel was clean from top to bottom. Staff assisted me with local maps to get us to the PNC Bank Center as could not use GPS. There was not a street address for this venue. Staff went above and beyond. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

No matter the situation, we’re always here to help! We’re elated to learn what an impact our team had on your stay. Your kind praise for our staff is greatly appreciated and it would be wonderful to have you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton again.