“Big rooms, Great front desk staff”

Hyatt Place Princeton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Raleigh, NC
“Big rooms, Great front desk staff”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, a girls softball team also stayed here the same night. Despite being old enough to know better, they were running up and down the halls and screaming for 2hrs before I called the front desk to ask if the floor would be monitored soon since it was 10pm. Ryon was working the front desk and was very apologetic for these guests behavior. He was very busy at the desk but as soon as he had the chance, he spoke with these guests and there was no further issue from them.He handled the issue professionally and genuinely wanted all guests to have a great stay. He was also efficient and friendly when we checked in. The man working the front desk the next morning was equally friendly and efficient. The rooms were large and clean and the beds comfortable. There are many shops and restaurants in the area of the hotel. Breakfast was hot and a variety was provided. You can also purchase starbucks in the lobby or a beer/glass of wine in the evening if desired. We did not end up using the pool since there were already so many other guests and many children in the pool when we arrived.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to leave us feedback on our Trip Advisor page. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we do apologize for the rowdiness of the team. Please note Ryan did advise me of the situation and I immediately contacted the appropriate school.

We hope to see you back at the hotel soon and please feel free to stop by the office if there is anything you should need.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Place right up until I got the bill. I originally booked for 2 nights at $124/night. Due to a flight cancellation I arrived a day late so my stay was reduced to one night. The rate on my bill was $165! Their explanation was that their rates are based on the length of stay. This policy was not shown when I made my reservation. I asked them to reduce my bill but they refused. Other than that, my room was beautiful and quite large and had just been renovated. There was even a bottle of water and a cookie on the desk to welcome me. The sectional sofa was big and comfy and they even had a throw blanket to put over my lap. The TV had every kind of adapter to conveniently attach computer, tablet or other equipment. The soup and salad I ordered from room service were delicious and very reasonably priced ($10 for the combo). They have a nice breakfast buffet with hot breakfast sandwiches and a large variety of options. As I said, I thought the hotel was terrific except for the surprise room rate. I would stay here again but would be sure to ask questions about the rate at the time of booking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy scheduled and leaving a review for us on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and all it's great ammenities.

Pricing does fluctuate based on length of stay, and availability. When you are ready to book with us again please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to answer all and any questions you may have on rate, the hotel and our guestrooms.

Have a wonderful day!

atlanta
Reviewed 25 February 2014

They were able to give me a room on same day notice...for this, I think they deserve a Customer Service Award.

Pros:
1. Newly refreshed rooms
2. Great customer service, as they helped me in a time of need.
3. Good hot breakfast

Cons:
The housekeeping staff forgot to clean my room. I guess, since I was unexpected, they didn't know the room was occupied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We ae so THANKFUL that you were able to take time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review here on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear from our guests especially during our renovation. It's exciting to know that you enjoyed the new room and enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to provide exceptional service and it is a true compliment to have you say such wonderful things about our hotel and team.

We hope to see you back soon!

Providence, RI
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at Hyatt/Place, Princeton, and found it a very good buy. The room was large, the bed comfortable, the tv huge, and the atmosphere in general was pleasant.
The staff at the front desk and at the breakfast kitchen was very helpful and cheery and the foods available for breakfast were plentiful and nicely prepared. We have reason to return to Princeton before long and this will be our first choice. We have stayed at other Princeton hotels along Route 1 and several of them were quite nice, but for a rather economical cost this has been the best so far. They are undergoing some renovations, but the activity did not begin until a civil hour in the morning and the sound level of the work was never overbearing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Patrick,

We would like to thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to leave this wonderful Trip Advisor comment. We work hard to make sure all of our guests feel as if this were their home away from home especially during our renovation period.

We hope to see you back soon and if we could be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me or our GM.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Look no further if you want a hotel that delivers all in the Princeton area. Hyatt Place has excellent service, well-appointed rooms, and a very convenient location. The breakfast buffet seals the deal. I really enjoyed my stay there Dec. 25-26, 2013, and would not hesitate to stay again. This review is based on a comparison with several other area hotels that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: The room is spacious and the sitting-area layout is especially suitable for families.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello Becky,

We would like to thank you so much for the wonderful words! We are so excited to hear about all of our guests stay and we love when we do the right thing!

We hope to see you back soon! If there is anything I can be of assistance with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Treviso, Italy
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've been there about monthly in the last 2 years till June 2013. The place is confortable, staff is kind, rooms are a little old and should need a refresh but you receive what you spend.
Breakfast is accettable (I'm italian and quite exigent...) but by far better that the near competitive hotel (stayed there too).
Good points: staff, position and swimming pool where you can swim and not just bathe.
To improve: sometimes cleaning, the state of the rooms furniture and carpet that could be refurbished.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air and not just air conditioning forced air, ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room that...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on our TripAdvisor page. Our team works very hard to make sure all of our guests feel like they've found a place that home away from home.

We are currently under renovation to refresh our rooms and we hope to see you back soon so you are able to enjoy all the new changes we have to offer.

If there is anything you need or have any questions on please feel free to contact me.

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2014

From the moment I walked into The Hyatt Place and was warmly greeted by Ryan, I knew I was going to love this hotel. It was my favorite hotel to stay and I am 53! The room was big with a beautiful tv, comfortable sofa and ottoman, the breakfast buffet was delicious! There is a walking path to On the Border and Macaroni Grill and it is a short walk to the Market Fair. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank colleen902
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Good Morning Colleen,

I hope this post finds you well. We would like to Thank You for taking time to write these kinds words. We strive to be our guests home away from home and when we get posts like these we know were are doing our jobs. We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay to the fullest and we hope to see you back soon.

If there is anything I or anyone on our team can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.