“Fine suburban hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Princeton
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times when I have business at Princeton University Forrestal campus. I like the Courtyard Marriott brand and this one, like most, is very clean and bright. The Bistro made a surprisingly good breakfast and there is a Ruby Tuesday in walking distance. I love the free Wifi and wish every hotel provided it! I was a little concerned because there was a teenage girl sports team staying on my floor, but they got quiet around 11:00 when I asked them nicely. I would have asked to be moved but didn't need to go to that step. Will definitely stay here again the next time I come up to Princeton.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

L P,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Princeton. We're delighted to have had you as our guest. I'm pleased to know that you like staying with us while visiting the Princeton area, and I'm glad you enjoy your comfortable visits. Please keep us as your place to stay when you have business in Princeton. We look forward to your next visit.
Luis Hidalgo, General Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Marriot in Princeton, New Jersey. The rooms are really clean and the service is outstanding. Again, thanks for the great service during my stay and for being so accommodating Theresa D. and staff.

Yvonne D,

Thank you for your kind review. We're very glad to hear of your pleasant visit with us. It's also good to know that our staff was helpful and well accommodating during your stay. We loved having you as our guest and hope you'll come and visit us again soon.
Luis Hidalgo, General Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Hurricane Sandy left us without power and without many options, so we took what we could get. The hotel was very nice, but we ended up in a pricey suite. Two rooms, a king-size bedroom and a sitting room, plus bathroom. Very comfortable, just couldn't get past what I was paying for a single night.

The hotel is very clean and in a premium location if you are looking for easy access to many chain restaurants and shopping establishments. It's is also close to the center of Princeton, which has more upscale eateries and shopping. The lobby was as open and inviting; including the small Bistro with a selection of meal options.

Nice place to stay if passing through, but I'd downgrade to a less expensive standard room option.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Hunt201,

Thank you for writing a review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard Princeton. It's unfortunate that your stay with us was under such harsh circumstances, but we're glad to have had you as our guests. I appreciate your compliments about our hotel, and I'm glad we were able to provide a comfortable place for you and your family. We hope to see you again for a leisure visit and a return to the Princeton area.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is a typical Courtyard - but with nice people and a nice clean room. Convenient to several business' and the hospital. I arrived late - and had to leave early. They were very accommodating and even opened for coffee a bit before they were supposed to.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Motrzo,

It's nice to hear from you. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Princeton. I'm pleased you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our very helpful staff. Glad to hear you got your morning coffee too! Please plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I never written reviews but I had to write this to express my thanks to the Staff . I was staying in the Courtyard for the 6 nights, during Hurrican Sandy. On the night of the storm, the staff lead by Chris had been calm and providing all necessary assistance to the guest, making sure there was sufficient food, flash lights, beverages and was in the reception with the rest of the guest when power was out, during the whole evening. They made the guest comfortable. After the chaos, the rest of the days, always ready to provide assistance and kindness. I used to stay in a neighbouring Marriots and from now on, my alliance is with the courtyard. Thank you very much to the whole staff team for making Sandy more bearable! See you soon !

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Cookiepija,
We're glad to hear you are safe and well. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a kind review about our hotel and staff. I am very grateful for our wonderful, cooperative team. Please plan to come and see us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

My family and I recently made a reservation over the Nov. 2-5 weekend at this hotel because we had lost power. But in the morning of Nov. 2, our power was restored, and I called to cancel the reservation so as to free up those rooms for someone else. I spoke to Teresa who, under the circumstances, kindly waived the cancellation fee even though I had not canceled the day before. I was very impressed with her level of professionalism and accommodation at this difficult time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

tchengesq,
This is a difficult time, you're right. We thank you for writing this review and letting us know of the special service provided by Teresa. I will let her know of your kind words and make sure she receives a special commendation for her outstanding work. I'm glad you are safe and well. Kind regards.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I (as well as 3 colleagues) stayed at this hotel when Hurricane Sandy struck NJ. The power went out in the hotel during the night, and didn't return until the next afternoon. From the start of the emergency until now (2 days later is when I am writing this) the management were a model of professionalism, with the comfort and safety of their customers as top priority. We didn't get any food before area restaurants had closed due to the storm, but the management cooked us some pasta and made some sandwiches just before the power went out for customers who needed food - they put the bill on the house knowing how difficult the times were. Flashlights were provided to all who needed them, and breakfast the next morning was provided - again on the house. I wish I had names but I don't. It doesn't matter - every single employee was outstanding and all of us were impressed and humbled by their service. At this moment they are dealing with a crush of refugees looking for a place to plug in and have a warm shower - I wish them the best and thank them again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

AmericanoinCH,
We are grateful for your review and kind comments. I will make sure to pass along your encouraging words to our staff. We're glad your group is well and hope that you'll have another opportunity to visit us under completely different circumstances. Take care.