“always a pleasure at Hyatt hotels”

Hyatt Place Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I really liked this hotel for several reasons. First, Hyatt ALWAYS delivers a good stay. The room was HUGE for a single room king size bed I had a living room area also. I felt like I was staying in a suite. The bed was VERY comfortable & the room was clean. I like the flat screen tv & was able to watch HBO which was a huge deal for me because I didn't want to miss True Blood. The location is great. We walked next door to On The Border for dinner. It was literally right in front of the hotel. There was a mall next door so the location was exactly what we needed since we were on business trip & I wasn't able to drive myself to other places. The front desk staff was very helpful & even helped us load our truck up when we left. We had a conference room booked & it was a good set up. The downstairs lobby had computers where I could do some work that I couldn't do with my iPad. The GM was very nice he spoke to everyone & even stopped to chat with me. I was very impressed. Breakfast was included & it was the only part that I would give 4 stars everything else was 5 stars by a landslide. I love the decor in the front lobby & rooms. It had a very new/trendy vibe to the hotel. Will stay again if I ever go back to Princeton

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the great comment you have left for us. Please know we strive as a team to make sure each and everyone of our guests has an exeptional stay. We hope to see you back soon and invite you to stop by the management office if there is anything you should need.

have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Yes this place can be crowded, but that is because of great location to mall, and it is on route 1 next to the highway.It is also crowded because the rooms are big, it includes wi fi, a Pool, and Breakfast included, and the place is new, what else can you ask for.Oh yes. It has a triple AAA discount. Is it the Hyatt regency ,The answer is no, is it good for families, the answer is yes.The only issue we had eas only one elevator was working on our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We would like to thank you for the wonderful comment you have left us here on TripAdvisor. We are excited to hear from all of our guests as we work hard to provide an exeptional experience while staying with us. We welcome all of our families at our hotel and love to see everyone smiling.

If there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 2x and have no complaints! Nice rooms, pleasant staff and I see no issues with cleanliness so I'm not sure why the previous bad reviews. Every room has a living room with couch plus a area for the bes so it feels better than your average hotel room. Both visits have been great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the great review here on Trip Advisor. Our team is constantly striving to make each of our guests feel as if this was their home away from home. Hyatt Place is known for our spacious rooms and our team is one of the best. We again thank you for the kind post and we hope to see you back soon.

please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can be of assistance with.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have stayed here 3 times now, and I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. There is plenty of parking, and the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Yes, you can probably find other hotels in the area with these same benefits, BUT I don't think you will find any other nearby hotel that includes a breakfast that is as good as the Hyatt Place Princeton's. There are freshly made breakfast sandwiches (their "skillet" offerings), waffles, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit sections, breads and sweets, juice, and coffee. Like I said in the title, I will stay here whenever I'm in the Princeton area.

Room Tip: The hotel is not close enough to the highway to really make a difference, but the rooms in the rear...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment on our Trip Advisor page. We are excited to hear from our guests as your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We hope to see you back soon and please do not hesitate to stop by the desk if there is anything I can be of assistance with.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place Princeton for a recruitment interview for him. I had previously stayed at the Hyatt Regency Princeton for my work, but neither of us had prior experience with this particular Hyatt Place. Wow. Words cannot describe how disgusting and unclean this hotel was in all regards. Bristol Myers Squibb really should not be placing recruits at this hotel (for the sake of the company's image).

We asked to be switched to THREE different rooms because of the uncleanliness of the hotel room before we were barely satisfied by the third room offered. The first room was on the 5th floor; it had two pubic hairs on the bedsheets. On to the next room. The second room on the 4th floor had a pubic hair on the toilet, and other random long hairs on the bedsheets. On to the next. The last room offered (on the first floor at the end of the hallway past the kitchen) was apparently the only room available at the hotel aside from the previously rejected two. It was barely adequate, but hey, at least it had no disgusting, unwanted pubic hairs. Ugh. I did not sleep well at all during this stay.

The room itself was damp and smelled of mold. The A/C was VERY loud, disturbing so during the night since it was located right by the bed.

To top everything off, the worst aspect of the stay was the shuttle ride I requested to be taken into the Nassau Street downtown area of Princeton. The hotel is located about three miles from Nassau Street, and it offers free shuttle rides for guests. Another guest was being taken on the same shuttle ride to a strip mall near the Hyatt Place, and once was she was dropped off, the driver headed downtown on a windy road. For the last two miles of the ride, he kept dozing off into sleep WHILE DRIVING. I noticed that the van was swerving into the traffic lane for opposing traffic as well as off the road on to the grass. Once I realized that the driver was dozing off into sleep, I seriously debated opening the door of the shuttle van and jumping out (better than dying in a car crash, right?!) and staying in the vehicle. I alerted him to my concerns about him sleeping behind the wheel, and he claimed not to be sleeping - DON'T LIE; I SAW YOUR EYES FLUTTERING INTO SLEEP FOR MINUTES, FRIEND - and seemed to stay awake for the remainder of the van ride. I seriously thought I was going to die in Princeton, NJ.

Stay away from this hotel.

1  Thank bostongal19

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us your comment. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I would like to have you contact our hotel and speak to either myself our our GM so that we are able to better assist with the issues you experienced on Property.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Pros:
1. Right off Route 1
2. Convenient to eateries and shopping
3. Hospitable staff
4. Large suites- living room, separate work station and separate sleeping area
5. Ample parking that is right out of the front door

Cons:
The hotel is due for a thorough cleaning. Carpets have old stains and I found a previous guests hair in the shower.

Conclusion:
In it's current condition (July 2013), it's only good for an quick overnight stay, if on business. It is not a resort type hotel that you would want to have a romantic stay with your significant other.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

We would like to thank you for your review and your comments about our staff and location. If there is anything I can be of assistance with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This property was very well kept. Friendly staff and nice sized guest rooms. Very convenient location - 3 restaurants right in front of hotel. Mall right across street. Stayed here for tristate lax tournament and although the property was full it was quiet at night. The only thing is there was no washer/dryer. Could have used that during tournament.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you kindly for the great comment you left. We enjoy having our Lacrosse group in every year. The teams are so kind and they are like family to us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The team here at the Hyatt Place strives to make our guest experience fantastic. We look forward to seeing you back with us next year. We also hope to see you back soon!