“Great stay”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Rensselaer, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived late due to havingas horrible experience at the previous hotel we had booked.front desk ladies asked about my night and I explained and they listened and offer me water bottles to maybe lighten my mood and then made recommendations of different beaches for us to bring the kids.the room was beautiful and spotless bed comfy..I didn't want to leave...but Ingersoll had a great nights rest.

• Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! I’m thrilled to know your stay was pleasant and we appreciate you choosing us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team as they work hard to make our guests feel at home.

Miguel Colon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Bathroom was unimpressive and not the cleanest
Front desk associate was on the phone most of the night
Here are no microwaves in the room, we had to heat usup our food in the lobby on the 1940s microwave. The microwave doesnt surpass 4 minutes. Spent 24 minutes heating up my frozen dinner with three people waiting behind me.

The room decor was nice.

I would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Kesh G,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. Comments from our guests are very important to us. While I’m glad you liked the room decor; I was sorry to hear of your frustration due to there being no microwave in your room. It is sincere feedback like yours which fosters improvement for future stays. For this reason, I hope you will stay with us again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Bought a Friday and Saturday night on Priceline for $50 per night. Hotel is very nice, beautiful lobby and newly renovated rooms. The rooms are very nice. One point to be aware of: the A/C unit is right by the desk and if you need to work with the A/C on it will be blowing very cold air right into you while you work. This is a problem! Small but functional and nice bathroom sink area, and larger shower/toilet area. Room was clean and attractively furnished. Free parking and internet.

The only pain was the night clerk that dropped the ball on my Sunday morning wake-up call. There was no wake-up call. Such a simple thing to get right....

U.S. 1 is right outside the hotel so ask for a room in the back for a less noisy but not a quiet room...

At the advertised rate of either $120 or $185 per night this property is way overpriced. Go Priceline!

Room Tip: A room facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We loved hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for your honest feedback regarding areas in which we can improve. Our associates work to provide a pleasant stay in an effort to become your hotel of choice when in the area. We look forward to your return trip.

Marlboro, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Friendly front desk staff, clean room, comfortable bed, fairly quiet room. We had a relaxing night's sleep after a busy day. This is not a luxe location, but you can expect it to be clean and comfortable. As with other non-smoking Marriott properties, I wish they would not locate the "smoker's station" right outside the front door. Some of us dislike walking through the smoke haze when going to or from our cars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IIbeach1
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I glad you enjoyed our friendly associates and comfortable room. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here to enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool but despite the pictures and the hotels own website there was no whirlpool. Evidently closed permanently some weeks ago, it has been not been removed from the websites. Disappointing but overall staff was friendly and rooms comfortable. There were noisy early mornings on summer weekends with the influx of kids travel sports teams staying for tournaments.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Terri L,

Thank you for taking the time to write. It is through your valuable feedback that we can monitor and improve our guest experience. My sincere apologies for the disappointment you felt regarding our whirlpool. I’m sorry that we did not provide you with the exceptional stay our guests have come to expect. I appreciate you acknowledging our friendly associates and comfortable rooms. We desire another opportunity to host you again.

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I travel to New York and New Jersey several times a year on business but typically stay closer to our offices near Hamilton train station. I stay at Marriotts when possible, so stayed here when others were booked. I don't rent a car b/c the train is convenient to Hamilton and NY Penn. The hotel shuttle has a short radius (3 or 6 miles?), but Princeton Junction station is within--shuttle took me to/from station every day. I had to extend my stay and thus had to shop for clothes--afternoon driver took me to Kohl's and picked me up. So nice!! Room and bathroom was spacious with ample outlets and a refrigerator. Bed was firm and I prefer soft--that's the only downside. Starbucks coffee and full bar available at the mini-restaurant in the lobby--pizza and hummus was yummy. Ruby Tuesdays in walking distance. Fitness center has 2 or 3 treadmills--never had a problem getting one. Walking trail not too far from hotel is huge bonus! But what sets this hotel apart is staff. To say that they're friendly and accommodating is an understatement. They remember you and ask questions based on previous conversations. It was literally like arriving home each evening. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: One elevator serves 3 floors. If you don't mind stairs, room by stairs is very convenient to wal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Janie P,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks.

NYC
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Every staff encountered initated a greeting with a smile. Nice lobby and very well lit hallway. The path to room felt like a service apartment. Room was slight small - but well balanced furnishing made it just right. Bathroom was spotless. Had a balcony too - but furnishing was covered with layers of dust. Wish they couldve attended to that as well. Very comfy bed. Location of hotel right on Route 1... so you hear cars passing by...but it doesn't bother me. If so - ask for even number rooms which faces other side. Only disappointment was no whirlpool especially since they advertised it. They used to - but covered it with tiles. Also - no complimentart coffee in lobby...though the bistro comp me a starbucks coffee. YES - I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We’re pleased to hear our clean comfortable room and friendly associates made for an enjoyable stay; I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. It was a pleasure to host you. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.